1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

emergency pit bull

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by pit_lover, May 29, 2006.

1. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

Daysha is a young adult pit bull(possibly mix?). She's good with other animals, except I think dogs, and LOVES people and kids! She's a bit rambunctious and isn't really trained. She does jump on people sometimes but usually has manners and is house trained. Her owner gave her to us because she was fed up with her, I don't know why, the woman is stupid and just got a job and I guess couldn't handle her anymore, so she was just going to give her to the first dipstick that wanted her. We can't keep her though, we have to many pets as is. My mom told me she's just going to have Daysha put to sleep and I really want to help her if I can. Please if you have foster home or something, that would be great! Daysha is spayed, shots, and on flea/heartworm/tick meds.

you can e-mail me Below VV my name is Megan and we're located in Northern Indiana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2006
  2. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I hope someone comes through for you on this one fast. I wish you much luck. She's pretty.

3. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

she is beautiful!! try posting her on www.pbrc.net, and contacting the local pit bull rescues too.. beg your mom for her to stay just for a little while, and work on the dog on her manners, which might sway your mom to let her stay if you work with her and show your mom what a great dog she could be

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Good looking dog, coat is beautiful. While shes in your care though, I'd trim her down to a healthy weight, she is pretty unhealthy/fat right now. Not only will she be lighter, but she will look better, and people are more hesitant to adopt a massive pitbull dog than a little lap cuddler. Best of luck.

5. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

I've e-mailed a couple of pit bull rescues, I'll see if I can get her on PBRC. I've also been working on her manners too. Today we worked on leash manners and it took her only a couple of tries to get from me running to a simple pull and that was with a prong collar on. I think if I work on the leash everyday she'll know the command "no pull" by the end of this week! My mom loves Daysha as much as me, we've known her for quite awhile. We were the ones that took her to the vet and had her fixed and all that. But we simply cannot keep her. On the brightside my mom said she really doesn't have the heart to put her down so we're going to try for awhile to find her a home. Sadly she can't go to the pound or the Humane Society as she'll be put straight to sleep.

6. B

B CH Dog

The dog definately hasn't missed a meal in a long time! Good luck.

Regards,

B

7. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

she looks like pepper! the same shade of brindle! how old is she?

8. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

are there anymore pictures, like of the face? I will help if I can. My dad has 25 acres and no other animals. Let me know.

9. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

I'm not sure how old she is but at a guess I'm thinking 3 years old or so. She really just hasn't been exercised, the woman was lazy and didn't train her. So of course she didn't want to walk her, whenever she went she went on a tie out and then just came back inside.

10. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

well thats a damn shame, is it you that got her looking healthy?

11. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

Oh I took some more pics of her today. Here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

begging for the tennis ball, I didn't realize she was a tennis ball nut :P
    [​IMG]

Catching the ball in mid air
    [​IMG]

Happy, tired girl
    [​IMG]

12. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

she is very pretty!

13. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

Ok my mom just told me I have a week to find her a new home. No responses from the rescues yet..

14. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

oh no! what are you gonna do?

15. pit_lover

pit_lover Pup

NOLEFAN and I are talking about trying to get her there.