1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs teeth are weak?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by stinkrock, Mar 5, 2016.

1. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I'm asking for a friend. He has some good young prospects. The problem is his dogs teeth always break when they are playing around. Is it anything he can give them to make them stronger? He gives them calcium. Thanks

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Add extra calcium and silica u can get it at Walmart there may be a few thing u can brush into the dogs teeth it's recommended for people but if it works in people it should work on a dog

3. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

4. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

damn they must be super fuckin inbred!! time for some new blood!!!

5. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Thanks for replying. Will pass it on thanks

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If its happening fairly often its probably genetic. Also there are a lot of people that say just add calcium when it comes to bone issues but what one does not realize is that calcium alone is not that great, what one needs is other vitamins that can enhance the calcium like magnesium, vitamin D, zinc, and vitamin k.

7. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Thanks Saiyagin will pass it on. When I say playing around I hope people know what I'm saying. He has some real good dogs but haven't been able to go far because of this problem. The ones I've seen always go to the mouth and face.

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Sometimes that can happen if both are right in that mouth area. But I do agree if it happens more than it doesn't it has to be some sort of prob with their porcelain

9. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Young pups may need time to mature b4 playing around...outside of them stopping early while playing, damaging the grill early would be another problem while playing with youngsters, especially if they play in the mouth...

Truth..saw 2 littermates with the worst looking teeth in the world, but could close that trap..saw those 2 bred up..pups matured and teeth looked like Orca....idk..jm2c

10. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Thanks for all responses. Will past info to him. Thanks again.

11. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

When your dog is so inbred a subway employee is campaigning him lol. As suggested earlier, you probably need some new blood. Sounds genetic to me.

12. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Already told him that.