1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Evolution kennels breeding

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by machobuck, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

no offense taken junkyard free speech but if he not a good dog he wont be bred or live on my yard any longer than two yrs also realise that im not due to receive said pup of litter for about 3 more months breeding was just confirmed that it did take yea its exspensive pup to purchase but to each his own you know deff cheaper than flying to equador to go get a pup which was my first thought of doing but with that being said as far as the papers go doesnt get to much better than that from that line of dogs i bacially looked at the 3rd generation to parents and im okay with my purchase even out of 2 proven dogs theres a chance to getting a cur thats why pple still cull today

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

we all been fucked over at some point. "macaobuck" just wanted a well bred dog for himself. hell "ed" paid for a new truck when they bought "ch cowboy". you live you learn that just life.

3. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

^^^^^ well spoken thanks bb at the end of the day the dog makes the peds every dog makes his own legacy

4. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

call me ignorant. but i would think there would be just as many really well bred dogs out there if you went and looked hard enough without the tag or the name for a third or less of the price. i hate to even use the comment , but "good dogs are where you find em" and a inbreeding thats bred through the arse has a higher chance of producing defects than one that hasnt. kind of stinks of car salesman to me.

as i said no offence to the op just trying to gauge it.

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

junkyard what makes you think that inbreeding on quality dogs yields a higher chance of defects? maybe there are dogs bred similar for less of a price but he went to the source for the dogs he wanted.

6. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Why does everyone act like inbred is such a bad thing. Inbreeding can be a fast way to fix a problem in a line just as much as it can cause one. If the breeder knows what he's doing.

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

inbreeding isn't necessarily bad. many fine dogs came from 1/2 brother x sister breeding, also father x daughter often produces good dogs.
    brother x sister and mother x son are much lower percentage breedings in my experience.
    I have no problem with someone inbreeding their own dogs and keeping the pups and culling responsibly. on the other hand I don't like seeing a newbie taken advantage of by buying some breeders (peddlers) culls.

8. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

it looks great on me

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Naus, im not questioning the fact it can produce high quality dogs at all, im pretty green when it comes to breeding, i was just asking for opinions to help me understand and i was more channeled to the barracuda question i jacked with. i just didnt want to offend the op at all with a left field question.

my origional question was in regards to me commenting on barras track record, and looks from pics and as i said i was written off elsewhere for commenting on him in some pics showing his work. hope this makes things clearer

10. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

and just to clarify, from my limited experience ive seen a couple of dogs whos ped was full of dogs bred through the arse, and they were some of the best looking and acting bulldogs ive seen, shit on plenty of others, my post was more to get an answer that explains what im not logically reading.

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

I see exactly what you're saying. Like if it was going to produce that
    much of a spectacular litter, NONE would be for sale. I will say the price is def way too much too. I paid a lot for my first two. My next two are only going to cost me $500 for both. That's almost two for the price of one. Sad thing is I'd bet my paycheck on the two cheaper dogs. I know more about the parents and the grandparents and the great grandparents.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i couldn't justify 2k for any pup. because the cost involved till 2 or 3 would be around 5g plus the cost of the pup. 2k gets you a 1x bitch for the most part. stud fee to a provin producer 1k give or take cost of keeping a whole litter till 2 4k give or take. personaly i like those odds better then taking a chance on a pup because most of the legwork is already done for you.

13. trey01

trey01 Big Dog

thats some good sense right there...
    the pups bred nicely,and if you can afford it and dont mind droppin that kinda doe on a pup..GO FOR IT....

14. benthere

When it comes to breeding, people often use exceptions to the rule as the proof that something works. As far as full brother sister breedings go they are notoriously bad breedings on a statistical basis. In order to say a breeding is successful we must first define success. Achieving a performance or production title is an objective measure of success. There is an article in a bulldog magazine that people would do well to read. It is a statistical analysis of pedigrees of performance and production titled dogs from the Book of Champions. In a nutshell what the study shows is that there were zero full brother x full sister bred champions and only 1 full brother x full sister dog with a producing title. Hmmm. and the other interesting statistic is that a full 86% of performance dogs and 70% of producing dogs were inbred no tighter than 1 duplicate ancestor in the third generation. That would mean the dogs were produced by animals that were no closer than cousins. So have at it if you want to breed for the exception, but statistically your chances of getting a great performer are less than 14% and your chances of getting a great producer are less than 30%. Sure there have been great tightly inbred dogs, but the odds are against it. Me personally, I like the odds to be in my favor.

15. rhumble

rhumble Big Dog

beenthere

thanks for your insight

16. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

good luck MB, Im guessin youre gettin what youre after, everyone is gonna think of every dam way to run their mouth when chances are, most of our broke asses aint never even seen a dog off this line, youre gettin the novelty of it which means no one can even have this blood, thats the bottom line, good bad cull cur hot, whatever, 400 gets u some hot shit too, but everyone has it, then theyll say well i got this one shit off this 20 yr old legendary breeding, not MB, hell he died not too long ago, its very hard to come by, so youll be standing with the only MB stuff at them shows, you gettin a male or fem? I d run a son or a daughter thru in a few yrs, keep in touch

17. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

catchdog price has absolutely nothing to do with quality of a dog. someone just posted a offspring of a recent ch hell i could have got one for 300$ if i wanted. matter of fact CML & SK sell pup's way cheaper then EK & that's where EK getting a lot of there stock from. they found there nitch & run with it can't be mad at that. but by no means is it exclusively run by EK or dollar amount determines the quality of a dog or breeding. if i had a 10k pup off "king lyon" it would still be a POS even tho theres probably only a few folks with them dogs. good friendship = good prices:rolleyes:

18. benthere

I've seen dogs right off Buck and Butkus, some good, some not so good. either way theres many good dogs out there from all kinds of breedings. all I've been saying is no pup is worth 4 figures especially off a brother x sister breeding from untouched dogs.

19. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

not everyone is lucky like you ben, I couldnt agree with you more benther bout the price, thats what the guy wants and hes able to get it, good fer him., i knew someone would be droppin all kinds of names tho. Tell this guy about the merits of this line tho, Im happy you know people and this and that, its hard to post anything without folks droppin all this bs and telling them they are wrong and not telling them why, benthere i think i could give a free dog away that could outdo most, i think 400 can getcha some hot shit too

20. phill

phill Top Dog

don't know much about evoloution or the price for any pups the last time i sold a pup was like 8 years ago some guy he said he was a rapper from new york ofered me 20 k for for the sire http://apbtpedigrees.com/printpedigree/out.php?recordID=10744 witch i turned down after that it was all about working with people i saw as equals just about the only way i'll work with someone is to use their male on one of my females and my male on one of their females then split the litters evenally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.