1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

first APBT arriving on sunday

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by quinny, Nov 28, 2009.

1. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Gday guys. Just thought id introduce myself a bit better and eventually get some pics of my pup kilo up on here. His dam is from eli blood and im not too sure about the sire ive only seen photos. Hes my first APBT and any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

2. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

Should of done more research on the pup's Sire and Dam and the pedigree behind them! It's a must to know what you are getting! This is the first bit of advice I give new APBT owners.

3. quinny

quinny Big Dog

thanks northern outlaw. Im going back to his yard on thursday and hes trying to arrange for the sire to be there with his owners and peds. Fingers crossed, or i might have to give this one a miss.

4. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i would rethink the name, not exactly a shining star

5. quinny

quinny Big Dog

any suggestions? The missus thinks hamish?

6. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i would just stay away from the stereotypical drug and gangster names (kilo and capone for example)

7. Welcome to the wonderful (and very addictive) world of bulldogs.

Dont know how much you know about bulldogs or dogs in general but a very good starting point is getting good info and being prepared for your new addition before he arrives. See if you can get your hands on Cali Jacks Pit Bull Bible its a really good read and explains most things that can go wrong and ways to avoid it.

Get ready for a roller coaster of a ride, these dogs kept me out of trouble when I was younger, had me travelling all over the world just to see others yards and evenualy got me into trouble when I fell foul of some stupid bsl laws.

Look after them to the best of your ability and stay truthful to yourself, and with some hard work and patience Im sure that you will make a sucess of it. :)

8. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Good post right there itsmeagain;)

9. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Actually yeah i can definetely see your point there about the names! And also hamish is starting to grow on me. Im fairly new to pit bulls have spent my earlier years around friends yards but this will be my first. My typical dog history went sheperd, ridgeback, rotties and all three were totally different animals so im expecting a world of difference for my new bulldog! Thanks guys, appreciate it.

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

i would bail that dog unless you get proof of its backing and history, you can jump in too fast and be full of regret or you can, wait it out do some research[ you can never have enough] and be a bit more solid in to where your spending your cash. im sure youl be stoked with whatever you get but you should still get the best if you can.
    get fully prepared in every aspect possible and then take the step.
    you should maybee get another breed if there are a few that your interested in , why you say? because once you one one of these dogs, you wont ever own another breed again!!

listen to RallyRacer with the name thing, these dogs look bad enough as it is to some people a friendlier name is better.

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

you can name him "allowiscious" or "fee fee"!!! lol :rolleyes:

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

shiloh! lol

13. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

name him babyface it a mobster name not used by tomany folks and its a singer to

14. jscone

jscone Pup

itsmeagain and junkyard said it all 100% but also with these dogs live by Murphy law what will go wrong will go wrong .as i serve and protect the game dog.jscone

15. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Thanks alot guys. All your helps appreciated. And like you said junkyard after this one i dont think id ever change breeds again. Im going in to see his sire in 2 days but likei said if i cant find out everything i need to know ill give it a miss and get back on the hunt.

16. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

quinny where are you? by the fact you said gday in your first post id say your an aussie[elementary my dear watson]. if you dont want to say public thats fine you can pm me if you like. i would make myself very aware of the laws regarding apbt's in our country as the only places you can truly keep them and be 100% of no hassles is NT and ACT, every other state has heavy restrictions so you need to be very carefull. another thing is you will need to keep your mouth shut about it even if you are in a place where they are not restricted they are not warmly welcomed, more now than every due to recent dog attacks. If you get a dog with papers, keep your papers elswhere , if you get busted and you had a ped there its the rangers way of saying you admit your dog to be apbt. without papers its your word against them, and instead of having a dog put to sleep you can at least go through court to defend it.
    it can be a big risk in the wrong areas, so look at your options. id hate to hear a year down the track that your dog was seized or you were havin troubles do to lack of being prepared.

17. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

you can try GOTTI, CHAINSAW, KILO, GRAM, OUNCE, 8 ball, Blaze, BUNDY, MANSON.:D:D:D:D

ALL B.S. Aside do research good luck on your quest.

18. quinny

quinny Big Dog

i might steer clear of manson or bundy i think.

19. peppapig

peppapig Banned

call him FLUFFY........;):D ....or MONGO........

20. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

My vote is on mongo :p