1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Correct definition of dogman to me

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jacob, Oct 30, 2016.

1. deadrabbitsoc.

deadrabbitsoc. Big Dog

R
    Redboy to more Redboy

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

From time to time over a bunch of years.....all of them!

S

DISCOIII likes this.
  3. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

who in the Sam Hill taught you that, or did you just make it up ot of the blue..... FFS..

4. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

A surfer and a painter who did things for the pure satisfaction of the deed with no allterear motive.You do things you love like protect your country, your family, with a minset with no weaknesses.and when people with mindsets that are weak do things it starts to show up in their works.Gameness is a depth thats too deep for some to reach and understand and admire.To each his own.I like em on the bottom smiling the whole time just waiting with no doubt that they got this in the bag.Thats bad ass.

5. niko

niko CH Dog

Unless you take the bottom against a dog like Chinaman or numerous other destroyers lol....old school dogman realized it took more then gameness to win...Bullyson ring a bell?

6. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

Guys all im saying is I like the Mohammed ali fights he shows smarts,endurance,style you name it.Tyson was a destroyer but he will never be King great boxer in his own rite but his whole game waz based of his one or two strengths and he was a manbiter Lol.Listen I like a badass dog who got it all just as much as the next guy.i see alot of Dogmen breeding dogs that are Tysons.to each his own

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Everyones opinion will differ on a black and white definition of a dogman. Just as it does when one asks the question, what is gameness.

My opinion of a dogman is anyone who's life revolves around dogs. Not just this breed but any breed. Some work, some show, some breed, some do several of those activities and some do it all. Still though, if the majority of your free time is spent picking up dog shit, exercising, continuous endless researching, training, breeding or any of the other many aspects of owning dogs, then in my opinion, you are a dogman.

It's something you can get real technical with or something you keep a bit more simple but most everyone will have a varying opinion as to the definition of what a dogman is depending on whom you're asking.

It's subjective and nothing more than a label. Like many others used today.

8. slim12

It is bad ass but more times than not, you fork over some cash and then dig a hole.

Not a lot of purpose in that. The idea has been and has always been to win. I have seen losing dogs I would rather own or breed to than the very dog that beat them but the intent would be to create another winning dog down the road.

True story. Pulley's Ch. Cotton. Won his first in fine fashion. He used his mentor's advice all thru that keep. Since doing dogs is easy he took on #2 all on his own. He invented his keep. Put the dog on the mill, break open a 12 pack and two fat boys. When he was as high as kite it meant Cotton was ready. Cotton had his ass handed to him. He had been physically stopped. Luckily the other dog quit on his scratch. The owner blamed himself at first as he should, then when the winning feeling set in it was deemed ol' Cotton just did not have what it took. Cotton was bought on the ride home for $300 which included his collar, his chain and his barrel. Cotton was brought back out into Fletcher Chavis of Jocko fame. Cotton on weight and in shape laid the wood on the way to his CH.

Cotton was all night game. He was put on the bottom and he paid dearly, almost with his life. And he still had a scratch left in him.

Cotton was saved and matched again because he could win, not because he was a game dog.

Owning game dogs is not near as difficult as owning game winning dogs.

S

niko, bks and treezpitz like this.
  9. Jacob

Jacob Top Dog

I hear you slim.The money,The dogs,The Game.Winning.Glory,Pride stay focused stay true.Easier said than done.All that glitter s aint gold especially in the DogWorld.The dogs belong to Scientists.Not thugs,gamblers and anyone else with childish motives.but hell I'd be lying if I wasnt guilty of my own selfish reasons for loving this.But all said and done I truly love these dogs.

niko likes this.
  10. slim12

Me too. I have headed out the door a thousand times to get rid of them and free up a shit load of time. It never seems to happen.

Some of my best days are spent raking shit, cleaning houses, watering then feeding dogs...then sitting in a chair amongst them and just watch. Some play, some bark, some lay around, some simply do not give a shit what I am doing. But I enjoy just sitting out there with them.

Boring life no doubt. But they are addictive.

And I love a game dog as much as the next guy. I have picked up when I seen there was no chance. Some will say to save the game dog. True to a point. But my first thought is to save that dog in order to breed to the next dog in order to win down the road. Maybe it is preservation by proxy, but with winning in mind. If that rambling makes any sense.

S

niko likes this.
  11. reddirt redneck

reddirt redneck Big Dog

So, unless you have an actual science degree, you shouldnt own dogs...lol.. Good thing I have an applied Sciences degree...Albeit not in dogs, Im still in...lol

niko and Dusty Road like this.
  12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Preach it brother Slim!

lol I feel that whole post. I spend all day busting my ass, miserable that I'm doing something that is not rewarding in the least to me for a living. I rush all day at work just so I can hurry up and get home in the yard and not have to spend a minute over my scheduled time so I can get back where I would much rather be all day. I'm always in a rush to get back home any time I leave. Some days I think life would be so much easier for me if I just got rid of the dogs but It won't ever happen. My only tranquility in life is when I'm doing something with one of the dogs. Or for them. Really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

promoe, reddirt redneck and niko like this.
  13. niko

niko CH Dog

I feel the same way guys.You sometimes think about all the Vacations you miss but I wouldn't have it any other way