1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Crate vs. Chain

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by magnoilaotis, Nov 28, 2009.

1. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I recently had to move two dogs inside due to a jerk nextdoor. Since then they don't look as good as before. I walk them regulary and give them way more attention, but they are a little skinnier. Any suggestions on how to get them looking like their old selves?

2. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Oh you will more than likely have to work them.

Flirt pole is good for them and then invest in a nice treadmill and start em off slow and work them up gradually and you should see some nice results in a short amount of time.

Before you do though be sure there isn't a medical cause behind them getting skinny on you, If everything checks out good then you can start working them.

3. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

xtra long walks or u can use a weight vest n use very light weight to start and go up from there

4. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

just the change in enviroment could be causing some sort of strees on them(which would = weight loss).

5. Seems the "jerk" next door should not have any say so about "your" dogs. Move them back outside if that is where they want to be.

6. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i agree just make sure u make it safe for dogs,so he cant hurt your dogs or dogs cant get loose.mabe you culd try keepn em in kennel.just make sure it well built and big enuff

7. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

This guy has caused me nothing but problems from police to animal control. Nothing ever comes of it but I don't want to bring attention to my dogs. The real solution is to move, which will take time, but those are some helpful hints. Any exercises that won't attract attention are really what I need

8. Walking a "pit bull" down the road in your situation is all it will take. Welcome the animal control out to your home and let them take a look around. I still say the hell with the guy next door. Keep it up and he might move!!!!:D

9. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Check youre local laws. Obide by them. Damn youre neighbor.

10. Yes, right on. Just what little to no game said!

11. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I agree with Old Timer.

Also, if you do decide to keep them outside, since your neighbor is being an ass, it might be wise to put up a camera just in case your neighbor wants to harm your dogs, he might think twice if he sees the camera.

12. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I think I will keep them inside they are good company. Longer walks it is I could stand to lose a few pounds. Thanks a bunch. I always invite them to look around because I have nothing hide. They are always sad they can't flex their muscle and leave to look for bigger fish.

13. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i agree with both some dog haters will do unbelieveable crap!

14. gatilidie

gatilidie Pup

a i know i'm new but you can get him off your back by having a lawyer call him and say you wanna get him in to court for stressful living condition and you said animal control already been there you in the clear, on you and your family and you seeking payment cause they are supposed to be outside i got my old fart from beside me with the help of the courts:):D:p

15. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Good question! any body have any info as to if this can be done?

16. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

yes, it can be done:) You can have a lawyer write a letter that the OP (the client) will sue for "quality of life" and "undue stress" conditions if the harrassment continues by the neighbor.

That might make the neighbor back off...but again, you need to be aware that the neighbor could poison the dogs for revenge. That's why I suggested getting camera's for the outside area.

To the OP: is this neighbor new? how long have they been living near you?

17. Jelet

Jelet Banned

I agree with Michele. I would put the dog back on the chain and setup a 24 hr camera facing the dogs chain spot.

If your neighbor decides to fuck with your dog, you have the option to sue+report the video to the police and get him charged. And if you havent already, try going to the local police station and complain about harrasment, and tell them that you do not feel safe/ very threatened. Especially if you live in a decent neighborhood where there is not a lot of crime. The police will be bored and be glad to help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
  18. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Sorry been posting and reading while at work. I am the new one to the block. My surrounding neighbors are all friendly and even helpful. This guy just has a problem. Never thought about the courts. Maybe, but I hate the legal system and besides anything could happen while I am away. Inside is working out and I don't want my temper to get me in trouble. I will ponder the lawyer thing.

19. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

what ever u do dont lose your temper,dont give ur sorry ass neighbor the satisfaction.u need to calm,koo n collective .teach that dumb ass and all ur other neighbors what a responsible bulldog owner is.there are also dog backpacks that can work like a weight vest.u can fill those up wit sand,rice or lite weights.people will never know.if ur a responsible bulldog owner,attention can b a gud thing.if everybody sees u have a well behaved dog n u r responsible n safe wit ur dog u'll get all the other neighbors on ur side.that culd help get that dumb ass off ur bak

20. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

Had a neighbor like that once. She would get my dogs wound up then go cry to the other neighbors to try and get their support but it ddn't work. She called AC several times but all was good. Eventually she quit trying and then I moved lol.