1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog on Dog Aggression-can you breed it out and still have game?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by )-(aloX)-(orns, Mar 15, 2011.

1. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Thats for real. You might luck up and find a cold dog, but there is no assurance that even he won't turn on when he is 5 or 6 yrs old.

2. nobody

nobody Banned

You can't breed a gamedog with out having a certain amount of DA.
    Gamedogs should always have the will and desire to dominate the other dog.
    A gamedog can how ever get along with other dogs but that depends on the animal's inteligence.
    The smart dog know's when an other animal bring's no harm to them and so long the other dog is submissive they can get along, jmo.

3. I guess alot of y'all dnt hunt hogs but I know I have seen game bred pits hunt hogs an will not jump on another dog unless that dog jumps on them , they are taught from pups that they are not aloud to fight dogs pits are smart dogs so all you have to do is redirect they instinct to grab dog to grabing hogs , real easy an if any one things dogs that hunt hogs anit game your crazy

4. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

yeah, you can have game without aggression. i've read so many stories of past champion dogs that lived peaceably with the other animals in the house. but they knew when it was time to work.

i have a dog myself that's usually fine with other dogs UNLESS they try to be dominant or pick a fight. then he's all fired up and ready to go. just because a dog doesn't go looking for a fight, doesn't mean he wont fight, win, and enjoy it the whole time.

i think the dogs like this are smarter than the crazy super dog aggressive ones. they use their head to think about things before they do them. or at least, that's how it seems to me. IMO

but all that said, don't go and get an APBT hoping that it will be one of those few. and even if it is, all it takes is one wrong move by the other animal and it's bad news.

5. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Aggression is a natural instinct, all animals have it to some degree.

Aggression and Gameness are two different traits.

Aggression can be lessen to some degree through selective breeding practices but it CANT be completely bred out.

No matter how nice and calm a animal may seem to be they are still ANIMALS capable of great aggression and violence.

6. tapiajr

tapiajr Banned

the gameness of a apbt cant be breedout becuz it is in here wild side every dog has a wild side 2 them, but also people dont breed 4 the right temperment they will breed for on (color,size...ect.) just 4 looks

7. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

ben is right know what they are breed to do then get one if u like it.

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

what is the purpose of this thread anyway? you dont like DA find another breed. you wanna game dog, stick with apbts.

9. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

Good point! Alot of people who have these dogs and don't hunt with them are missing a really good time with their dogs. The only thing a good bulldog is gonna do when he sees another dog show up is latch on harder to that hog. It might take some training, but I've seen cur dogs cause way more problems on a hunt than the average Pit Bull. I don't know if hog dogs are game in the same sense as a pit dog but there's no denying their courage and grit.

10. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

People!

You all have missed!

Gameness is just the trait of never quitting once in a fight!

Even if you breed for it constantly, you would end up at an higher percentage of game dogs but not all offspring (most) would show this trait (to a deep or deadgame level)!

In fact I believe you can make any living dog stop, it just depend on the day and the circumstances!

But gameness has nothing to do with acting overly aggressive toward other dogs!

The way the dog is showing unnecessary aggressivenes toward other dogs is basically linked on how he´s raised, trained and kept!

These things (gameness / unneccessary aggressive behavior) don´t have nothing to do with each other!

See Bulldogs are somewhat harder and more likely to be fired up quickly when it comes to an fight but that is not to compare to the way he acts if he is used to other dogs, used to your regulation within reaction on other dogs and training!

See my Bulldog is from proven and game lines, she is Obedience and Schutzhund trained and a real hard hitting one!
    Under command she´s absolutely neutral to other dogs and gets along with my other dogs aswell. But heaven help the dog that seriously challenges her, she would destroy him immediately!

Yet she is smart enough to differ bluffers form challengers that will put it on seriously!

This is because she is raised and handled that way!

See for example Attilas Gr. CH. Dendy, a true ACE in the Pit gets along with his Rottweiler friends and never starts trouble outside of the box, but if he is at work, he is almost unbeatable!

So it really works to raise a game bred dog to get along with dogs he´s used to, it just depends on how you managing the special traits of a gamebred dog, are absolutely in control of your pack and clearly making the point that you are the one that settle conflicts within your dogs!

You need knowledge about behavior to do this properly and also avoid some mistakes that are often made by people that aren´t that much into canine behavior!

Dogs are genetically pack oriented, naturally they have to team up or die!
    It all depends of who is the one (best it would be you) that clearly is leading the team!

Dogs getting into trouble mostly because of resources (Owner/Food/Sexual partners/toys/territory and the such), but all resources are mine and I give the resources to my dogs and I am the one who is setting the rules!!!!!

I can sincerely state that I am in total control of my dog, he isn´t even allowed to sniff or soil without my permission during a walk, I send him there!
    I am giving the orders and I tell my dog when to react or ignore certain situations!

If I tell my dog for example to sit and stay there could be WW III be staged in front of him, he knows he has to follow my command, no exceptions to the rules I give him!

See right now I do also own a Border Collie Cross, a American Pit Bullterrier and a Bullterrier they are all females, the Border Collie and the Bullterrier where given to me and have been told to be not good with other dogs aswell as the Border Collie did bite twice, right now, they are quite well mannered, get along good and are rock solid and reliable and that´s just because they have strict rules and under my command!

It wasn´t much work to combine them and control them it´s just a matter of strict habbits!

My command is like their bible and how many people a consequent enough to handle it this way??????

11. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

Please spay and neuter your animals!

12. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

?????????

Why should we?

Concerning me, I just told the way someone serious can handle any kind of dog?

Concerning breeding and gameness or other working traits, you can breed to a certain goal, if you are honest and objective about the quality of the dogs you are breeding you might have some good results but even if you have a good all arround quality you still have offspring that fails.

13. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

SAMPSON I agree with you :D:D :partyguy:

Here is the hieroglyphics version of what SAMPSON MEANS, so you can get a better understanding.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZK1ws9xL2s[/ame]

REMIX VERSION!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMJr5KiiT70&feature=related[/ame]

This little guy did not need to be the AGRESSOR to be GAMER!!!:partyguy:

14. Elmo

Elmo Big Dog

I've read they expelled the fat kid?

15. venom

venom Top Dog

You were talking about training, that your dog is trained how to act around other animals. That has nothing to do with the traits embedded in your dogs dna. Training dogs to go against their natural instinct isn't new... and breeding that animal isnt going to reproduce trained behavior lol

16. jacko

jacko CH Dog

who wears the collar in your house ? lol:)

17. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

dang to that bully video

That lil mofo was bad at first lol

Till he got his oil checked,

Then its are you alright are you ok?

Thanks that woke me up with a laugh

18. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

punk liked to bounce around like he was something but his hands were down the whole time.
    hes lucky that kid didnt just knock some teeth out instead of the body slam

20. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

:eek4: ............................. :protestsign:....................:threadjacked: