1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ear cropping

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by APBTfan, Feb 25, 2010.

1. APBTfan

APBTfan Big Dog

I am looking for a vet that does it in california. My brother is looking to crop the ears on his 9 week old puppy. we found one is irvine, ca. but he wants 700. Is that the average rate? If someone knows of a vet please let me know. thanks for your time.:dogtongue:

2. dont know about in Cali, but in Ga u can get for $125

3. wisconsingame

wisconsingame Big Dog

in wisconsin it $450.00 to a $1000.00 and there r only 4 vets that will do it. I was think of doing my 11 week old female

4. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Price on ear crops vary. In rural GA there is a vet who does them for $65 and in Atlanta there are vets that charge $600+

A lot of controversy surrounds ear cropping, so a lot of vets will not even perform the procedure. Not to mention, JUST because a vet will do it does not mean they have experience cropping APBT and will do a good job.

So be careful and STILL do your research even if you find somewhere that will perform the surgery.

5. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Contact Dr. La Bounty He is in Studio City, CA.

$200 bucks minimum, he does a really good job, He specializes in ear crops and de-barking. your pupy has to be at least twelve weeks of age, you will also need proof of vaccination at least two parvo shots. you will have to mail aa $50.00 deposit Cashiers check or money order with your contact info, when they receive your check they will contact you for an appointment.

11966 Ventura Boulevard
    Studio City, CA 91604-2606
    (818) 762-1491
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA

He has done 4 of my dogs and I am very please with his work.

6. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

100 bucks at the county vet and hes really good. The price varies, especially in town its like 500, they tried to convince me that they use a laser so it costs more but its safer for the dog... People have been cropping dogs ears for forever, theres no reason to charge more then 200 for it. Whoever you choose though make sure you talk to em about the length you want and try to get some references and pictures.

7. yoel

yoel Big Dog

$150 for some great work. A man teaches a class for free, mainly for pit bulls but others come to the class, and he can get you the nicest work for $150.00. The class is held every Sunday without fail at the LOS ANGELES COLISEUM. NEAR the USC campus. There's a whole lot of construction going on around that area, but the class starts around 8:30 ish sometimes closer to 9:00 am and it begins between the Los Angeles Memorial sports arena and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. There are two huge statues of a naked man and woman to be a little more specific to land marks. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKP0_DzfvMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKP0_DzfvMY[/ame]

8. act284

act284 Big Dog

Dr Labounty is the best in Socal...i 2nd that....

as for the training at the colliseum...is it still going on? i got a 10 month old dog that could benefit from this since Im less than 2 miles away...lmk

9. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

I wish there were classes like that in my area!

10. APBTfan

APBTfan Big Dog

im gonna drive down this weekend and see if i can find him. ill let you know if the classes are still going.

11. herbg27

herbg27 Pup

Green Dog and cat hospital in los angeles for 250. Tha't the best price i have found in los angeles. Other places where 300 to 600+. The vet there only performs two of these surgeries there a week one on Tues. and on Thr. I know a ppl who have done it there and have seen his work and it all looked good.

1544 West Slauson Avenue, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (323) 753-8440‎

12. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

No thank you.

13. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

We have a group around here trying to get ear cropping banned for pitbulls, dobermans great danes, schnauzer's, etc. needless to say its gonna cost ya.

14. act284

act284 Big Dog

the class is still going on...i was there recently

and again....Dr Labounty is the best for ear crops...i think he is charging $175 for dogs under 25 pound...it includes surgery, anti inflammatory...suture removal and 1 free ear taping...usually takes 4-5 good tapings for nice erect crop...$10 per taping session, but im sure you could do it yourself

15. QVO RIP

QVO RIP Pup

He's definitely the best in Southern Cali, he would even allow you to go in and witness the surgery and see if that was the type of cut you wanted. I remember when the tape job was free and as many visits until they were perfect.

16. i live in alabama and its anywhere from 150 to 350 here but i usually just wait until i have a few dogs i need done and take them to eunice louisiana where and get them done for 55 dollars per dog and when your doing 6 dogs at a time its a big save

17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Wow :eek: I could get a very well bred dog off some fantastic stock for that price, $700.00 to cut some ears, that is utterly ridiculous. its around $190.00 here in NW PA and several vets will do it, the bad thing is they will only do the longer show crop, they won't battle crop a dog here. Personally, I perfer el natural but to each their own.....$700.00 I'd tell them to F**k off and just keep my dogs ears but thats just me, I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a dogs ears.

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

theres a dude in oakland (cant remember the doc name for the life of me), he does crops for $125 ive seen pics of his work and he does a decent job!

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i like the look of a battle crop personally, but i prefer the ears stayin also.