1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

colby

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by FireBone, Oct 21, 2004.

1. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Great insight and information. MBK Scorpio' Jude was as game as they come. Yet He lacked in other area's. He would come back across even time. He was on Lady Rampage's yard before being traded to breed with Princess for 2 female pups back. Everyone kept there word. Also, Townsend's colby hounds were proven worthy of the breed. Oden, changed some standards and opinions of L.R. ect. All the colby hounds in 1st 4 generations and back, were proven to be worthy of the breed. Major and Raven came from a litter of 9. 8 out of 9 has proven to be game and worthy to be called Bulldogs. However a cross will still benefit this lineage.Thank you for your honest input. Long live the working colby line.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

3. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

great colby cross!!!

I think the older the blood,,,
    the more out cross it needs,,,
    and sometimes it takes a couple generations to see the results...

those old family dogs are the best catalyst if your patient and selective...

I think there are just merely brood stock when they are bred tight in the same family,,,
    but have noticed alot of times when this out cross is added to the old family
    and folded back to the old family it seems to help it...

It might be similar using the old blood to out cross and folding back to the new blood,,,
    but these dogs still seem to put a higher % than the old family dogs with a slight out...

that dog does look really nice too!!!
    looks alot like some of those wierd jack dogs as well as sniper seems to be producing those nice black dogs also...

reminds of the ch hagler dog I seen today when I linked ironlines site to a confused ofrn fancier,,,lol...
    ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [70963] :: CH.HAGLER(PIC)
    not the best pic...

hagler looks very nice also and has that old family catalyst I speak of on the bottem,,,
    but like the joe diffie dog,,,
    the looks look more like the new families in the ped,,, both black jack or etc...

I would think naturally that the old family genes would be so strong that the carry the out cross,,,
    but with very few modern winners in the old families,,,
    I would be glad the genes folded towards the newer families...

The old families do seem like good to great catalyst,,,
    depending on how the cross clicks and how many generations of selectivity
    it might take to get what you are looking for...

I also seen that jeep redboy starter kit(LOL) carry an old heinzl family that indian sonny got his hands on...

what abou that gr ch hobo that vengeance beat,,,
    wasnt he a good portion old colby blood???

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [232617] :: GUK'S HOBO

and he looks alot like the older family of colby dogs as opposed to the top side...

Did hobo lose game in the typical colby fasion of yester year???

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [55126] :: <b><font color=red>MBKS & SHAOLIN'S WHITEHEAD
    four champions in one litter??? pretty impresive...

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [137777] :: KGB'S BOSLEY

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [112609] :: SHAOLIN'S YOSHI
    a rarity and one of the last...

5. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Hobo lost game in the typical old ass geriatric dog fashion

6. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

thanks,,, my buddy dirty (rip) reffed veng championship when he beat HH with pure agressions ch black jack,,,
    he said veng didnt have much speed or a whole alot of ability but his first couple bites shut black jack down...

I thought I heard hobo as being one of the only dogs to continuing scratching back into vengeance...

Dirty thought the ch black river dog the foot solders had might have been the one to beat the vengeance dog...

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Hobo was just an old ass dog by the time they met. Both of them were, unfortunately it wasn't the show it could've been due to age. Two great little warriors just well past their prime.

I'm not sure if Hobo produced much.

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Im pretty sure vengeance never looked to impressive,,,
    besides his fist couple bites hitting there spot and taking inter toll...

He bit hard and was game were dirtys comments,,,
    a good combo I guess...

9. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

I agree with you. Hobo according to what is shown on his pedigree offspring hasn't produced much. However with feds online, who knows really knows other than the Man behind the dogs.

10. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

11. tattooit

tattooit Pup

Hobo quit in that match. He was 7yrs old (and had a TON if millage on him) but still, he curred out.

12. Box Bulldog

Box Bulldog Top Dog

Any pics of modern Colby blood dogs? I would love to see some.

13. tattooit

tattooit Pup

Modern as in still alive? Or just recent history (last 10-15 years)?

14. tattooit

tattooit Pup

Recent history, the best as far as most valuable, would have to be Kuni Rom/Por

Attached Files:

Box Bulldog likes this.