1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dog fighting is illegal my thoughts on the reason

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

And that's why i say its the money bro, if any one that make's money behind closed doors,
    And I'm not talking about drug sale's/ I'm talking about Farm stock of any kind, or breeding dogs cats hourses what ever. Any thing you built from the ground up with your own blood and sweat and you make that good money. If the government, don't get there cut , out of something that you done built out of your own hands. There are going to shut you down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Otis7

Otis7 Pup

I think regulating dog fighting would be extremely difficult. Times have changed. If we can't even get a handle on this breed as a whole (back in the day most dogs were stable and even tempered, not running around mauling people) legal dog fighting would be complete chaos.

This breed needs a hell of a lot of reform, most dogs should be spayed/neutered, most people shouldn't own this breed, and most people should NOT be breeding them. We've got unstable pit bulls puppies falling out the ears and pouring onto the streets, loading up the shelters and hurting people and other animals. This breed needs a lot of work and the focus should be taken off legal dog fighting and put on getting this breed back under control. Their are a handful of good breeders who stick to the standards and try to improve every generation, the rest are just peddling dogs to make a buck and that is disgraceful to humans and the breed. I've got people down the street from me making unruly dogs and selling then on the street for $300. I was handed three of these emaciated, piss covered, growth stunted puppies and only one of them is a stable dog, the other two are mental basket cases. These dogs are being sold to the general public and causing chaos and being fought. You bet your ass I'm going to do anything in my power to shut down the operation.

I don't think the legalizing of dog fighting would do one bit of good for this breed at the moment. It may help certain people stick to the breed standard they agree with, but at this point that's about it. Much bigger issues to tackle if you really care about where this dog is headed.

3. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

LOL right................

4. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

SAY NO TO DRUGS BRO LMAO only people that's high believe that shit LOL:p

5. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

MAN I PRETTY HIGH RIGHT NOW & I DONT BELIEVE THAT SHIT !!! ROFLMAO !!!! :cool:

6. Rebs

Rebs Banned

today it does all revolve around money the whole thing, why? because the AR peeps are employed to tackle it, they get government funding to tackle it, lawyers get a pay packet, judges get a pay packet, prisons get paid by the govrnment to hold people involved, it all creates jobs ank keeps people empoyed. so money is involved any which way you look at it.

7. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

maybe it illegal cause the majority of the country dont fight dogs,they see it as cruel,were also a country thats out to set standards for the whole world to follow,.didnt all the countrys that was fighting them ban it a long long time ago,way before us.and i believe it was doing alright back in the days but times change.people are getting stupider by the year now.we cant have dogs fighting on every corner,and if it was legal in any fashion these day it would be.ether way it was heading to be illegal.far as drugs weed should be legal and coke and smack should be 25 year sentence for selling on your first offence.if we could grow are own in our house think of how much money would stay in our country instead of going to some drug lord that dont give a s##t about there own country.

8. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i just dont believe that many are getting busted for dog fighting for them to make much money from it,half the time they cant even convict,quarter get slaps on the wrist.

9. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

a lot of people dont support dog fighting because they view their animals as human and give them human rights. the majority of america treat their pets like PETS not roman gladiators.

a lot of people wouldnt want their dog to live outside or be "naked," im gulity of putting under armor on my dogs when its below 50* outside an we go running.

also if my granny had cancer and was having a hard life I WOULD out her down, suffering is no way to live when you dont have many days left.

lol thats part of it but theres more to it, watch the rest of that episode and pay attention to the medical parts. ;)

i can agree with you on that.

you sir hit the nail on the head.

10. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Could you please name the cons of dogfighting being made legal? what? 1 con? if that? The pros outweigh the cons, plane and simple. Legalizing dogfighting would 100% benefit the breed.

The only way to see/prove if a dog is game is by dogfighting. More people would be willing to match there dogs if it were legal.(without fear of getting locked up)

Also, even if you are not fighting your dog, you will be able to have a cat mill in your yard, weight pull your dog across the street, flirt pole/spring pole in public without fear of being witch hunted.

And hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of real bulldogs will not be killed if it legal(from raids for "dogfighting"), killing good dogs from witch hunting raids. If you havent been paying attention lately, many are having there yards raided and killing good legit bulldogs.

What about novice dogfighters who match the dogs who do not even know how to properly heal a dog after a match. They are fearful of bringing the dog to the vet. The dogs from novice fighters wont suffer no longer and could get real treatment to help them heal after a match.

The list goes on and on for the pro's of legalizing dogfighting..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  11. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i dont think game always entails fighting to the death, more or less game is the desire to continue in the face of adversity and YES THERES OTHER WAYS TO TEST for that.

anyways even if dog fighting was made legal, SOME fighters would still be killing dogs that didnt perform well in the [] and thats not something i believe the gov't wants to endorse.

12. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

dogfighting is illegal, your elected officials saw to it. dont like it? start at the grassroots level and petition your local officials and let them know what you want. votes count. get your like minded registered voters together and let your voice be heard.
    it will never be legalized, but unless you do something to bring forth legal change, dont even waste your breath about how things "should be", and ~who's~ fault it is

13. Jelet

Jelet Banned

Yes tony. The only way to prove if a dog is game is through dogfighting. There are not any other ways to test. If there is, please enlighten us all of those "other ways to test"

And yes I am sure, there will always be a small percent of sad pathetic individuals who will kill the dogs who didnt do well in the [ ] and are currs;who are a very bad example of a professional dogfighter..

But isnt that how it is in all breeds? What happens to a poor countrymen who wants a specialized dog to protect his or her crops from animals eating them? What if the dog doesnt do his job. What about those who get a guard dog to protect there assets, and the guard dog doesnt do its job. What about horse racing? Lets make that illegal. Do you think everyone single one in the horse racing sport will not kill the horse if its slow and doesnt win any races? There will always be those sad small % of people who do this. But key word... Small %...

Do you think everyone in horseracing will never the horses if it doesnt win any races/doesnt run/very slow??? etc.. Yet horse racing is legal.

I mean... If we have a poor man with little money. He gets a working dog so he can eat in the country. If the dog doesnt do its job. What happens? Will the man house the useless dog? No.

Killing happens in all types of dogs who dont perform there job. I dont appreciate it. But happens all the time in dog related sports/duties/activities.

14. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

i think we have a different definition of "game" kinda like how i have a different definition of the word "Cur" i'll leave this reply at that.

also most of the time with the exception of horse racers, other animals are given away, horse need to be paid for or they get the bullet. beside most animals dont cost $20,000 to $300,000 as the INITIAL FEE.

15. Otis7

Otis7 Pup

1 Con? The people breeding fighting dogs by the dozen in my neighborhood would have free reign to do so. Dogs that are unstable and HA being peddled to the public, winding up in dog parks and severely hurting people, again furthering the stereotype that these dogs are vicious and unpredictable. Its not regulated now how do you insure that only the people qualified to do so are the only ones who participate? I want to keep my dog, and I want to be able to own my dog where ever I travel. It is my firm believe that the legalization of dog fighting at this point in time will not raise the the publics opinion on the breed-there are too many dumbasses in full participation of dog fighting and irresponsible breeding.

16. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i do not think this sport is cruel, but as a whole it is there are dogmen and then there are the thugs who will ruin the game. it could never be regulated. you would have the men who really love this breed in its true form and would take great care of there animals before and afterwards but the you would have gangs and other jerkoffs ruining it for everybody thwy would not the first thing about matching a dog and the dogs would suffer. there is a huge difference between dogfighting and dog matching and 75 percent of the morons who would be involved would be careless and not care about the welfare of the dog. most idiots would probably cull a game loser because they are uneducates imbeciles

17. Boze

Boze Top Dog

also it is not a fight to the death. i remember reading that barny fife said out of 56 matches he lost 4. you know why good aftercare

18. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

lol i was just making a point its always about cash man at least with the gov't they dont care about much else ik reg. ppl do but not them man not much

19. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

good point!

20. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

Hell yea man thats what its bout but ppl these days that do fight there dogs have a mind set that if the dog looses it is a cur and this is not always true so what do they do elec. there dogs hang them beat them and burn etc. it aint right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.