1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs from Tatonka kennel (sorrell blood)

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by izack87, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I completely disagree with this, but it just my experience with every animal i have ever raised. I also gained some knowledge from my highschool agriculture when we studied how to "judge" animals(chickens, hogs, cattle, horses, sheep and many other species.
    I believe form comes before function - survival of the fittest......fittest is the key word
    See how long an animal with defects live in the wild...

Game4Glory likes this.
  2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Again as stated before "bad confirmation" and a deformity is two very different things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I get on here all the time, and disagree with folks - and do not give a shite if people agree with my post or not.
    I think you add good advice and insight to the threads G4G -
    TDK's post was very clever, and if you read it a couple times, you will understand his experience, which told how important a sound dog, in mind, body, and spirit can be to anyones yard.
    I think that the conformation standard was set to keep the dogs true to form by the old timers who knew and understood the anatomy of their beloved dogs and what it took to get it done - gotta have the tools, and some of those tools are result of the body and its capabilities.

4. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

TDK's post said it all and was very well put in my opinion.

5. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

history says otherwise though
    curs have been bred in most lines - we all know that, and some of those curs went on to the POR list..
    Breeding dogs is not as simple as breeding game dogs to game bitches..but it sure does sound good though dont it??

6. bobm

bobm Pup

Back to the original thread of good tatonka dogs, Look up Sandycreek Rascal. Heavy sorrell's/tatonka with a proven out on the bottom side. Although not "PURE" sorrells, she is actually tighter bred than most pure stuff. The difference is three generations of in house and out of house selection by true dogmen. So, the blood of the old legends was there, but had to be sifted out and brought to the fore by "SELECTION" and slight recipe adjustment. It also didn't end with rascal r.i.p. She and her sister both produced when bred back in or completely out, a true sign to me of strong brood stock.
    Would I go back to tatonka for more dogs, probably not. If I like that blood I would try to find the proven stock.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i know the dogs wasn't the main topic but Rage is my brother from another mother so i believe him when he said your not a bad guy . i'm sorry but i'm going to believe him . he's never tried to trick me . a dog can show damn good promise at 2 1/2 but he's just a kid still so he's still maturing . you think i haven't seen young dogs do good , well i have . but they are young so i let them mature . if i wanted to breed to something i would breed to the dad that produced him and let my young guy age some . a lot of people will do what they do but most like to wait until 2 1/2 - 3 to see what they like in their dog then 4-5 to breed him . that way the dog has matured and you know you didn't push them to much . some can and do but it's not the norm . if you spent years working on how he got there you will just relax and watch how they mature .you know you don't have to prove anything to anyone but you always also watch what you say because sometimes it could be misunderstood . what ever the multiple winning areas are i have no idea . but i love catch dogs so you keep that up . hogs are a bad problem and everyone needs to help in that area . you better be real careful driving around here at night . if you put out good catch dogs people will be coming to you . if you would like you pm's the peds of the dogs you talk about then i would like to look at them . i've seen the little gator stuff crossed to the Frisco blood .some were good some not so just like any line and any litter . you have your good and bad . but the little gator dogs have done a good job . i seen 1 many years ago show very good . that was a game dog . the whole failure and success thing i thing we've all been through it at 1 time or another . i don't think i ever talked smack to you about your dogs or program . but i did say it was getting hard to believe some of the thing you said . you know your right i may have dogs in my peds from people you have talked to but 1 thing for sure is they don't have my name in theirs . i just don't sell or stud out . it's just me but i don't want someone saying you gave me a turd i would rather flush it . you know i don't know everything and never will but i do know i have been with my dogs for 38 years so i think i have seen mine and a few more . now back you Guera and and the javeline dogs . i like the breeding and they sure put out some good stuff . do you know anything about his blood glory ?

8. bobm

bobm Pup

Not a recommendation for or against these folks in particular, just using these as general examples (insert any breeder and/or dogmen of your choice) as to how I would go about getting good dogs if I were to ever start again.

9. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Alright Old Goat, now that's the kind of post I can read and listen to. Appreciate it. And to answer your question about multiple areas, I mean Show, Pull, Catching and Bulldogs. While like you, I haven't produced many, the few times I did. I had a few really good dogs. It's been probably 5 years or better since I produced a litter and it wasn't Garner Dogs either. I didn't get into Garner Dogs till 3yrs. My Old Stud and brood female died on me. Female was 8. Male was 14. So they lived a long life. I had a few pups out there I had access to. But I just decided to start fresh. Something new. Id always fancied the black dogs and to me Chinaman was the ultimate black dog. I had nothing but red or red brindle dogs previously. Jeep/Redboy crosses and one heavy RedDevil male. Hell I had some old OFRN stuff to. Wilders/Henphill/Woods...stuff like that. So I guess I was just ready for something different. I'm happy how it turned out though. I like the Chinaman crosses a lot. Never produced a litter off one yet. But I have high hopes based on what I see and feel it's worth a shot. I can tell Ya the ones I got are very athletic and ruff with lots of drive. Pretty hard mouths to. More so with the little gator cross but I think that's more passed down through that blood. The other ones are a El-Negro Male and a Ceaser Female. That's all I have currently and all around the same age give or take a little. But any way, appreciate the response.

10. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

I've got a young male bred down from a Tatonka male on his bottom side that I know absolutely nothing about. He was a gift from a good friend.

My dog's mother is out of a brother to this male......

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=387225

The dog's name is Maximus Warrior)....bred to some old blood down from the Bull/Josie dogs. I like the way that the ped is put together on the Tatonka dog....but like I said before, I know nothing about the actual dog.

11. OsageDogman2014

OsageDogman2014 Big Dog

The post above should read.....

The dogs name is Tatonka's Shadow.....not Maximus Warrior.

12. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [165349] :: SANDYCREEK RASCAL
    The nicest bred Tatonka dog Ive seen, but in the last seven years I have not heard of one titled Tatonka dog???
    But the late Roger Leblanc and Mr. Mims name seaks for themselves...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [165349] :: SANDYCREEK RASCAL
    I would prefer the Javaline dogs over anyother Sorrels bred bulldogs due the consistancey...

13. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I would imagine that most of Joanies dogs go to pet homes and anybody that's doggin already got working stock or know where to go to fill their needs.I dont think many that were in the life style would go to public kennels..Although their is some open to the public that puts out good dogs.But hey their is a pretty popular GC right now who's ped is full of public kennels lol.

15. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

How does the military view ppl with bowlegs ?

16. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

I guess someone needs to do it. Everyone always says "Colby peddled" - but what would we have if he did not ??
    demand is a factor in some cases, but not others.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lol well Colby isn't the first and never be the last.

18. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

He was called a peddler because he sold to the public - so are you saying that folks that do, are peddlers??, or
    .. the trend will never die?

Colby lines have been through a lot more of our countries history than some new popular lines, as you have said - and still going strong. So being the last peddler is yet to be determined in this case???....lol...or are we saying families that cary on tradidion are peddlers??
    heck i dont know - but one thing seems to be key - the word sell/sale

19. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Couldn't have said it better.
    Agree 100% with you.

20. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

They view them the same as those with strait legs.
    I'm retired from the Military & knew quite a few with them who served along side me.