1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Daily Work out regemin, What do you think?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DirtyD, Apr 6, 2011.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

This is what I am working with. Want to know what you guys think.

WORK OUT #1
    1 hour hand walking
    10-15 mins flirt pole
    10 min cool down walk

WORK OUT #2
    30mins e-mill fast walk followed up by 2 mins trot to run
    *(he dont like to run on the e-mill)
    10 mins light chain pull
    *(just starting still trying to tweak the weight to time ratio of the drag. Right now I am working with a 3.5lb chain on a stillwater walking/pulling harness.)

10-15 mins flirt pole
    10 min cool down walk

WORK OUT #3
    Free run for a few hours in the woods. This consists of Swimming, tree climbing, and of course running.
    *(He has a solid recall and stays close, there is nobody around so no way for him really to get himself into trouble.)

Work out #1 and #2 I plan on rotating every other day with one rest day as long as the weather lets me. My plan for crappy weather days in just e-mill work and tug. Work out #3 is when I get around to it because I drive out to a spot in the country where I know there is nobody around and no way for him to get into trouble with the general public. Hoping to do Work out #3 at least once a week.

Spring pole, tug, and fetch are also in there but he is not driven by these things so he has a short attention span when it comes to them. Consider them extras I guess. When he shows that he is interested in these activities I work him on them for as long as he is focused. I figured that I would use the tools that he is most driven with for my foundation. I am also hoping to add in some running next to the bike (working on getting the bike up and running at the moment) since he does not enjoy running on the e-mill.

I got the feed figured out. I want to run a practice keep while feeding Evo and then another while feeding Raw and see what results I get.

Now my question to everybody is how can I improve this? What do you guys think? This is my first ever work out regimen and I am willing to listen and learn.

Not sure how long to run the regimen either, 60 days?

Here is the dog:
    SSPX1293.jpg

2. PA pitman

PA pitman Pup

Looks pretty damn good. I would just try to get him into the springpole more if you could, ESP bc it's an easier task for u than driving out to the woods or following for an hour. Of course the benefits of springpole work are great! I'd love to hear how the diet diff work out. I feed natures recipe grainfree , and supplement raw bone in chicken about once a week

3. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

Would like to see the results of this regime and I think it looks pretty good although I am not a fan of the e-mill as it does not allow for a natural experience but I guess if that's what you got use it.... Also, wanna see how the different feeds affect results.... should be a good experiment using the workout as a constant and the feed as the variable. Good luck man hope he takes to it well.

4. killadev300

killadev300 Big Dog

nice dog by the way how is he bred looks like a jeep bred dog to me... lol but dats just me could be wrong

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

hey thanks for the feed back! The dog is just a mutt but he likes to work for I figured I would give it a shot. I'm thinking about getting some hide and see if that will attract him to the spring pole more. And as for the e-mill, yeah thats all I got my boyfriend my try building me a carpet mill but until then all I got is the damn e-mill.