1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog will for bigger KNLS.

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by The Watcher, Feb 2, 2007.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

ok, so as I was reading OldTimers introductory thread and thinking of the recent death of Tex, I discovered that it was very important for me to make a dog will. considering that we have a yard of 25+ and it takes fulltime effort from me and my family of 4 to maintain these animals.. what would happen if I leave?
    surely in the spur of the moment of a sudden death decisions might be forced. I desided it was very important for me to make a dog will. meaning, each dog (s) on my yard will have a precommitted adoptive owner should I go D.G. ;)
    lol, im designating the Jeep dogs for the Boyles' fans, the Boyles' fans get the RBJ stuff. you know mix them up in efforts to still diversify the breeders even when Im gone. the process will be selection of individuals and then contact info should the time come.
    taking applications. if you like a certain dog on my yard and would like the opportunity to feed it if the lord calls me, holla at me.

something for you guys/gals to think about while you scrub that green stuff out your buckets.

RIP tex. your death was not in vain.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  2. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Really good idea. Its even something that people who just have one dog should think about in the event they meet with a bad accident or something of that sort.

The Watcher likes this.
  3. Attila

Attila Guest

50 that is a very wise choice. A topic that is overlooked but very important indeed.

I have a cousin from each side of my family that are to take over in the event I pass. They are both about 20 years younger than me. I like your idea though. That way the dogs get spread out and no one person gets the brunt of taking on a whole yard at once.

Dave had a will. And it did specify what was to happen when he passed.

One thing I would point out is have some one cock sure enough to enforce that will. I have a cousin that is like a younger me in charge of that part. The other is a younger his dad but is a smart kid. I just don't think his balls are big enough when it comes to business matters not to be pushed around by others if need be. Namely a greedy half sibling and his mother. My bio mother.

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Very good idea 50, it makes total sense to do something like this. Thanks for the post, need to sit and have a talk with the hubby about this.

5. CB

CB CH Dog

Hey 50 you can always keep me in mind man. You know ill do the dog right.

The Watcher likes this.
  6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I've already done the same thing. I've got a written "will" stating to whom my dogs will go to in the event of my death or if I'm disabled to the point I cannot take care of them.

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

that is a brillant idea.

8. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Not only do I have specific instructions for the care of my dogs should I die or become disabled, I have a life insurance policy that the dogs are the beneficiary of and a trusted lawyer who will set up a trust to see that the dogs are cared for for the rest of their lives.