1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

colby

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MPD, Aug 22, 2005.

1. MPD

MPD Big Dog

Are there game dogs by this line? I hear alot of talking but no show...info:confused:

2. WWII

WWII Banned

From the very little knowledge I actually have of bloodlines, that is a game line.

3. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

it's a well respected family and one of the oldest. A lot of unedjucated people associate the colby strain with being a game family, wich could be in some cases, but it's more popular belief than fact. The truth is that the colby family is just that, a family that has maintained the confermation and temperament of old. I'm sure that you could find some pure colby dogs that could possibly hold it's own in the [] but I wouldn't say that it's a game family. The game apbt has been revolutionized since the colby era due to the crosses of different strains to better the athletic ability of the breed as a whole, so with that in mind, and in my opinion I would say that the colby family is a pure family of the apbt, but not a game family.

4. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

Again, this is just my opinion

5. WWII

WWII Banned

It's kind of what I meant to say, I just didn't know how to word it. I'm sure if they were crossed with another bloodline, they could hold their own. Same with any other line really...In their pure line, they don't make a complete game dog, but when outcrossed, they bring more to the table. But Colby dogs are well respected.

6. planecrazy

planecrazy Big Dog

I love the history behind the Colby line and I've had the honor to meet Mr. Lou Colby on several occasions. He is a living legend up here in the Boston area. But I too have always wondered if any of the Colby dogs have been tested in recent years. I found this older thread from last year to be of some help.
    http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791&page=1&pp=10

I researched some of these game Colby pedigrees online, but I couln't find info on all of them.

Shaolin's Kuni Colby bitch
    Colby's Scoobie(Toby)
    Excaliber's Luke aka Diper Dan.
    CH Delgato
    CH Whitehead.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  7. jasong

jasong Big Dog

Yes the colby line is a very well respected line and it is the oldest line of APBT in the world. No other line can trace their ancestors back over 100 years like the colby line can. As far as game dogs, they were one of if not the best of the best years ago. He has gotten out of the game over the years but that doesn't mean the dogs aren't worthy of being put in the []. He doesn't necessarily breed for gameness anymore but that doesn't mean they aren't game if and when ever called upon. His line is known all over the world and is one of the great legends in producing quality APBT. Owning one of his dogs is like owning a piece of history.

8. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

cool i found out taht my brindle female is a colby

9. planecrazy

planecrazy Big Dog

10. tnob

tnob Big Dog

The owner of Stillwater kennels is a member on here and his screen name is Stillwater.

11. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog