1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion on Game ..........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mydawgs, Sep 12, 2005.

1. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Geez. Rottweilers were bred for guardian purposes & even served for a short while as dogs of war (many mastiff breeds were used in wars). NEVER in the Rottweiler history does it say that they were bred for or used for fighting. That's just another street thug myth.

As for Akitas, history shows they some were fought, but again they were NOT bred for fighting.

The Chinese Shar Pei was a dog that was bred for fighting....in addition to being bred for guardian purposes. They were dogs that were bred to require as little human interaction as possible in order to be a good guard dog. They were fought often, were bred for it, & still are fought today. HOWEVER, this breed still hasn't been bred to the same requirements as the APBT.

2. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

3. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Would someone answer my ? besides realonebulldog?

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

How nice to see some true Peis! I'm so sick & tired of how the show people have yet again ruined a great breed with emphasis being set on getting as many wrinkles as possible on a dog.

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm not sure you even understand what you are asking.

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

they were "used in" for awhile but not the length and time the apbt was.. but again, they were not specifically bred for fighting. Many dog breeds wre used but none, and I repeat none. ever came close to the same standard the apbt was originally held to.

Since gameness (as defined by the apbt) no, there is no other dog or wolf that has this (wolves by nature are NOT aggressive..they have mostly scare and bluff tactics. they would FLEE and RUN before staying and "fighting" unless of course its a mother with pups or they have no other choice..)

The confusion comes in as "game" has different meanings.. as in say "that race horse is game". Even used to describe terriers as "game" but when put into the same "gameness" as the apbt was held to, it doesnt compare

mydawgs likes this.
  7. 420puffer

420puffer Big Dog

Thanks for the answer instead of some smart remark

8. sharpeis....chow chows...rottweiler fightingdogs? OK OK OK its late ...goodnight...lol:)

9. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Realone...ROFL= roll on floor laughing. And private matters are to be taken up in Pm's (PRIVATE messaging). Rottweilers were not bred as fighting dogs as has already been stated...and I'm not sure about Shar Pei's. I did say other breeds were nearly as aggressive as APBT's concering dogs...and they are other fighting breed dogs. Again, I've already said that. Some dogs that were specifically bred for fighting and could be comparable to the aggression witnessed in bulldogs are...Tosa Inu, Shiba Inu (I believe), Bully Kutta's, and some other lesser known breeds. You are making this sound like fight fantasy...which is not the intended purpose at all. Again, you have ruined good threads by arguing false info! From now on the topic of this thread is, and shall remain....Discussion on Game. Other useless posts will again be deleted. Keep it on topic!