1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

collar material..??

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by GrChPitBitch, Jun 18, 2004.

1. GrChPitBitch

GrChPitBitch Big Dog

In your opinion, what material for a collar holds up the best??
    nylon?? Leather??

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Leather rots. What I believe would work best would be double or tripled seat belt material. I think I saw a site with some really nice collars. I'll see if I can find the link.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2004
  3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

4. Seen this site before ..But your rite they do have some nice looking collars..

5. CRG

CRG Top Dog

i have heard nothing but good things about the collars made from seat belts

Crash97 likes this.
  6. ASA

ASA Pup

think about it. they are made to save lives. so they are gonna be strong. good deal....

7. gator

gator Big Dog

Leather is nice to take your dog out on, but for the long run on the chain I would suggest nylon or seat belt material.

8. BDK

BDK oo7

hit up my buddy onac at amwk he will set you up with a nice collar tell him

Boondock sent you

9. one of my dogs believe it or not is allergic to nylon, everytime i put one on her , within less than two days her neck gets raw and bleeds, i have tried expensive and cheap, so i went with leather.

10. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

I would go with leather too, but you have to smooth out the bottom side to keep it from rubbing so hard on a dog's neck.

11. Onac

Onac Pup

WE COULD HELP. IF THERE IS A QUESTION ABOUT THE POLY MATERIAL THAT WE USE, (SEAT BELT MATERIAL), THEN WE COULD FLEECE THE INSIDE OF THE COLLAR. THIS SHOULD HELP CONSIDERABLY WITH THE RUBBING AFFECT.
    LET US KNOW
    Onac