1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion on Game ..........

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mydawgs, Sep 12, 2005.

1. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Diesel -

Here is what I did when I came to the junction you are at in your quest to try and understand, I went and actually talked to my dogs breeder (my dog is game bred), I also read a couple of books:

The World of Fighting Dogs...Carl Semeneic
    The Truth About the APBT....
    Book of APBT...................... both by Richard Stratton

These two actions really made me understand what drives a good APBT breeding program. I recommend this, I guarentee all your questions, misunderstandings will be cleared up. You still have a very pretty dog, my Am Staff is only 34 pounds (I have her in addition to my APBT), and I think her ears are too big or her head is too small....but I love her all the same............

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  2. WWII

WWII Banned

***** This can not be discussed on the site Sorry*****

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  3. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I am going to save some time... I have read quite a few book in regard to my breed. I am learned in the area of game dogs, matching as I started in this breed with game dogs. I am a member of several game dog boards and this is the first one that I ahve met with this line of thought. Now I am fine with my dog being a cur. that makes sense to me. its the whole breeding game dogs but not game testing thing that is confusing me.
    How can you accurately guage what dogs are breed quality without testing them... its a legit question.
    There are several of oyu in this room that tout on about the value of a dogs gameness, and are breeding dogs. how do you choose what dogs to breed if your not testing your stock? and why is it that the dogs are still considered game bred if the trait of gameness isnt even established to be within the breeding stock?

4. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

its a legit question

Yes it is, and I am suggesting another venue where it can be answered. What can it hurt, it can only add to your repertoire of knowledge....right?

5. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

I guess as they say read between the lines.

6. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I am certain I have the answer to my question. For those that have PMd me I appreciate it. I was merely throwing up there the supposed double standard... knowing the answer before I started.
    I an not asking anyone to answer these question and expose the goings on of thier yard to the board. they were rhetoricle questions... not meant to be answered, just to provoke thought.

I know exactly what you mean, without spelling it out.

7. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Thats great.......strategically, rhetoricle questions are much more effective when the opposing viewpoint is unaware of your agenda.

8. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

lol..............

9. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

apparently you werent aware... afterall you tried you best to answer them.

10. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Acutely aware, just another strategy.......offering alternatives all day long, in other words...killing them with kindness, and in this case with a whole lot of respect. Would you like to declare a truce?????

11. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I take it from the elloquence and dillengence of your replies that you would be a much better friend then an enemy.
    No drama from my end.... truce?

12. SouthernDixie

SouthernDixie CH Dog

What a way to make friends... LOL

13. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Truce back at ya baby!!!!!!!:D

14. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Awww how sweet! Maybe ya'll can make some Shrinky-Dinks or something! LOL

15. WWII

WWII Banned

Maybe they'll come to the chat together...;)

16. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Oh yeh, maybe we'll come together to chat tonight WITH our shrinky dinks (they will contain vodka....what ever they are?????? :D )

17. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

they better have some kind of alcohol in them if I am going to do it, LOL.

what is a shrinky-dink anyway?

18. Marty

Marty Guest

I dont know but if its got anything to do with rum and diet coke I'll be there ;)

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Beats the sh*t out of me, I'm just tryin to make SFK think I'm smart.....did it work?????:p

Yo D, if you find out you better pass the info on to me.....were buddys..hee hee, and sharin is carin!!!!!!

20. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Marty -

Thats cheatin....a little perc action...hmmmmmmmmmm