1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Flirt or Spring pole

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by pitbullaz, May 12, 2004.

1. pitbullaz

pitbullaz Pup

How do I construct one cheaply?

2. Redtail74

Redtail74 Big Dog

Get an old garage door spring and tie a rope on one end take the other end and fix to to a tree or something. The rope should just touch the ground or be no more than about 1 foot off of it (thats just my opinion). I have seen lots of guys put the rope 3 or 4 feet in the air.

3. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Just make sure all the dogs feet touch the ground when it plays with it and you'll be fine and so will he ;)

4. Marty

Marty Guest

This works for me

5. gator

gator Big Dog

Spring off of the hood of a old vehicle will work also.

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

For a flirt pole all you need is a long piece of pvc pipe that is nice and flexible so that it has nice flexibility...put a long rope thru the pipe and attach a hide or towel...there ya go.

And make sure, like has already been said, that when you use a spring pole that the dogs legs can still touch the ground, no need for unneeded injuries.
    BB

7. Gamest

Gamest Pup

My spring pole is a limb of a tall tree with a rope comin down attached to a swivel attached to a rope attached to tha side wall of a tire ( NO WIRE AT ALL AND LASTES FOR EVERY ) U can go to a tire shop they probably have some side wall around there somewhere. THEY WORK REAL GOOD.

8. æSDKæ

æSDKæ Pup

It works for me...Good exercise for jaws and neck..:)

9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

I don't fully understand why all four feet should touch? I would think two hind feet would be sufficient if not better for exercise and building strength.

10. woww that is a nifty idea i think that iw ill try it.

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Your dog is more likely to suffer from injury when its four feet are not on the ground...lots of folks think its cool for the dog to be hanging from the spring pole so they put it way up in the air, all they are doing is increasing the chance of that dog getting hurt...
    BB

12. Marty

Marty Guest

This is a picture of my spring pole it has a two foot long 3 in spring hooked to limb.

Attached Files:

13. LA_Headhunters

LA_Headhunters Big Dog

That's how a spring pole is supposed to be used.....FOR EXERCISE!!! Good pic by the way

14. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

When Nitro gets on the spring pole i'll have it where all his feet touch the ground and let him play with it for awhile like that, then for the most of the time and raise it where his back feet will touch the ground, and for the last part, for about 5 mintues i'll raise it high where he has to jump and grab it, but i will be right there with him to make sure nothing goes bad.