1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Does This Look Like A Hot Spot?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by chinasmom, Jun 29, 2009.

1. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

excellent job! however, to go a little further on what Rosewood said about prednisone, it can really suppress a dogs immune functions, so i would not use it unless there is a serious amount of inflammation. but, it looks way the hell better than it did in the first pictures, so i wouldn't worry about using it at this point. good luck. :)

2. InBearsMemory

InBearsMemory Big Dog

I agree with what Frenchie said, prednisone is the devil in disguise. Yes it has its place but it also does quite the little number on the dogs kidneys, especially long term and if the dog has any other underlying issues such as a bacterial infection or possibly mange it will make the dog more subsceptible to that since it surpresses the immune system.

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Good to know!!!

4. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I knew about the preds and he had his last one today. Only washing and drying and the vet said the calamine would dry it up and so far so good. Thanks to all for the knowledge and help.

5. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

Looks much better. But you still have the other one below it that looks inflammed. Seems like you are on the right track though. Good deal!