1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ed reid

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by killadev300, May 6, 2010.

1. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Nice Palooka! Look at her eyes, makes my hair stand on end when I see that :)

palooka likes this.
  2. Skeets

Skeets Pup

Dusty Road and stedz like this.
  3. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

4. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Man thats nice SKEET and ROSE

5. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Did Reid purchase Stubblefield's Buddy or get a dog down off him, I've forgotten now? What made Reid access these particular dogs?

6. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Or was it Skipper that was from the Buddy line and Reid got Skipper from over the pond?

7. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

GR.CH.Buddy was stolen in USA mate.. Ed Reid imported male and female pups (skipper and stephie) from Glen Stubblefield and set the standard of UK sporting dogs for a generation.. IMO the Skipper x Texas Minnie cross (either directly through Minnie, or her daughter Beauty) was the jewel in Ed Reid's crown, but the East End Kennel's Neilson x Reid/Wise cross that created Champions Dirty Bertie, Bella, Myra and others was every bit as worthy.

reids skipper and CockneyRebel like this.
  8. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

What made Reid buy pups off Stubblefield? Were they doing well over the pond at the time or had Reid seen someone else's dogs over here off Stubblefield and liked what he saw?

9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Reid was a famous wrestler in Canada and North America, like a lot of fighters before him, he admires the courage and character of sporting dogs.. Reid the only white man I ever heard of managed to get a dog off Glen Stubblefield.. Kingfish dogs were winning all over the Great Lakes and Illinois areas and highly sought after strain.

10. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

He wrestled in America, I did not know that. So he dropped on those dogs by chance and the rest is history. Did he have good knowledge on these dogs and breeding or was it a case of him having all the luck so to speak? Are good dogs out there to this day from those bloodlines?

11. stedz

stedz Top Dog

if you google glen stubblefield pit bulls, a nice obituary comes up for him,there is also one for his friend jim wesley too.

oldguy likes this.
  12. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

CockneyRebel likes this.
  13. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

If Jim Wesley had written a book, I'd have bought every copy!

stedz likes this.
  14. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Dont leave it there mate,tell us more please!

15. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

16. stedz

stedz Top Dog

When i first started reading about the dogs,i often wondered why ed reid chose the line of dogs he chose,all the books mags etc seemed to be full of litters and stories etc of jeep ,zebo ,bullyson etc.I thought all the best blood and dogmen etc were down south and texas . Then after more study,more in depth,i started to appreciate the dogs and dogmen around the great lakes area,i now realise the special old lines behind reid dogs like.mason neblett hetrick etc.I woudnt even know where to start listing the great dog men from the area.special men ,special blood!

17. CockneyRebel

CockneyRebel Big Dog

Same here and I didn't know why or how Reid got in to that line of dogs, I would have never have guessed he dropped on them whilst wrestling near the Great Lakes.

As for Texas and such, got to be nearly 20 hours away from the lakes? Any matches of note between the texan dogs and the dogs from the lakes? I'm guessing it didn't happen all too often.

18. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

stedz and CockneyRebel like this.
  19. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

20. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I was not a fan of his Wise bloodline , the dogs from Skipper ware a great line , game , great conformation , super wind , and easy to condition ,

stedz, oldguy and CockneyRebel like this.