1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog just breed-female is bleeding is this norm???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by kansasnova, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

If everyone would read thoroughly, the OP stated that the bitch in question was going to be bred this heat ANYway, for her personal reasons, therefore, the pups off this bitch were NOT going to be 'unwanted' like people keep saying. She even stated how she like the idea/concept of the pairing that ended up happening, she just wouldn't have done it intentionally due to the size difference. Yes yes everyone is entitled to their opinions, but damn, read thoroughly before spewing out conclusions. And above the poster referred to the potential offspring as 'curs,' I'll state my opinion as everyone else has, who is anyone on here to call anyone else's animals 'curs?' Especially when the majority of people on here most likely don't even work their damn dogs! I show/pull/hunt mine, I know that much, and I still don't get on here calling strangers' stock 'curs.' Let's be real here. Just because someone has an accidental breeding that I don't condone, doesn't give me the right to go to calling their animals 'curs.' I don't know this person from Adam, I have not a clue what they do with their dogs or what their dogs are about other than going off of what the poster puts up here.

I was babying no one, just stating my view. I'm no "experienced breeder", as I may breed a bitch only to replace stock as I need it, but I have worked in the veterinary medical field for a solid 15 years, so I do know a little bit about something. The woman posted originally asking if anyone here thought her bitch may have sustained an injury due to the size difference, I didn't see where she was "whining" or "crying" about it.

Oh and don't get it twisted, I NEVER get "angry" or whatnot over anyones posts on the internet. As a matter of fact, I find it quite entertaining and amusing to read the threads here. :)

2. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

Cajuncountry I called my own personal yard curs. Not the op. All of mine are curs. Sorry if you misunderstood

3. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

My mistake! Thank you for clarifying!

4. thank you and it has nothing to do with being a cur or not a cur its bettering the breed in the public eye for me these days

5. no marty didnt breed any of my bloodline where is marty these days??? MARTY WHERE ARE YOU???...lol no for real where is the man i saw he got banned wth miss talking to the dude.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

CCK9 I read through her posts and to me it seemed very scattered she had this bitch ready to be bred to another dog and then her other male get's to her before the one she planned could. IMO and this is just how I feel if you have had dog's long enough and have been breeding long enough you at least know when your bitch goes into heat she needs to be kept away far away from the other males. This girl said both dog's broke loose from their crates ok fine she get's a strike it was an accident but then she comes online asking complete strangers what she should do about it? Her story just seemed far fetched and most of the time people like that shouldn't be breeding that's JMO she could be the best dog woman in the world but her story makes her seem otherwise fishy. Then she says she has service dogs ok fine I only pointed out that having a service dog doesn't really mean much because any dog can get registered as one that was not trying to discredit her animal as a service dog I was only pointing out that it's not something that a dog would truly have to work for like a show title. You really only have to pay a company money to register your dog as a service animal I am sure you know better than I that just because a dog performs a duty or task well does not make that dog a quality dog that's worth breeding. I don't know her dogs so I can't say but just how everything happened it just seemed wrong to me. I asked if she has pedigree's on her animals or at least knew how they were bred to make sure if she did decide to let her dog go through with the pregnancy at least she had an idea of what she was breeding I don't believe in breeding mutt's even if you have hand written pedigree's you should know what your breeding and have some clue about genetics.

Now to be fair you did assume I hadn't owned bulldogs at first I don't know you at least I don't think I do unless you go under another name somewhere else on here than you told me my dogs were only decently bred which is fine that's your opinion I don't ever remember showing you a pedigree. Do you even know the dog men who bred my dogs? And what the parents and their accomplishments are? I don't have dog's who didn't come of working parents. Aside from AVA because to my knowledge she was never worked and her parents were only ADBA pointed. But my other dog's come right off working parents and they come from a very good yard and proven stock. You took my post and flipped it into something totally different I was not attacking this member I try for the most part to be nice on this forum. I see people who get ripped apart for asking simple questions. One thing I get a little pissy about is back yard breeder's because it affects all of us in the end. I have always felt like if you can't contain your animals than alter them that's just my POV I was not shoving it down her throat I was simply telling her what I felt was the right thing to do based on her situation and the male being a lot larger than the female.

Somehow by me trying to help this person even if it wasn't what she wanted to hear as usual my dog's get thrown into the conversation and my breed experience get's tossed around. I don't have to be a veteran in the game to give someone advice if it's good advice and it's coming from good sources. What I do with my dog's is my business I never acted like I am some big shot dog woman matching dogs LOL. I don't care about any of that shit I love my hounds and I do right by them. I never once questioned you about your breed experience or questioned your dog's merits I never even asked you because it doesn't matter to me. I was only adding to the thread like everyone else I don't know how my dog's even got dragged into this but oh well who cares.... I never insulted the Op's dogs I wouldn't do that but I think people should be more responsible and if they can't contain their animals than they should spay/neuter because it doesn't make sense to have those kind of things happening when our breed is flooded in shelters with less than quality examples of the breed.

Brining my dog's up into this thread and questioning my experience as if I didn't have a right to comment IMO was out of line. I was not giving the OP bad advice may not be the advice you would give but it was just another option and you seemed to drag in things that didn't matter to try and make it a personal attack on me so yes I reacted as anyone would have.

7. heavyhemi

heavyhemi Pup

I understand accidents happen and i hope you do what is best for the dog but low and behold if is in heat and you a have a male the both should have been kenneled to prevent such incidents from accuring perferbably put the male in a seperate location such as the garge or a outside patio

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I agree that is what I do because currently my dog's are crated indoor's but when my bitch goes into heat I move her crate to another part of the house and make sure to lock the door to the room her crate is in. My male is also crated in another room that door is also securely locked.

You can also chlorophyll your bitch to help ward off the scent that attracts an intact male during a bitches season. Also if you have a hannibal lector like I do my male has chewed his way out of 2 different crates you should get an aluminum crate that way there is no way the dog can get loose. They are expensive but worth the money.

http://www.sportingdogpro.com/zinge...edium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed#googlebase

9. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I've known dogs that could chew out from those too. (Through the bars in the door.)

10. So much for getting back to the original topic

11. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

A great healthy dog, or a great dog with a pedigree?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.