1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog House Question.

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by whiteyransom, Oct 26, 2006.

1. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

I'VE GOT A FRIEND WHO OWES ME A FAVOR AND IS A FRAMER. SO I TOLD HIM TO BUILD ME A NICE DOGHOUSE. HE WAS GONNA USE TIN FOR THE OUTSIDE AND INSULATE THE WALLS AND HAVE THIN PLYWOOD INSIDE. AND WAS GONNA HAVE A REMOVABLE ROOF AND REMOVABLE 6 BY 6" HOLE IN THE SIDES FOR SUMMERTIME. THIS WAS WHAT WE CAME UP WITH...SOME GUY TOLD HIM TODAY THAT WE WERE SRCEWING UP CAUSE IT'D CAUSE HOTSPOTS. ANYBODY THINK THE SAME? OR KNOW DIFFERENT? OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. 440rider

440rider Guest

here's what we use, the removable roof is handy for cleaning. I really like the houses that have a barrel with a wooden box built around it (check out badland kennels). Thinking about chainging up to those.

3. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

i'll check 'em out, thanks. nice house you got there too.

4. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

do you have a link? couldn't find them.

5. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I think it'll be just fine. I have some wood houses, most are the barrels, not because they are better, but because they are cheaper and lighter.

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Just have to say first off, beautiful dog you have in your avatar, sorry I never noticed it before:)

This is a pic of a puppy house my hubby built. He's going to build a heavier duty one soon, we moved farther north, and it gets wickedly cold up here.

[​IMG]

We also use a heat lamp to keep the house warm when they are young. This house even has a window so the pup can watch whats going on yet stay warm inside.:D Lots of play room in this house LOL

Our regular dog houses are of 2x4 construction with regular house insulation in the floor and the walls. It is a 2 room house like 440's.One area for sleeping and an entrance hall to keep the straw dry. I would suggest floor board or plywood for both the inside and the outside. Paint the outside to protect from weather and they will last a long time. I would not suggest tin for the outside. To easy for your dog to peel off and chew on. They will end up hurting their mouths or wearing down their teeth on it. JMO. Oh, and we sit them on a skid to help with keeping them dry.

Did I miss anything LOL, hope this helps;)

7. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

thanks drycreek. good to see ya around. i'll pm ya later.