1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cropped ears !!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Asterix, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Asterix

Asterix Pup

Recently in South Africa this has been banned!!:(

What is it like in the US and the rest of the world??:confused:

Then can we start a pole to see how the pit bull community feels about ear cropping??
    (sorry I need help with starting a pole:p)

2. Texbull

Texbull Pup

Its not banned here but alot more vets wont do it anymore. as for my take on ear cropping I like a nice cut but if the ears are rose ears I'd leave em

3. brat pack

brat pack Top Dog

All of our dogs have natural ears. Most if not all adba dogs have natural ears. All AKC dogs have cropped ears(Amstaffs) unless they are apbts that are shown in both ukc and akc then you have a few uncropped. To me it is purely cosmetic.

4. Marduk

Marduk Pup

In European Community in general such practice is banned...but you still see dogs like that.

5. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

I much prefer natural ears, but I think outlawing cropping is a bit too much.

6. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I agree !!!

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I prefer natural ears, but I don't believe in banning cropping or docking.

8. Marduk

Marduk Pup

if they have banned dogs...wouldn't they ban the cuts?

9. PrNc

PrNc Pup

In my country they ban the crops not only for ears but also for tails too, but you can allways find some vets that will do that! if theres no vets doing this, people will do that at home and it could result in a bad experience you know...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  10. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I know they tried to ban ear cropping in Vermont, but I'm not sure if the proposal ever passed. Its been several years since I've had a dog cropped, and I honestly wouldn't know where to look because some vets are just butchering them. I do know the last one we paid for cost $200, and that was in '99, so I can imagine what they cost now.