1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Collar & Harness material

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by ryan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ryan

ryan Pup

Collar & Harness material

Hey all, thought I'd ask a question to get some thoughts.

My dog's skin gets irritated with nylon (collar/harness) so we use hemp, and there is no irritation. She pulls quite a bit in the harness, so there is adequate friction to know if her skin is sensitive to it. She's been wearing hemp for almost 2 years.

We haven't tried leather because we tried hemp right after the nylon. I'm not one to mess with success, but wanted to get input from others.

For those of you with dogs that have sensitive skin, what sort of material do you find works best?

Anybody have a bad experience with a hemp collar or harness?

Thanks for your input.

2. BLU3BR1NDLE

BLU3BR1NDLE Big Dog

Re: Collar & Harness material

I don't know about a hemp collar/harness. Might eat it and get really stoned. LOL :rofl: