1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog-Killer Mike Vick Signs with the Jets. Was HSUS His Reference?

Discussion in 'Dog Blogs' started by HumaneWatch, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Not a pit bull but I've had plenty of offers from reputable people. I cannot have one where I live. I still have my chihuahua.

2. Michele

keep on thuggin....LOL

3. Michele

This is the property where Vick was looking to reside. The community ran him out:

vick.jpg

4. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

First, I worked in a slaughter house in my teens. I've seen many an animal put down in many a way. It wasn't pretty. I can also butcher just about any animal with about any tool you can hand me. So, yep, I've seen a few things in my life, so I'll tell you about, and some I won't.

Death by electrocution is not humane. Look it up. You're conscious almost the whole time...you know, while your blood boils in your veins, while your eyes pop out of your sockets. Ask any electrician who's had a good shock how humane it is.

Hanging by suffocation is what it is..done right or wrong, it's still a shitty, painful way to die.

And there was one match dog I referred to that had ALL 42 TEETH MISSING! Not one, not five, not ten. ALL 42. Sure, that was an accident.(Oh and he thought it was fun to put family pets in the pit, too!) I'm fully aware of the emaciated dog stories when there's a bust...

off to work....

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Invented in 1890, more than 1,000 persons have been executed in what some people call "The Hot Seat." It is a heavy wooden chair in which the person to be executed is strapped. Ideally, an execution can take place in about three minutes. The prisoner may go quietly or may fight to keep from being strapped in. A tight mask goes over the face especially about the eyes. (This prevents the eyes from popping out of the head as the current surges through the body.) In an actual execution as the first of three charges are sent, 2,000 volts cause the body to strain against the straps. The hair on the back of the neck stands straight up and the color of the skin is beet red. Since every effort is made to prevent burning the body the second and third jolts are kept to about 1,000 volts.
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-2] The electric chair came into use in 1890 in New York and the first person to die was William Kemmler. A commission on the death penalty that had seen many hanging felt that it was far too long a process. Westinghouse at that time was trying to show how much better their power (AC) was against direct current. Mr. Harold Brown made the first model. When Kemmler was executed no one was sure how much power was used. Kemmler was burned and the autopsy described his flesh as well cooked beef. However, modern science now has fairly well gotten to the right voltage. While it is argued even today that the electric chair is not humane, Dr. Harold Kipp, who witnessed more than 200 executions at Sing Sing, stated that brain death is immediate. What people may see are muscle contractions, not agony[/SIZE][/FONT]

And the proper way to hang something is to let it fall to the end of the rope, snapping the neck and killing instantly..... Yes the suffocating way is not humane but that also is not the proper way to do it either....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

AGK come on bro, you know dogs got more rights than us man

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Thuggin is a rough life .

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Ok so he killed 7 dogs that makes him a thug how? Define thug? Michael Vic paid for his crimes regardless I don't understand why the man is constantly being persecuted for a crime that he did time for. I'm not saying you have to like the man or break bread with him but he's allowed to live his life and move on in the best way he can . Michael Vick was not a dog man he was someone who took interest in a sport that maybe he didn't even fully understand or have the proper mentorship to school him on certain things he surrounded himself with people that were no good most were clueless about dogs. I guess in the end you either like him or you don't I personally don't care about him either way I just feel like he's paid his debt to society and deserves to move on from his past.

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Great post Sadie! I fully agree.

Let he who is without sin throw the first stone...........

So for those who think he didn't get enough punishment for the crimes he was charged with, I would like to know what your sentence for him would have been?

Now everyone watch how fucked up peoples mentalities are if anyone answers that question honestly as to what they think deserves to happen to him for killing a few dogs...... ;)

To me, some peoples way of thinking on here is no different than PETA, HSUS or any other tree humpin nut jobs perspective on things. They very same people most will claim they are against.......

I don't condone what he did at all but he did his time, that our judicial system handed out to him, he lost more money because of his involvement in just one year than everyone who posted on this thread will make in their life times COMBINED. So at what point do those of you that think it wasn't enough for the crime feel he deserved?

10. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Well said Sadie and AGK!

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Agreed!!! 100% at the end of the day it's not about what we think should have happened to him there is a reason why our judicial system is set up the way it is hell if I had my way every child molester would be hung there would be no jail time lol that's why we have the system we have sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't . But Michael Vic did his time he was handed down a sentence that the judge felt was appropriate and now he's trying to recover from his bad choices and live his life hell I can't fault him for that. The man still has a family to provide for that doesn't change no matter what happens to him. His past will always haunt him but I commend him for trying to turn his life around and make the best out of his circumstances. I don't agree with a lot of the crap Vic and his team were doing but I do agree with second chances and letting people move on from their pasts.

12. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good posts, Sadie and AGK. I sense a bit of anthropomorphism in certain posts and it does not, and should not play any part in what is proper and decent. It's a sickness in itself IMO. Fact is, no one likes a cruel and insensate piece of shit. That has no place in even the most hardcore dogger. But Michael Vick's position and situation in these dogs was well alluded to by both Sadie and AGK. He did nothing to deserve such judgements as I see on here, for NOT doing any of the described in a hands on fashion at all.

He was stupid and duped into an investment he had no business being any part of, and as stated, he paid his dues for it, even copping to things he DIDN'T do in order to protect shithead family members. As I stated earlier, it's easy to sling distasteful names and tags on someone when you are going by sketchy information, and have little to no insight into the reality of the situation. That doesn't make it right.

13. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Well said TDK!

14. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

This is getting old, i wish actual dog threads got this much traffic.

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

People still get electrocuted till THIS DAY in certain states so if its legal for humans to die that way how is it INHUMANE for animals????? LOL Thats a double standard two face bold statement you just made. LMAO

Although hanging is no longer acceptable in todays time it was done in the past regularly on HUMANS since they first invented the fucking ROPE LMAOROTF.

Alot of poor people that dont have dental coverage by the time they are 50 can have all there teeth missing so whats your point? LMAO.

Emaciated Dog stories from the media? LOL

16. Michele

He was pretty damn stupid considering that college education he got. And you are absolutely right, he was no dog man. He was someone that was a follower, NOT a leader. Well, too bad for him. Now, he IS labeled and always will be labeled an animal abuser. And to some, a low life THUG.

The problem for me is that he would still be participating in an illegal sport and abusing dogs if he did not get caught. Therefore, in my opinion, he is not sorry and has no remorse.

Boo, fucking hoo...cry me a river. What about all the kids that looked up to him? What about them? He certainly didn't think about them when he was slamming dogs up against walls and pulling out dog's teeth and electrocuting dogs.

17. Michele

People get electrocuted for CRIMES they committed. WHAT crimes did these dogs do?

Are you kidding me with this!!!!

18. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

So we have compassion for dogs but people can burn in hell before we show them the same compassion or any forgiveness?....

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

19. Michele

Are you going to show compassion if someone murders your child?

I do have compassion for humans too but not when they have no remorse. Not when their only regret is getting caught.

20. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I wasn't raised by an NFL player. I was raised by my parents. A kid can love sports........any and all sports, and not forsake their upbringing in favor of some athlete's gigs off the field. You seem to imply that what an athlete does takes priority of what parents teach and instill. How realistic is that? There are millions of dastardly deeds enacted all over the world, every day. Are they done by potential role models or just wrong doers, and does not parents' guidance remain the implement of rearing children over a world full of wrong doers? Is that not part of a parent's job? Let's be real when implying something as foolish as to say what you're assuming Vick did is a big part of what a child learns growing up, instead of learning NOT to do certain things. Bad examples teach just as well as good ones.

Again, you make references to things without being much privy to the truths of the matter. This is faulty. It lacks credence. Your assumptions carry more emoting than any facts. I couldn't give the quickest shit if you like Vick or not. But to rail on when your facts are vague and accusatory of certain spewed presumptions, is errant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.