1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting is illegal my thoughts on the reason

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david63

david63 CH Dog

like i said here in south carolina and georgia horse cutting and team roping barrel racing and bronco riding and bull riding and something going on all the time at the hippodrome and oh yes horse racing big time. i do not see rodeos going anywhere in south carolina or grorgia no time soon or horse racing. brings in a lot of money for the merchants and the economy.

2. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

What I mean ht asa backwards is that they make you catch mature fish that could be spawning the next generation.fish have lots of babies because they have a high mortality rate.pradatores dont usually go after healthy mature animals.only humans do this out of ego.the need for a big trophy.something to brrag about more than food.
    But this is in conflict with natures way of keeping things in balance. Catching fish of spawning size is stupid.they say throw the small ones back but those the one we should be catching cause its more of them than mature fish that's ready to spawn the next generation of fish to catch.

3. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

My original Post was not directed at you lakewood

4. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Well it's a business. They want you to think they are doing well.

But I will tell you from behind the scenes. It is not doing so good at all. Tracks are closing all over the USA. Most are hurting for money. And in some cases racing hounds are being stolen by humaniac "rescue" groups.

5. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

I have rode bull's for over 13years and have been in rodeo all my life some of the sports I do not agree with like calf roping u have a 100 lb calf and some aren't even that big getting jurked around by a 1500lb horse then gets dropped from 3ft in the air to have a man that's more times.than not 130+lb flop down on top of it while the horse drapes it by the neck. that's if the horse don't run it over right after it
    brakes the barrier. As far as the fighting thing goes yes it has to do a lot with money I agree but like now there are a lot of people out there that want these dogs for the wrong reasons, and don't know how to handle our breed look at the jack asses u see running up and down the street with a puppy on a tow Chan and they think that doing something. Or a 14yr kid trying to put a 1year old pit in a keep and the dog is skin and bones but they think that doing something. I do wish there was a way we could do it and it be right but I don't see it. And I fill you on the whole fishing thang I'm from the boot I use to go hunt alagater every year that were no more then 6ft or so from time to time we would see or get a big 1 about 11ft or so but we mostly let them go I asked him y we never keep the big ones he told me "son never b greedy and big alagater make more big alagater but if we kill all the big ones there won't be any left.

6. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Whoever told you that about the gators was right rodeoman.and its logical

7. rodeoman069

rodeoman069 Big Dog

It was my grand dad. But what gets me is our dogs love what they do so much that they will figure out a way to get out of a kennel or jump a fence brake a lock or get out of the Chan to do what they love but animal right see it as cruel and that we expose it to kids. But u can turn on the tv and watch swamp people kill 50yr old garters by shooting it in the head. What chances do a gather have agents a man in a boat with a 12gage hook in its belly and a bullet to the head but that's ok. No that's sucked up. The whole land of the free home of the brave don't mean shift any more it's the land of do what I say give me all your $. Or go to jail, and pay a fine. The biggest thing is that say we are crule to our dogs. Yes some people should not have a game pitbull to me there is a diff. My granddad had some good dogs not a lot just about 3 and he told me u have to treat these dogs better than your wife. If u want these dogs to work for u. If people did that there would be no such thing as a devors. Lol

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Its not a money thing, a government thing or a religion thing. People in this country flat out love their dogs. They don't want them biting each other and getting hurt so it will never be legal. The only places the sport is tolerated are where they have much bigger things to worry about than dogs.

The only reason horses and other livestock are able to be treated the way they are is because they can't fit on most people's couch.

9. elifan

elifan Big Dog

I would have to say this is the best response,very nicely put

10. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

exactly...even if the money was there, the politicians who changed things would lose their job the very next election due to the gp's views on "mans best friend"

11. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

yeah, i dont think the money issue is the main cause. how would they make money off it in all reality. can you imagine a football/baseball stadium packed and all in attendance to watch a match rooster/dog in this country? maybe other countries, but not the USA lol... theyd compare it to the roman times lol. something closer and maybe a bit more imaginable would to have a dog match or cock fight as a pre fight pre under card thing to a major fight boxing/mma. this would be the only way to cap off some real money.... watch the animals then the humans lol....highly doubt that one though. hell has a better chance to freeze over than that in all reality, so what is it? its all about the image of dogs in our country and all developed countries. there is no need for working dogs anymore. we get all our food at the grocery stores, so animals doing the slightest work is deemed cruel. its the image of the house pet that has ruined dogs. call it what you want, but i dont think money has too much to do with the issue. this type of illegal gambling has little to do with money to the government and with all the fur mommies and daddies in the USA and all developed nations they will stop it from ever happening again in the USA

12. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

go onto pitbullchat and take a look lol

13. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Actually I think a dog show could def fill a small arena and make money.I no it could in my area.if it was legal

14. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

notice my words "in all reality"lol....

were lucky to have horse racing and grey hound racing still in this country for the time being. and i dont think a small stadium is real money either. when ever there is deaths in any sporting event the average person wont tolerate that. there is no way to guarantee a dog/rooster wont die after a match even with all the proper care and considering that they can go 1-4 hours with bleeding and crashing, teeth grinding etc...... have your normal everday person try to sit and watch this dog after dog. it would be an all night thing for them. its not 3-4 30-36min fights.... there is a time on scheduled human fights. birds/dogs and especially dogs there isnt.... imagine someone fresh off the streets purchasing a ticket to an event, theyd have picketers rallied all around to stop it(dont you remember UFC before they changed there rules and that was only humans?).. fox news would pick it and back to being illegal. it wont ever be legal and its not because of money, its the times we live in and the laws that govern us.

15. BmSBT

BmSBT Big Dog

its nothing to do with money. its because the overwhelmingly huge majority of people think its fuking disgusting.

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Its unfortunate that the vast majority of those people know nothing about it other than ASPCA propaganda.

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

so true....and theres NO trying to get the folks that have seen all those fuckin commercials to see the other side of the coin.

18. BmSBT

BmSBT Big Dog

oh come on! dog fighting is not for everyone. its not for me and i certainly dont have any ASPCA propaganda getting shoved down my throat. im not even on the same continent. i know exactly what it is and i choose not to get involved in it. most people are the same, take away animal rights activists and it will still be banned, to think otherwise is dilusional.

the majority of people dont want to see animals getting hurt badly. doesnt matter if the animal is bred for it, loves it, eats it, shits it & breathes it everyday of its life. in the eyes of many its just sick.

THAT is the reason its banned almost everywhere. all this talk of money etc is just people trying to justify their own feelings on it.

im here to look at nice dogs, not to tell anyone what to do with them but the justifications for what it is are getting silly. im not out to accuse or point fingers, just calling a spade a spade.

its two dogs ripping into each other and getting hurt. the general public dont want that happening and so its banned.

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

so are you ok with coon hunting? or maybe the use of dogs for hog hunting?
    should that be banned as well, simply because hunting/catch dogs get tore up doing what theyre bred to do?

20. BmSBT

BmSBT Big Dog

my thoughts on the rights or wrongs of dog fighting arent in question here. and ive no wish to discuss it. like i said, im just not into it. thats my choice as much as it is yours to participate if you wish.

im just trying to point out why its illegal. its not money, taxes or pressure from animal groups. it's because the majority of people dont like it or want it. simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.