1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Dads finally upgrading bikes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quinny, Mar 14, 2010.

1. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Dad should be rolling around my place this arvo with his 09 yamaha R1. To say im stoked to go for a blat would be an understatement! My last bike was a CBR250RR and quickly got sick of it. Got into some trouble with the boys in blue on dads R6 and decided id give up. Now he's bringing this home i can feel it all coming back now. I think im gonna have to buy another bike! Anyone into road bikes? Yams in particular?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Yamahas are jumpy as hell I cant stand them. Ive had a r6 but got rid of it quick. Street fightered out an 02 gixxer which I enjoyed a lot but layed it down. Im gonna go with a cbr or 636. But congratulations to your dad for getting a new bike.

3. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Thanks mate. Yeh i can agree with the jumpiness, They can be a bit hard to live with around town and aren't much fun below 8000rpm. Didnt go riding yesterday due to bad weather and an unfamiliar (for me) bike. A few of my mates ride gixxers but i haven't had the chance to throw a leg over. The 08 gsxr1000 sounds unreal! Sucks to hear about the fighter though mate, you getting another one?

4. wonson3

wonson3 Pup

i have a gixxer 600 k8, overall its a great 600 bike but i see the ABC mode useless, a piece of trash..

congrats with the new bike

5. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

Yeah Ive been looking at some, but I need to get rid of my ITR and get a Lexus IS300 before I find a bike to fix up again.

6. Lipcurl

Lipcurl Big Dog

:cool: 09 R6

[​IMG]

7. peppapig

peppapig Banned

monster looking thing that lipcurl.....

8. quinny

quinny Big Dog

[​IMG]
    Mate just got a gixxer and loves it to bits he reckons
    [​IMG]
    And K3 1000 he rebuilt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think im gettin the fever again!!!!!!!

9. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Beastly indeed!!!:cool:

10. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

that R6 looks sick. I love the street fighter look, fairings removed

11. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

i personally own an 08 black/gold gixxer 1000

12. DENI

DENI Pup

Did he take one for a test ride ride before deciding to get one mate?? A mate of mine bought one last year without test riding beleiving all the hype he read in the magazines and lets just say he wasn't too happy!;)

They have had big problems with the clutches... they are horrible! He had his replaced under warranty but it still aint good... alot of the bikes are suffering from same issue.

They are also very heavy... the new motor did add some weight in comparrison to previous model but it is a interesting motor none the less LOL. Breaks are excellent and probably my favourite bit bout the bike... oh and the sound of the big bang motor, when accellerating from low revs she sounds like a ducati;)

The clutch makes it very difficult to ride at civilian speeds and trough towns but once ur up and runnin its not as bad... but for the price of a new one there is alot better value for money out there than the 09 R1:D

I hope this helps mate and be safe;)