1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dogtrotter vs rpmillmaker

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by 6sN7s, Apr 8, 2011.

1. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

hey boze, I have no reason to discredit the gamblers mill, I am being honest. It really doesn't spin worth a shit. If you want to see for yourself, come on over and if I am wrong, I will pay for your plane ticket home. I don't know about you, but I wanted a slat mill for cardio work, not strength training. It is so far below average as a free spinning mill that it isn't even funny. I feel like I have a very high end version of a carpet mill and a horrible slat mill. Let me know if you wanna come check it out. For that matter, I will give you a good deal on it if you are so high on his mills. It is less than a year old and has less than 2 hours on it, and is great looking.

2. idris

idris Pup

well , I have friend who got RPmillmaker mill and it is really bad for the match dogs and not good for keep you can only use it for 5 minute not more or you gonna hurt your dog that what my friend faced and have seen it with my own eyes ,but when we have heard about dog trotter USA we Immediately ordered the basic model and according to me I find it the best for sure comparing with RPmill . Simple rule .... you will get what you paid for

By the way I paid for RPmillmaker before 2 years and got nothing he is a lair. now I'm planing to get dog trotter .

3. Yas

Yas Big Dog

I also only get one turn from mine, while I don`t want to get 10, 3 or 4 would be nice.

4. G Force

G Force Pup

Maintinance is important on my mills. A little silicone spray on the sides of the belt that contact the rims will keep em spinning freely. Personally I had as much success as I could stand conditioning dogs with the mills that I build. I personally believe that they spin just like they should. If you work a dog for an hour on my mill verses an hour on the most free spinning mill in the world, my dog will be in far better shape all other things being equal.

That being said, do to my highly competitive nature I intend to build the worlds freeest (not sure how to spell that actually) LOL spinning slat mill ever built.

Peace All.
    G

5. Yas

Yas Big Dog

I don`t have a problem with your mill, i`m very happy with the quality of it which is why i`m selling everything due to an international move but the mill is going into storage. I will try all the lube stuff that you recommend.

6. G Force

G Force Pup

If your mill only spins one turn there is a problem with it. If you want to contact me we can see what the problem is and address it accordingly.

G

7. Thats what u call service - well done G.

8. I find this excuse hilarious. As far as im aware, RP used DHL in his air freight. Now DHL offer to ``custom clear`` or customs clearance as its officially called, your freight for you. What this means is that whether you are collecting your mill at the airport of your choice, or at home , the paperwork will be done before the mill even lands in your country.

Ive ordered 3 mills in total in my lifetime. Two chandlers and a Lemm which i sold some years back. Ive another on order now, from dog trotter. Every mill ive ever had came `custom cleared` before it even landed in my country. This more or less means its checked before it leaves the usa. So they snoop in and around it, get the drug dog to sniff it etc etc.

So eventually when the mill hits home, all paperwork is complete and u get your mill delivered to door. So this excuse of customs that rp used is very laughable indeed.

9. Molan Kimms

Molan Kimms Banned

I personally think that Dog trotter is best.In terms of price,shape,structure and usage its very convenient to use and comfortable.So i suggest and prefer Dog trotter on rpmillmaker.

10. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Maybe you should contact G. like he said. I understand if you`d been ripped but the guy has a good name to keep. I sent him a msg and he gave me a call, a couple of minor changes and straight away it went from 1 turn to 3.

11. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

meanwhile i got both the killerspinner and the dogtrotter pro medium standing in my livingroom

the dogtrotter gave me 1,5 free spins when i just got it, according to bob that should at least double when it has some miles on it. but for the training methods i had in mind, this is to heavy. had 2 crazy dogs on the mill and they both couldn't run any faster then 20 kmph. besides that its a great built mill, don't think quality of the materials/durability, silence!!, options and LOOKS can get ANY better. when crept i think its a great mill for dogs between 23-25 kg kilo and for the ones who like to give a bit more power to the training. between payment and delivery was about 6 weeks, which is quiet long. costs... 2100 euro!!! with shipment and all tax added. Good service from dogtrotter.

Then the killerspinner. besides the Philippines the have a supplier in Italy. Ordered it, and had it the next week. 1200 euro for everything, and i must say great service from the supplier in Italy Even live help through msn, lol. Can;t believe all the bad stories about them to be honest, not delivering mills ect... It gave me 4 spins brand new, should double up in some time as well. Just had my 8 months all pup on it for a test run. No toys needed, great speed cause its so light. and fullspeed with a toy. This is perfect for the interval training i had in mind. Bad things about it are the very loud noise!! and the time i needed to assemble. followed the drawings, took me 6 houres but eventually assembled it my own way. Its simpler when you know how. They put duck tape on the mills they sell for better grip and protection of the wood. no problems with that, have to see how long it will last, but seems easy to replace.

maybe someone can learn something from this too.

12. Yas

Yas Big Dog

^ Did you start the intervals yet?

13. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

Yes, thanks for that schedules Yas. RP is perfect for that. Dogtrotter limits the max speed allot!

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Big Dog

I have a RPmillmaker mill I've had it for approximately three weeks, from order till I received the mill was less then 3 weeks. It was easy to put together spins freely I get at least 3 full rotations. I've been working 3 bitches and a dog ranging from 32 pounds to 55 lbs and the all have no problems working the mill. Best money I've ever spent and The guy from RP has been helpful and kept in contact via MS messenger throughout the purchase/delivery/and post delivery contact has been excellent. I'll update if I have any issues in the future but at this point I can only describe this as a well thought out piece of kit at a great price.

15. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

you;re talking about the killerspinner? let me know how much you're getting from it after a few months

gr

16. Yas

Yas Big Dog

No problem man, you'll do well with that programme.

17. versatile

versatile Big Dog

one of my males on the dog trotter. it just came in the mail. i got it tuesday (two days ago). this was his first time on it. i let him watch a few of my other dogs first to build his anticipation. he started out holding his top sprint for 1:05. now he can hold his top speed sprint now for 2:12. i do this twice a day morning (before work and after). he's addicted. when he breaks stride i leave the room, then I come back and he gets excited and runs harder (millmaker). the dogs were so out of shape and they needed this. my other dogs are faster but they don't have quite as much blue blood. i'll might post them later. i was just proud of my dog. he wasn't scared or the least bit intimidated. i hear people say dog trotter limits the max speed but i think it actually makes your dog faster. i love changing up the resistance. i know it's only been two days but i am seeing definition that i never saw from the bike. i used to have my dogs pull me 12 miles a day on the bike (plenty of hills).
    [video=youtube;QhfSg8hLDgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfSg8hLDgY[/video]

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Top speed and 10 turns have absolutly NOTHING to do to get a dog in shape on a tread mill. ofthen its the belds WEIGHT and LENGHT that ditirmin the nrs of spins the mill makes(chek rpm mill maker you tube video where the WAVE of the beld pulls the beld douwnwords making it spin lots of times) shorten that same beld bij 1/3 and that same mill will run 3 times but still hase the same free spinning!!!!!!!.
    for the record our old mil never turned more then 2 TO 2 1/2 turns, and a 6 weeks old pup can move it........
    top speed is detirmind on the dogs capebilety to runn flat out and his natural born strenght and being atletic enoughf to do so.

you ever seen a Boxer ore martial arts fighters runn flat out all the time ore run in AIR with there legs of the ground trying to get minimal resistanse in there movemend!! to build stamina???..

when you look at vintage dog shows and boxing matches you see fighters leaning together AFTHER the first couple of rounds!! WHERE THEY JUMP AROUND AND FIGHT FOR POSITION ORE DITIRMING WHO IS ORE WIL BE THE AGRESSOR ORE DOMINATER ONE IN THE RING!..
    you wil NEVER see a dog ore human runn flat out in the ring. flat out sprints are to simulate Flurries in the pit ore boxing ring, in other words picking up the pace while being very tired for brief momends and ore to counter a temporarely onslought..
    the whole purpose of conditionong divices are to SIMULATE the fights and ore condition the body to fight at a sirtin PACE!!.ore be able to do so
    a free spinning mill turning 7/8/9 10 30 times dilivers NO real stamina at all. its the RISISTANCE witch diliver your dog ore man the DURABILETY in its STAMINA.

in other words the abilety to PUSHING forward for considereble lenght of time!.......... treadmills that turn when the wind blows on them are impresif pieces of equipmend, yet diliver a AIROBIC workout.
    witch is NOT what your afther in conditioning a dog. for the simple rezen he is not fighting ore boxing against the WIND!!!.
    unless your dealing with a lightning fast ear head uponend that never toutches the ground and is in full retread and moves like a butterfly as part of his game plan!!.then sutch a mill wil be sufisiend..

when your have a driving dog ore have a ofendsif boxing stile then you NEED durable strenght stamina..
    The myth created bij some and the many falowers who never had one on a mill and show of its performanse is taking on mythologicel proportions. claiming a free spinning mill that turns more is the best piece of working equipmend could not have been more wrong!...

we just imported a dog trotter evo pro light mill for somebody and it spins free!!. but gose around 2 times and when run in mabey 3 times. and thats all you whant in a mill . So wheather it tunrs 2 ore 8 times its the risistance that give your dog the stamina while working on it....... not the amounds of nr it spins....

19. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

if that was about what i said. top speed a fast dog can do, going crazy for some cowhide for example, tells me something about resistance of the mill and whether its free spinning enough for what i have in mind

20. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

iv tried the medium pro dogtrotter, which is a bit bigger and heavyer. looking back i would have ordered the small one which is big enough. they are fine mills.