1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting is illegal my thoughts on the reason

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Countries, traditionally, where no one ever gave a hoot for dog welfare, such as the balkan states, and even now, in carribean countries, have now got humane society organisations set up. How or why, you wonder, did anyone ever think that a humane group was needed in those countries, where animal welfare was low on the list of priorities ???

Maybe these folk aresnt as stupid as we think, and can sense a `money making venture` ( there goes that money word again ) Pull the heart strings, a couple of well paid tv ads, some newspaper adverts, and hey presto, we have a `humane group`PLEASE DONATE ASAP, your humane groups need you hahah.

Ill give u a small example. Here, where i am, i lost a nice little pup some years back, the pup was eventually found, after i contacted the local cop shop who advised me which shelter the pup was in.

Upon making contact, and extrememly grateful, that my pup was alive and secure, i arranged to go collect it, WAIT WAIT shouted the humane bitch down the phone. Its going to cost you 400 to collect it, as we have charges and so and so needs to be paid , basically i pleaded with them at the time, that i had no money, and was out of work, that i will pay them a little each week until i find a job, but to no avail. I lost my pup and never found out ever, where or how he ended up. FUCK YOU humane society, all over the world. You may brainwash the world to your filthy ways, but never me.

2. RRL

RRL Top Dog

That's a good point.I was watching a 60 minutes where they were spending huge amounts of money to protect Tigers in special area in Africa.Now I'm not saying I don't appreciate the Tiger,but all around this special area all kinds of people that are homeless/ starving and these people actually with a straight face are whining about the Tigers.I guess those Africans are like wish I had some fur and a tail.

3. Jim R

Jim R Banned

[​IMG]

so it says on this sign....

4. ivebeen

ivebeen Big Dog

Yup, fuck the hsus, the aspca, the rspca and ALL related orginizations. Fuck them all.

5. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

agreed.
    i agree money is a factor, but, in the sense that was already stated: the larger organizations, i.e. HSUS, ASPCA, PETA and other well-known AR groups, with all THEIR 'funding,' influence and supposed "klout" deem the sport to be cruel. in their opinions the sport is also associated, hence, they ASSume, connected with other forms of bad and/or illegal behavior: drugs, gambling & prositution. they say it leads to animal cruelty, screws up kid's brains, etc. etc....., we've all heard their idiot reasons. HSUS says dog fighting is a "sadistic "contest", so to the general public, it MUST be true. the ASPCA finds matching dogs "repulsive" due to its "brutality". these two organizations think the major reason people get into the sport is due to GREED. clueless to say the least. ....but not to the public and not to LE officials, both who have been brain washed.
    shit, if you got your Visa card from Bank of America, they'll even donate $60 to HSUS=who already has a hundred MILLION dollar budget, and 162 million in assets. HSUS, who is a multi NATIONAL conglomerate and operates in 33 states. seems one hand's washing the other...
    then, the general public gets sucked right into HSUS's and other AR groups hype and rhetoric, others follow suit and then, with the general public, it becomes a pattern. so, that's where and how i think money plays a role in the sport and why it's illegal. no doubt the government would want a chunk of change if it were to ever become legal, but i don't forsee that ever happening. imo, ALL the tree huggers tainted the game. all the way from their "theories" of bait dogs, to their completely close-minded, biased view of the sport. and there's LOTS of them out there. their strength has come from their numbers by those they sucked in, as mentioned and the sport has suffered as a result. shame.

6. Jim R

Jim R Banned

RELIGION

"Spirituality" is a different word for the same thing. it's the word sunshine blowers like to use.

around every corner of our lives there live opportunists with an agenda. their response to tragedies, as morality dictates, is more to satisfying their own needs rather than those of the "affected". in the long run they do more harm to their core belief and start or increase the alienation of the message they hope to present.

if you are not part of organized religion, you can decide for yourself who or what to help, without the cost of the middleman. some of the charities use half or more of the money for running the charity and paying good salaries to the people at the top. some of these charities get huge government subsidies or become "agencies". some even have enough funds left over to lobby congress for even more government subsidies. meanwhile they get to pay their workers very little and get away with it. a very profitable business, and quite a racket. heh

7. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

I agree people used to pick up ..your dog gave his all never stopped you pick up ..but the new guys let it go all the time and loose a good dog not knowing what needs to be added to this hard honest dog to get what is needed to do the job

8. david63

david63 CH Dog

yes LUCKYSTRIKE I agree with you F= them all . But the humane society is getting there ass sued by the federal government Big time.

9. david63

david63 CH Dog

HAY horse racing and dog racing and rodeo are doing very well i do not see horse racing going anywhere or the rodeo going anywhere. Bringing in too much money for the state and county. F= Humane Society and Other group TOO.

10. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I don't know about that. It is looking like they may succeed in banning dog racing and even if they don't, it is not "doing very well" because no young blood is coming into the game because everyone thinks it's cruel. If you go to any pet forum and say how great dog racing is they will tear you a new one and these are the people lobbying for laws to have it stopped. Horse racing will be next whether you believe it or not.

I don't really understand what the question is. Go to your local park and ask the people walking their dogs, "What do you think of people who keep their dogs outside? On chains?" They'll tell you how cruel it is 95 times out of 100. Ask them what they think about dog fighters or maybe be specific and say "What do you think about Michael Vick?" They will say "Dogfighters are scum! FORCING dogs to fight to the DEATH! These people should be killed!" etc. Go to see someone who has a pet dog and where will that dog be? Laying on the couch watching TV with them, most often. Dogs have been elevated to nearly-human status. People think they're weak and frail and can't be DOGS and for the most part they're right because now the dog world is populated with prissy showdogs and pampered pets bred to weak to fight their way out of a paper bag. THAT is why dog fighting is illegal.

11. You need governmental organizations to protect the natural balance of things. Take the sharks in the World's oceans. When the Japanese kill off the top of the food chain predator, what happens then? What happens when the deer herds get to big?

I think the premise is good. I do believe that it sometimes boils down to a Spiritual/Moral issue. The problem is the people that are put in place that try to impose there own ideas. I think that is what we have in place with the topic we are talking about.

12. Actually, horse racing is falling by the wayside. The harness variation is on life support as we speak.

13. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

The prob is people don't respect animals they humanise them.Animals should be respected the same as people but not treated like people.I'm no tree hugger.far from it but wild animals should be protected.the fact is if all people die animals will be just fine.if animals die out people will to.not rocket science.With that being said I do think domesticated animals should be used however the owner sees fit.Its "INHUMANE "to not let them do what they were bred to do.The same as wild animals should be left to live in the wild where they belong.Don't get me started on they asa backwards fishing regulations.

14. Ass backwards fishing regulations? As far as the regulations that I referenced, it is completely ridiculous to allow a certain race to wipe out an eco system to have a high priced dish. Ridiculous. As far as something a little closer to my heart, I do think the striped bass fishery is ass backwards. The fluke and flounder fisheries as well.

15. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

I don't see the religious/spiritual part of it. Most Xtians I know don't give two shits about animals... they say you can be cruel to animals all you want because "GOD" put them here for us. lol Hey I may not be religious but I wish the government would go with that idea and stop over-regulating!

16. It is a double standard to see how we treat live stock, veal and other animals that we deem as food worthy. The religious aspect goes along with not "forcing" as the humanitics would have you believe, fight to the death. In there bible thumping tirades, this would be a sin against god's creatures. As far as a moral or societal evil, you notice they always make mention of the guns, drugs and other illegal activities obtained at a raid. That is supposed to show society that they are ridding the bad element or morally not accepted elements from the street.

17. david63

david63 CH Dog

HEY i was down in florida last year watching the dogs race. seems to be doing pretty good to me . HEY here in south carolina rodeos and horse racing is big business like golf is to augusta georgia the masters.

18. In Nj, the Mecca of harness racing, if slots don't infuse the industry, you will not see the Meadowlands survive. In case your not up on the business, you need slot revenue to compete. Ny and Pa have it. NJ doesn't.

19. david63

david63 CH Dog

I know that for a fact, big business.

20. david63

david63 CH Dog

HERE IN GEORGIA last year they were talking about making it legal for horse racing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.