1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioned weight

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Jamie123, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jamie123

Jamie123 Pup

I know I'm way ahead of myself but I searched and couldn't find it. When conditioning a dog how to find the perfect weight. Just questioning is there any method to knowing when a dog is at the perfect weight for his/her size?

2. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Bring the weight down daily, once your hounds start to show a loss of strength stay right above the weight where they start to get weaker..... This is very very basic and lots more goes into it IMO but if you've never done it, start there and let experience teach you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..the dog should keep hitting a natural weight when your working after a-while,,he will rebound to the weight suits him best....and he is strong at...

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

go to sport and activity's..................

5. Well Said.,.,........

6. Jamie123

Jamie123 Pup

Thanks. I've read keeps online guess I'll start experimenting thanks again

7. c_note

c_note CH Dog

This too. If you have worked a dog or the dog before, he will show you. When I'm in pretty good shape, I can damn near bet money I weigh 147-9 in the morning and 152-4 after dinner

8. how many times do you feed during keeps anyway and what food source?

9. Jamie123

Jamie123 Pup

Just experimenting in keep and conditioning haven't really started. All I do now is flirt, spring and hand walk

10. Jamie123

Jamie123 Pup

Oh and kibble with water but was thinking. Add apple cider vinegar???

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..your fine in what your doing..just soak your food in water,,ya can add a drop off whatever ya want now+then..increase the work....and as the dog drops a bit off weight with out loseing his strenth...ya decrease or increase the food as ness;..so just increase his exercise ........for now and check his weight before ya start then check in say 3 weeks.../etc