1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dandruff

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Ldfpreach, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Ldfpreach

Ldfpreach Pup

My 5 month old puppy seems to have dandruff. I noticed it about a month ago... quit bathing him and started brushing him a little more and am giving him fish oil... Coat looks really nice but still seems to have dandruff! Help!!! :confused:

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

this is were i think feeding raw really pay off. the more you bathe that remove there natural oil.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

^^^true story^^^

Tropiclean medicated shampoo is really good stuff!

4. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I'd switch food. I've had quite a few dogs that would be flakey on certain foods but not on others. It can be a bit of trial and error to figure out a diet that suits each individual dog....

5. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

You can also add coconut oil to the food and to the coat as well. I used a Hemp shampoo I got at my local feed store for a couple of dollars and it seems to work well. Only used it 2x so don't know long term results yet.
    Zoe is right about the trial and error thing. And your pup is also going through a lot of hormone changes and growth changes now so that could be a factor and the dry skin could be temporary.