1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cont. spearhead

Discussion in 'SBT History' started by 12 gauge, Jun 1, 2011.

1. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

to answer your question Jacko, to my knowledge the dog's got a reputation for halfway working 1 badger and an unearned and made up reputation to make the dog and owner look good. of course, they say all generalizations are false and I wasnt there at the time of the testing, but i have seen over and over staffords with that type of appearance failed miserably when tested hard mentally and phisically in other legal venues other than (a frame, agility, wall climg, spring pole, etc..)

I maybe talking about a different dog but he looks mighty similar to the stafford I'm refering to. eventhough a dog with such a frame cannot function naturally and efficiently with the weight is carrying and the unbalanced body from head to tail.

2. jacko

jacko CH Dog

[​IMG] i only put the pic up to show a good example of a low slung type of stafford which happened to be relevant to max"s thread ,not for one minute did i say that this is the type of dog i prefer ! i also have seen dogs of this type in the flesh and they appear awkward doing anything other than a steady walking pace ,too wide at the shoulder (bulldog front) though some have made good badger "billy" dogs ,so some lack no spirit !this pic is of ch curfews white orchid also mentioned in max"s thread as being spearheads daughter,if like me i think is a far more ballanced specimen. at the end of the day i"m sure you know that there are bulldog and terrier type staffords .i personally prefer the latter ,physically there different but mentally they are the same,so like i have mentioned before it all depends on what you want from your dog to which type you choose.

3. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

this bitch isnt low slung to me just fat. she is far from being barrel chested. she's got good lenght of legs and long chest cavity. i never assumed these are the staffords you like bud. the capabilities of most of these bulldog type arent what a good stafford should be like. the fire is there yes, until they are tested hard, then they start having 2nd thoughts