1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

..dog..peddler...????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BLUE8BULL, Jan 7, 2015.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..WHAT is a peddler...????..it's not so much breeding+selling pups....it's more on how they breed+who they sell to...???????????...opinions on..

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

A peddler to me has 3 signs thats what they are:

1. Sells to anyone with the cash and never keeps anything themselves from the breedings they do.

2. Uses words like 120x Jeep or 50x bolio. In their adds to sell all those pups.

3. Breeds young dogs together, like a 18 month olds bred to a 10 month old then will turn around and proceed to tell someone how good their dog is when in reality its never even seen another set of enamal before yet somehow has become the next best thing out there.

Frankly, people who dont really give 2 shits about these dogs that just want to make a buck off their backs are in my opinion peddlers.

Lmao, I guess another one could be if you advertise on pedsonline every month how your getting out and all dogs are for sale monthly, yard sales monthly, your probally a peddler. :lol:

3. keystone

keystone CH Dog

the defination of a peddler is you hahahah

its somebody that put the pups down from other people ..because he want to sel his own pups .

4. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..was thinking off you key when putting up this ..thread...of some-one who also sells un-tested....lol..

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Lmao, I guess another one could be if you advertise on pedsonline every month how your getting out and all dogs are for sale monthly, yard sales monthly, your probally a peddler.
    :lol:
    lol

6. Eagle

Eagle Big Dog

IMO a peddler is one who sells dogs only for profit, without regard to quality. There are two basic types: those with blood that is well known, who sell using the name, and low-level back yard breeders who breed anything and attach the pit bull label.

A peddler will sell to anyone, and has no standard set on who they will sell to. All they care about is the green.

You have those with well known names, charging high prices to the names, then you have the low level punks who sell to whoever for lowest prices, who basically puppy mill since they are too lazy to get a job and pay their bills.

These days, it seems everyone but the breeder one gets their pups from is a peddler to everyone.

In the end, a peddler is one who, when the bills are piling up, they have a litter with known problems, but sell them anyway.

That is why one shouldn't buy dogs from a person who sells for a living. They put their personal needs/wants before the quality of dogs they produce, and sell it all.

I'm making it a rule, due to past experience, never to sell a pup again to anyone without a steady and stable income. Those were only buyers I ever regretted selling to.

Then again, in my life I have sold only ten pups.

Yet I have been called a peddler. Because I have OFRN dogs, I am supposedly a color breeder (which I don't even consider myself). Even though red + red will always = red. Go figure, lol.

7. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

For me & those I dealt with over the years the term Peddler was a small few things.
    1. Selling dogs to who ever has a dollar. Not every with that wants one should have one.
    2. Breeding just for the intentions of sale. I bred over 90 litters but always kept 90% of everything. You check harder, you cull harder but you "ONLY BREED TO IMPROVE OR MAINTAIN WHAT YOU FEED".
    Some times you farm out dogs rather than sell to maintain a back up plan in case things don't out but not sell every 90-100% of the litter.
    3. And one BIG THING THAT MAKES ONE A PEDDLER NO MATTER WHAT. Selling dogs based on others merit. If you breed & sale dogs based on a person you never met & dogs you never seen, then all of you talk is nothing more than a sales pitch. But if you have worked each dog & selling dogs based on your work then you are just letting go of your stock.
    Nothing is wrong in breeding & letting go of what you have worked on but something's wrong is with buying 2 Patrick dogs & selling them with no time with them & the convo is about what Patrick did.
    Cut out the middle man & just see Patrick directly.
    "MOST DID NOT OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERRENCE BETWEEN BREEDER & PEDDLER THESE DAYS BECAUSE THERE ARE LESS FAMILY BREEDERS LEFT AS THERE WAS 20 YRS AGO".
    Over the decades People bought dogs from family breeders & when & relied on them to maintain the family while they experimented with dogs from the breeders.
    A true dog man breeds his family of dogs because each dog is based on his eyes & work. Not hearsay & rumors . A family breeder Knows the truth of each dogs merits from 1st hand experience.
    But in my opinion too many REAL Peddlers, purchased dogs from actual breeders , Used the term peddler to steer others from those breeders to get the money. Why buy from him when I can sell you the same thing cheaper type of attitude, even though he never even seen a single dog in the pedigree.
    "WHAT WAS COMMON SINCE IS SURELY NOT COMMON ANYMORE".
    Family breeders are what have been the back bone of the breed of dog. Period.
    Peddlers are those you are only around for a short time selling other dog mens years of work.

8. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Self test to see how much peddler you have in you s simple.
    Did you keep Most or all of the litter or did you sell most or all of the litter?
    Check yourself before you call others peddlers. That's what I always say.

9. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

And most important.
    Are you selling dogs and talking about what you did or others?

10. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

good info from all that arte taking time - damn yall can type..

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Well said, Eagle. BTW, I believe people should be more critical of what they breed themselves instead of judging the dogs of others, especially when they don't know a damned thing about them.

Good post, also, AGK. Good rundown.

Okay. While I believe "peddler" to be a bit of a catch phrase (used loosely without regard to fact or circumstances), I do find one who places cash above the well being of his own commodity (dogs), to be a form of douche bag. Label it any way ya want. Some folks are just without scruples and this is where the term unscrupulous comes from, and applies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  12. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

BTW, good post, Ziggy. Maybe your best, and with the best clarity, IMO.

13. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

You internet doggers trip me out with this, "peddler" stuff. What is a grown man doing worring about what another grown man does with his animals. That is a female trait to be concerned about another mans personal business. I can give two s$@#'s about y'all's feelings. Grow up get a l life quit worrying about the next man and improve your own stock. Im out!!!

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That is probally the best post ever. Lol hard to argue with that. :lol:

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....forgot your the real thing..^^^^....breed shit and sell...ya must be a pal of choke-on-chicken.....in ways i can under-stand a big kennel selling some dogs,,ie; to help maybe start somebody/etc...it's the people that sell to anybody and breed any two dogs ...are really the peddlers...as all-ready said......

16. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....lol.maybe we hit home with one poster above and he don't like it...????

17. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Well, ATexan is basically right. We do mind much more business than our own, all too often. Thing is, the call for nomenclatures is a bit overblown on most dog boards. Sometimes someone just tries to answer a question without actually "worrying" about what someone else does. Down and dirty, though, he is right in most instances.

18. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

high classed whore your local street whore what does it matter still wrong

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol neither of those are really wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I doubt any one here is worried about what another person does with there animals but when your on a public forum then its open to discussion when a topic like this one presents itself. Speaking of internet doggers what makes you any different then us since your posting on here too? LMAO It seems your the one that is worried since you just had to make a reply to this post and scold other grown men on here like we are one of your kids LMAO.