1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting is illegal my thoughts on the reason

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

idk anymore alot of people are so against this whole thing this is what ur dog was made for if it were to be legalized you would not be forced to fight your dogs and these HA dogs are running around now anyway if it were to be legalized you couldnt have an ha dog in a fight cuz it would turn on the ppl breaking the two dogs up so it would stamp them out as well in the balkans its leagal they dont have an issue with HA dogs running around

2. Otis7

Otis7 Pup

That would cover the responsible people who remove HA from their lines, not the people who breed for HA in pit bulls because they want it-and some people do want it.

3. 22GARA

22GARA Pup

in all former yugoslavia is pitbull fights illi but its a normal thing there..:cool:

4. Jelet

Jelet Banned

There is only one definition of gameness.
    And yes. The same goes for fighting dogs. Do you really think most participants in dogfighting if it were legalized would kill the dog if it loses? No. That would be a small percent. I doubt the majority of people would raise a dog and feed it/love it. Then kill the dog when it loses. Sounds like morons who would do this. And they would just learn there lesson that they are idiots and will lose there money. And just get out of dogfighting. The majority will not kill the losing dogs if it were legalized imo.

Sorry you lost me.... Since when are unstable HA dogs being bred for dogfighting normally or purposely? And who will buy a dog from a dogfighter and bring there dog to a dog park.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  5. Otis7

Otis7 Pup

Its living in an idealistic world to say all dog fighters take good care of their dogs and breed positive traits into the breed. There are droves of irresponsible thugs participating in dog fighting for all the wrong reasons and not doing anything for the goodness of the breed. Just like their are irresponsible breeders, there are irresponsible dog fighters. I am well aware of the intent of dogmen who are trying to improve and protect the breed-but I think now a days they lie in the minority. And yes, there are people that breed Pit Bulls for HA traits or don't care if they arise and those same irresponsible people peddle puppies to who ever would pay for them-those dogs can end up anywhere.

6. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Duh. There will always be those irresponsible dogfighters in the sport. Just like boar hunting with catch dogs. Not every single one of them is responsible. For example... I can link you to many youtube videos where the idiots give hog hunting w/ catch dogs a bad name and just let there dogs attack the boar and they just randomly stab the hog all over its body.(not aiming for the heart or neck etc.) till it bleeds to death. Not all people who hunt using there dogs are responsible either.

Yes there are those people who breed for those reasons indeed. But how does this relate to dogfighting being made legal? Dogfighting is made illegal and there are still people who breed for ha or dont care one ounce about this breed, so they peddle to make money.

7. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

If dogfighting was legal it would only improve the life of the dogs. If you look at japan you would know what I mean. Vets ringside and gentlemen and ladies with dogs, instead of the local dealer, hoodlum or just plain stupid persons. The only drawback would be the cost of owning one would be alot higher.

8. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Media blinded much?

9. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i wouldnt say so when you've watched it happen or found dead dogs in random places.

10. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

i believe it legal ive seen it soccer stadiums full of ppl and police come to watch dog fights sometimes there is less usually ther is but ive seen it to where ther was a bunch of them

11. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

no what about u ik nt every one does but it happens way to often ik vic did it to his dogs ik ive seen it done to dogs way to often there is no need for it y electricute the dog or hang it or beat it if ur going to cull it make it quick jmho if u wanna c them tortured thts ur choice i jus dont thin a dog shud b culled cuz it lost a fight good dog man dont and personally i would love to c dog fighting legalized in the US i think it would b a good thin for dogs and dogman alike

12. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

I personally think the matching of dogs should be illegal. If for nothing else than to discourage the ignorant or misinformed from putting to dogs down to injure each other when they know nothing about after-care or before care for that matter. But I don't think it should be a class XYZ felony as it has become in the United States. The felonizing of matching dogs only attracts the low-lifes and criminals who mostly don't even have a love for dogs from the get go. They are only attracted to the fictional pictures painted by the media and perpetuate the stereotype of the dogman as an ignorant cruel aberration and menace to society. When a true dogman is anything but these things. But ignorance spreads much faster than knowledge in this day and age. So in closing, I feel that the matching of dogs should be illegal but that these totalitarian laws need to cease in many aspects of America. Freeing up space in prison by letting child molesters get slaps on the wrist. And putting people in prison for "conspiring" to match a dog or possessing "dogfighting paraphernalia" is crazy and unacceptable government to me. Just my opinion.

13. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

im going to have to respectfully disagree with most of you post not all but most

14. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

well thats the main reason cock fighting became illegal in my state to a point they were taxing people on it before they made it illegal but then the government here got greedy and wanted more then they made it illegal but politicans to fire fighter were at these events and people were walking out of there with hundreds of thousands of dollers true story

15. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Matching dogs will never be legal in the USA. One, look at the politicians in this country.They care more about a Spotted Owl or a fish then human life.The Goverment doesn't care about winning a case against someone accused of dog fighting.Because the dogs are already put down in most cases,and thats the Government's goal is to kill the bloodlines off.Japan has legal matches and they do it right a vet at Pit side.Cops didn't really care about matching dogs it was all the other BS that went with it.Guys didn't pay up when they lost and a gun or knife came out . Sure some guys got pinched but mostly the cops wasn't interested in dogmen.

16. hardluck

hardluck Banned

ITS ALL because the world is changing. a hundred years ago people needed a dog to protect the farm, familly and maybe even fight for money. people had to be physically strong too, but all that isnt needed today people dont need big dogs like they used to and little hosehold pets are the thing of today and strong isnt in its brain smarts that is the power of today. crime is money, it keeps the lawyers working, cops running, bail bonds/banks, politicians in office and the media rolling the news off to us. I know for damn sure though i aint moving to JAPAN LOL... hate it or love it now adays with it being illegal it keeps the scum bags in the game and the gentlemen out.....

17. Redboy09

Redboy09 Pup

I cant speak for all Native American tribes, but I know alot of tribes in California have there own land, laws, and currency, so I believe it all depends on a certain tribe and there laws since they are their own nation.

18. I'm coming into this discussion a little late in the game. As many of us know, most people don't have a clue about these animals. They don't know what makes them tick and what makes them happy. As far as it now being illegal to match dogs, I think the whole problem has always been those that are motivated by money. I think if the dogs would have stayed on the back page, I think it would be a whole lot different today.

When the curs and HA dogs where sold to unsavory people, that was the begining of the end. I would say the late 70's to early 80's was when it started to turn bad.

Also, when you have people that are trunking, feeding gunpowder, and just acting real stupid, the fire gets real hot.

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Its all political backed by money and power. Imagine if someone that told the powers that be that they would pay them 10 billion dollars a year, every year for the rest of there lives to make dog fighting legal, I am sure THEY would find a way to make it legal.

How many people does dog fighting harm or kill a year?

How many people does cigarettes harm or kill each year?

Yet one is totally illegal and the other is totally legal.

Why whats the difference between the two? The difference is one of them is paying the government 10 billion dollars a year, thats why LOL.

20. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

It's illegal because the world is ruled by FURMOMMIES WHO DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE GAME...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.