1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog-Killer Mike Vick Signs with the Jets. Was HSUS His Reference?

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by HumaneWatch, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The only ones crying about it are the pop tarts who feel he should be tortured or beat the death himself because they value animals over human lives. Any kid who looks up to mike vick should be smacked anyways..... :lol:

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

exactly!!!!!!!

3. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

My children are not the topic here...lets not compare ending the life of an animal to ending the life of ones child or children. The logic that goes intocthat sort of comparison if you could even call it logic is completely and totally irrational. You're putting dogs on a plateau that they're never intended to be on..I'm sensing a certain ar vibes in your argument, lol.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

4. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

!!Applause!!

5. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

You and I both know that kids look up to celebrities, sports figures, etc. They want to "be just like them" when they grow up. Kids want to dress up for Halloween and "be" their favorite sports figure, etc. These types of figures do play a role in kids lives. Do they play as important a role as the parent, absolutely not, but nonetheless, they play a role.

And with all due respect, you don't know what I am privy to and what I am not privy to.

And yes, this particular topic is near and dear to me.

6. Michele

There's no AR vibe in my argument. The only "vibe" in my argument is the passion I have against animal abuse. If you sense something else, that is your problem, not mine

7. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

No it's not your problem...not mine either, I frankly couldn't care less if you are or are not an animal rights group leader. Your problem is more deeply rooted and quite honestly self destructive than that..the lack of forgiveness and compassion toward another human being..it's the breeding ground for contempt, hatred, self righteousness and all other things unsavory.

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

You apparently don't read very well, Michele. Did you miss the part where I stated that wrong doings teach just as well as good deeds? Did you miss the part where I stated that it's what a parent's job is? To help a child discern the differences and create his or her values in the right way? Better keep the news off the tv and your kids away from the newspaper, Michele, if you think they both will have more impact on your children than you're able to have on them by teaching them the differences.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  9. Michele

I'm sure they do but don't count on me leaving here anytime soon. I'm not a cur. I know more than you think I do about this breed and will defend it forever.

Yea, is sure does amaze me too......

10. treezpitz

Great points peon and TDK!!

11. Michele

I read very well, thank you. The parent role is the most important role. All I am saying is that kids look up to these celebrity types and in some way, they also play a role.

12. Michele

I have no problem forgiving someone that has remorse. I also have a lot of compassion.

13. treezpitz

What in the h*** does that have to do with not forgiving the dam man for making a mistake, which I'm sure you make plenty in one day.

14. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Doesn't matter if they are remourseful or not...its not like your unforgiveness affects anyone but you anyway, and honestly I really don't care if you forgive or not it makes no difference in my life...just think it's interesting that you put animals "rights" above a human being.

15. Michele

Actually, I don't. Humans always come first. but I won't tolerate animal abuse. That is the problem I am having with this particular topic.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Michele, do you honestly think you're unique in not liking and having a strong distaste for the abuse, negligence and cruel treatment of dogs? Not very realistic.

17. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

8 pages of bullshit. Time served, case closed, wtf did Mike Vick do to you? He made some VERY poor decisions as humans do. Glad I have learned/moved on from my own poor decisions. Let the man move on, as you should also.

I could give 2 shits about MV, but everyone has made bad choices at one time. Some more than others.

18. Michele

I agree with you. I don't give it any thought until I see a thread somewhere about it. Then I tend to get a bit passionate.

19. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

I think we can all agree that it was unjust to torture these defenseless animals. Unfortunately from the beginning of time these acts have taken place, usually towards other human beings. Nothing will stop senseless killings. My best friend was murdered at the early age of 18, his family forgave the killers.

I'm not saying I could do the same if my sons life was taken, but just think about how it eased their minds as to not hold unto that grudge and hateful thoughts...

20. Michele

I'm sorry about your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.