1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dogs from Tatonka kennel (sorrell blood)

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by izack87, Sep 17, 2008.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Can we see any peds of the dogs mentioned in the last few sentences?

2. c_note

c_note CH Dog

That I can't agree with.... Bowed legs isn't a handicap. I'm sure all the bow legged track stars, Olympic athletes, NFL, NBA, MLS, and MLB players would beg to differ. Then there are all the bow legged performance dogs gettin it done. I can agree on an EXTREME case, but not just "bowed legs." Never stopped me from running or DUNKING (younger days before torn Achilles).... At 5'8

3. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

Let's not confuse condition/conditioned with comformation. Baby Nelson doesn't have 2 left feet or one arm/leg shorter than the othe lmao

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I was thinking similar, deformities aren't the same as bad confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I think what many may confuse is extremely terrible build and even certain deformities with a less than superbly athletic built dog. Many dogs win with average builds or even awry of so-called great conformation all the time. Often, when some speak of the advantages of a dog's build, they don't consider that a dog of average build isn't at a disadvantage because there are so, so many other aspects of what it takes to win besides great conformation and athletic build. In fact, that body beautiful is probably dead last on the list of things helping a dog win. EVERYTHING ELSE would have to be COMPLETELY EQUAL for it to even have a chance to be involved in an outcome.

Another thing to consider (again, with the exception of deformities), is that not all dogs are going to be competition dogs. A normally built game dog is just as (or even more) important on your yard as a dog with competition tools including that super athletic build.

So, 1. A less than perfect (in your opinion) conformation, and a dog built to a terrible disadvantage or deformity, are not the same. Such theorizing can definitely cause you some miscalculations in the competition department. 2. Anyone who thinks the only valuable dog is a competition dog doesn't understand true dog value as to ongoing success with the dogs. Again, barring deformities. Many less than beautifully conformed dogs throughout history will show you this. So, XLR8 is probably the most correct in what he said to this point, as is what Cage said.

There are other breeds of dogs with more athletic conformation than the normally built bulldog. But they cannot best one because the difference maker is INSIDE, not outside.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  6. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Treez, Not really interested in posting my peds on here to hear about how my dogs are not Bulldogs but everyone else's dogs on here are nothing but Bad a$$es.

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

glory it's not that your dogs are whatever . it's you claiming things that just don't sound right . i bet you do have some nice peds even i would like to see them . the best thing is to only talk about what you really know and read what you can . most people haven't even seen a true game dog so they can't really understand it . and even fewer have seen a deep game 1 .

8. CHAMP

CHAMP Big Dog

[​IMG]

Sent from my microwave using Tapatalk

9. treezpitz

How can a ped say if it's a bulldog or not? Just curious how these animals are bred.

10. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Well buddy, that's all fine and dandy. Im not sure what I've claimed that doesn't sound right though. I haven't claimed anything on here but ownership of a dog and offered advice or opinions on what's worked for me.

11. treezpitz

LOL, that's fine man. I didn't say anything about what you just said. LOL

12. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Treez, there's a ped that was posted of a dog I own on here. You was on that thread. You jumped on the bandwagon with a couple other fellas bashing me and the dog. If you want to know what I run, just look at the ped that was posted. At 2.5yrs old I was told it's impossible for that particular dog to be a "good one" or a "bulldog" by people who never laid eyes on him. You were one of them. Remember? You kept calling me Kimo615 and something else. Can't quite remember.

13. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Every thread I comment on turns into a pissing contest that has nothing to do with the thread title. I end up having to defend or explain myself, my logic or my dogs. Like 8th grade kids, my dogs better than your dog and your advice sucks and you know nothing. I just wanna talk dogs man.

14. treezpitz

G4G, I remember all too well. I multi quoted your comment from just a little bit ago that maybe you forgot about. You made a comment referring to past animals that you have bred. I was curious to see those pedigrees, if you didn't mind sharing. It seems you do so no biggie. Yes, I remember very well.

15. treezpitz

LOL I haven't made one single comment about my dogs on any thread. Or have I down talked your dog. I don't know him.

LMAO!! You want to talk about the thread veering? You commented well before I did and your comment had NOTHING to do with Tatonka or sorrells LOL.

16. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Yea man, not posting peds for your amusement. No Bulldogs here, just flashy pedigrees.

17. treezpitz

lol......ok

18. old goat

old goat CH Dog

first glory i'm not your buddy so sorry about that . and you should respect someone who is just trying to help you a little . my brother from another mother Ragedog said you wasn't such a bad you just need to listen a little more . but you know he's just my brother from another mother so he could be fooling me . you have claimed you have produced winner oh yes you sure did . so i just would like to see how you bred your hounds to do that . i can look at the 2 1/2 year old and i'm not going to know how the winners you bred were bred he's to young . what most people know and will tell you that at 2 1/2 years old you don't know if he's worth breeding yet . you can do it but most people want to see 4-5 years on the dog to see if he's still around . that is what you do unless you have plenty of money and time to waste . so if you would like to show the breedings you made you can i would like to see how you did it . you usually have to keep all or most of the litter to see how it looks . i can tell you that you can breed some dogs but it's not going to mean even 1 will turn out . it's hard to get good numbers even if you've been doing it along time . sometimes your doing great and other you back to square 1 .

19. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

I know a dog that was born cripple in the rear but made CH. To bad he was confiscated a few years back.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

G4, I don't think or see anyone asking anything but for you to share what you are talking about. We do that on here often. People share what they do even if no one else gives a shit. It's just the nature of the board.

I don't care about papers. I do care about results and knowing how they were made. I'm not gonna send anyone good money so they can send me back something I ALREADY KNOW. LOL
    I wouldn't take afront to someone asking such a question. Never have. If I don't want to post it, I just won't, but when good folks ask, I just usually will. It can be done in pm, also, ya know.

When folks begin to learn, as they seem to be learning, that it isn't a pedigree but an example of who bred the dog and why, then they become interested as to the inter workings of what we may have done. Nothing more to it than that.

I think that your assuming these guys are asking for the sake of their own amusement just may be a little accusatory. I'm sure, knowing who's asking that it's not their reasons.