1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Don Mayfield vs Bob Lemm

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by doubledog, Mar 1, 2010.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

STP was the best around in the late 80's and into the 90's.Won more then most and had some of the best dogs around.

david63 likes this.
  2. gar

gar Banned

Im not 100 percent sure , but the dog may have been called yobo , and the dog that he wanted to match into art , was i think the snake dog , but im not sure , mayfield does mention it on his videos and also somewhere in print , but i think it was the snake dog ,but i will have to check on it.

3. garth

garth Big Dog

For me Lemm why?His program if you understand it,allows the dog to condidtion it's self this way,you get a better conditioned dog not an over worked dog.I allso race an train harness pony's known as Trottingbred.I use to train them with a time cap and add to this every day and rest the day before race.Now I go to the track an turn them lose,what I mean is that I let them pace or trott as fast as they will go for as long as they will go.And they get longer rest be for their race day.The ppl I race think I'm stupid I just smile because they can't bet me most of the time and I win 80%of my races.:)

4. I agree, I have always liked lemm's program. There is also a video interview I've seen that has Lemm telling how he bought a dog off Mayfield that lost because it was so poorly conditioned, and went on to do very well with it after being re-conditioned by him. Of course that's how he tells it. Neither man was very fond of the other.

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

better your dog is ..more difficult it is ..to make him champ.

6. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Wow refreshing to read from people who were close to the game let be known who was really who.
    Both were tuff to beat and if you were one of the lucky ones, you have an honorable medal to bare!
    BTW Braodway Jack once told me he counted over 200 matches STP won!

david63 likes this.
  7. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Most don't realize or know Bobby was a boxer when he was younger.
    He liked matching but he knew the better the conditioner, better chance of being a winner!
    Bobby conditioned almost all of Stinson & Glover's dogs like Gr. Ch. Art, Ch. Dolmite, Ch. Tuffy and lot more.

Maurice would say something like,
    "London Bridge is in England, Eiffel Tower is in Paris France and the Millmaker lives in Alvin Texas!

8. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

That's bull shit. Why he was sold is because Jim and King was parting ways. As one who saw Art go I can tell you everyone ducked Art. Art was cannibalistic He kill them and eat them. I watch him beat Polar Bear. He took a piece out of Polar Bear's back and swallowed it! If they wanted Art I can assure you Davey would have brought him. In the short years Davey was into dogs his record was like 44 and 3? He took on anyone!

david63 likes this.
  9. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Good thing they didn't take Snake into Art because Snake quit on Lewis of the Southwest Combine.

david63 likes this.
  10. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Wow so GR Ch Art was another Pit General :D

Gringopistolero this one..Mayfields Yobo

[​IMG]

11. gar

gar Banned

Nice foto , by the way art may have been a good dog , but he would have ended up as dog food if he and pit general ever met .

12. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Art vs Pit General would have been a great hook up as Pit General was also cannabolistic,biting a chunk out of one of his opponents (cant remember which one it was) the size of a mans fist and swallowed it there and then.

13. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

It was FJ's Black Bart that got eaten up. :D

". Close to the :40 minute mark General put his front paws on Bart's chest and bit off a piece of Bart's chest, raising his head and swallowing it in front of 200 people ".

Isn't it odd both Art and Pit General both got stolen, both were cannabolistic nutcase's.

That would of been one Hell of a match to see GR CH Art going into Pit General.

Who do you think would of won?....any opinions from you old timers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  14. Knightmare

Knightmare Big Dog

Good dog? lol Great dog as in Gr. Ch 7xw! Pit General 2xw!
    How would you know kid? Tell us what and which one you saw go.
    BTW Art would have killed Pit General. Bigger dog.

david63 likes this.
  15. gar

gar Banned

i know that you hate don , because not once have u said anything positive about his time in the game , but whether art would have killed general is your opinion , but if i could have had either dog , i would have chosen general , he showed his breeding , i know who you would have chosen , anything that wasnt involved with don , cos your the kind of guy that would cut his nos off to spite his face ,how sad .

16. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

There is no doubt in my mind, love Him or loath Him Don Mayfield took pit dogs to another level through His conditioning..He was a man who could make an average dog look good in the [] through conditioning, get its body right I also believe He had a way of getting their mind right too or at least knowing very early on which were good bets and which were not.

The funny thing is those folk who put Don mayfield down saying he had a screw loose bla bla bla, one question: can you match His record? or His contribution to the game dog History?:rolleyes:

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

and that is what Robert Lemm was a millmaker . he only matched one dog of his . Lemm did'nt match he told stories and made mills . worked some dogs but not his own .

18. He was much more than a millmaker, he was a great conditioner of dogs and in many peoples opinions one of the best. He didn't breed dogs, and he may have not matched many dogs, or had many of his own, but his conditioning was behind a lot more amazing dogs than people realize.

david63 likes this.
  19. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Hum maybe I can only count to 21 but I saw 3 in one night, so much that 1 dog story.
    And this was after he wrote, "Seen through the Eyes of the Millmaker."

BTW, I wonder if the people who prop up dead dogmen can compare to the people they refer to who doesn't agree with them.
    What have they ever done and what will history remember of them?:cool:

FrozenEli and david63 like this.
  20. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Isn't from opinion, it is from viewed facts. Can you say the same?

david63 likes this.