1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

dog just breed-female is bleeding is this norm???

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by kansasnova, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :confused:my lil 32lb female was gunna be breed to a smaller male like her but this morn my male broke out of his crate and tied with her. he is about twice her size and i just noticed that she is bleeding a bit is this normal?? i have never had this kinda thing happen any comments welcome thanks so much.:confused:

2. Angel and nova breeding resized.jpg the lil black dog is the female.

3. If she's pregnant you need to get the puppies aborted. Idk if that's normal, but just sayin'.

4. just happened today i dont know if she is or not yet

5. im pretty ticked off about the whole thing i had a great dog lined up to start breeding her with this eve.

6. Why are you breeding them?

7. both of them are registered service dogs and we plan to donate the pups to a local service dog center. both ours are service dogs one for PTSD and Anxiety(female) and the other dog is trained for bipolor for my husbend. the dog we were gunna breed angel to was also a service dog.

8. old goat

old goat CH Dog

if you don't want these pups . you can go to the vet for a shot to stop the bitch from having pups .

9. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Yep. I don't know how long the mis-mate shot works for so I would get it done as soon as you can.

10. no i dont mind the puppies i junt want them to kill angel im wondering if the size dif will hurt her?? it will still be a very good breeding as far as dog to dog and service dogs go. i just had planned to breed her to a dog more her size.

11. old goat

old goat CH Dog

how big is the male ?

12. he is about 60-65 lbs and the female is about 30 lbs there is a pic above i took when they tied this morn

13. he is about 60-65 lbs and the female is about 30 lbs there is a pic above i took when they tied this morn ​

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well your male is fat . so he's got 10 lbs on him so he's littler than you think . she will have a tough time trying to have 8-10 . the only thing is you don't know how wide her birth canel is . some little dog have know problem . i think it's safer for you to ask the vet . i think he will say you better abort them . if you had some littlers under your belt you would be ok . we won't feed her so much so the pups would be smaller . but as soon as they come out their going to get big . and this will cause you to have to rotate them . if your not ready for all this go to the vet . your female is fat to so she littler than you think . weigh her and good luck .

15. i used to breed rotties and pits just been about 4 years or so i used to have rotate my rotties always hudge litters 11-12 pups. my pits from before never had more than 9 and we plan to keep them apart by keeping the male outside and not letting them tie again.

16. i used to be on here alot back in the day but i couldnt even tell you my old id lmao thanks old goat for all the help!!

17. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

If you are fine with her having these pups, then she should be fine. I would just be prepared to have an ultrasound done towards the end of her term so the vet can see how many are in there and placement and all. Be prepared financially JUST IN CASE to have to pay for a c-section. I definately wouldn't let her go over her due date.

18. My advice is to take her and the sire to the vet so he can give you some sort of idea as to what you are looking at and maybe offer a few ideas. I personally think he is too big and that it's too much of a risk, but I'm not a veterinarian. Take them both in and see what he thinks...I wish you the best of luck.

19. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

I've seen a 7lb Boston Terrier whelp a litter of 7 off of a 55lb APBT with no issues (aquantance's accidental breeding obviously). I've seen some quite odd/mis-matched pairings over the years in the veterinary setting. Most likely that bitch will be just fine. As I stated above though, I would be prepared for the chance of having to have a c-section done on her JUST in case she has difficulties. That's a chance you have to decide you are willing to take. Taking them in to the vet now really is not going to do anything but cost you a double exam fee in most cases, for the vet to tell you something similar to what I just told you.

20. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I am not really fond of accidental breedings.. If you have these issues with dog's breaking out of crates and breeding themselves than I would say you need to spay and neuter both your pets. Do you even know how your dogs are bred? I am not trying to be an asshole but I really think you should spay and abort the pups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.