1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

First Match

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Fritz, Jan 8, 2015.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I used to look forward to reading your articles in SDJ back in the 80's. The articles on conditioning and feeding was classics. You always gave food for thought and sparked an interesting conversation. I used to write you back in the 80's and then called and we talked abit on the phone. I'm glad you are still writing. Take care,

2. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

This would have to be a "paid" subscription - ;)
    I can understand what you mean. Obviously there would need to be some delay on the books offered..lol
    It was just thinking outloud, and would need to be fine tuned. Possibly like bits n pieces of new onew -
    I know what you mean about the ages, the kids may not learn to write in our distant future.
    click, drag, scroll - cntrl atl delete enter ..

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

You said it Mccoy.

I was about to make a post on that subject. But didn't want to divert the subject. Since it came up, briefly, slowly we're moving into the digital age where evrything media based will be downloaded. I have my opinions on the matter but won't elaborate here. Let's just say this though, at the push of a button anything digital can be wiped out like it never existed.

4. pitbull-kid

pitbull-kid Big Dog

Why don't you want to wash the dog first? I don't get it.

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

IMO same reason you don't wanna be the first to pull to the line drag racing.... You wash first then you have to wait for the other to be ready. Some dogs it wouldn't matter, but I've seen some that go nuts the minute water hits them because they knw what time it is. If you have one of those and wash first think of how much energy that dog could burn going nuts in the corner waiting 3-5 minutes.... Just my take on it though, I'm sure their are 100 other opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..years ago..they could leave ya waiting 10-15 mins..so ya would need keep an eye on kick off time...as cajun-b....said..x2

7. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

That's essentially correct. A good dog begins expending lots of excitable energy the moment he/she enters the pit. Ten or fifteen minutes of just waiting in the pit can wear a dog out terribly. A half hour's waiting could potentially exhaust a highly excitable dog.

8. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

an excited dog as said will burn juice.......it was important to not slip up ,and let your oppenent know your dog was the exciteible type...he def try leave ya waiting....thats for sure...it happen to a friend off mine 30 year back..they knew his dog was the type to nip and go mad in the corner...left him hanging for 115/20...min..

9. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..that should be 15/20..i went out and caught them out and told them what kick off time was set for...and if they were'nt there in 1-min...they were a no-show..

10. monkman75

monkman75 Pup

Love reading these stories of dogs from the past.

11. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I've always thought "man meets bulldog" to be one of the best things ever written in regards to gamedogs.
    The fowlers were a father/son team. Lester, the father was quite the pistol, a very sharp fellow. Rick, the son is probably one of the finest men I've ever met in or out of the dogs. The two of them were a credit to the game. Those times and those men are gone along with the game as it was. People cannot do, at least in this country at this time what we used to do on a regular basis. It's sad but the nation has changed, I don't see how those times could ever come back, people are soft now, the country is ruled by emotions not reason.

12. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

and the emotion that is dominating is fear. Sad state

13. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

You said it...we are now a nation of cry babies, softies, sue-happy, cry me a river buffoons......who worship animals, and resent the God of nature who created predators.

I wish it would become legal....the love-money more than man government officials would shut up the sissies the moment they saw the money they could generate.
    It's okay for humans to fight, but not animals that were born for it.

14. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

Best part about it is, the majority of pretend-a-pits and cur dogs would be shown for what they are and the peddlers of garbage bred dogs would run out of business, while the punk ghetto trash and hillbilly bully junkies who can't take care of dogs would have their populations culled when they face the true pit dogs, and face true dogmen across the lines and not the wanna be pretenders who have defiled the whole meaning of what a pit dog and the dog game is all about.....

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

its like legal weed, hungar games, mad max and those type of things -

fuck peta - sara palin will handle them fools - she knows how folks use their dogs to survive up yonder.
    now the rest of the country - well - damn - may be too late for some of them - cull them also -

16. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

My goof in referring to the Fowlers as brothers rather than father and son. When I matched into them, I only remember having met one of them, most certainly the son. And yes, he was a real sportsman and a good competitor.

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.Good competitors can be found..but..good sportsmen are getting harder to find these days..FRITZ.....in any sports..sadly..some seem to care only about the $$$££..and EGO..(which we all suffer to some degree at times)....but i'm sure there still good sports around...

18. keystone

keystone CH Dog

most of the dogman picking ..if they know/understand its not gonne work
    anyway there you can see the real sport man
    but let not forget its al about to win that little game

19. keystone

keystone CH Dog

fritz how many times you have seen mayfield in life .beside this time with your first match??

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

to be first in ..have it pro to .....
    both side have witness when the wash take place.....waiting for 15 minite's ...hardly happend