1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Colby or chinaman?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Fedor23, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

What line is better colby or chinaman, for conformation, agility, weight pulling etc?

2. diggit

diggit Banned

i think that depends on the training and individual dog... te colby dogs are not bred for gamness anymore tho.

i would go with chinaman.

3. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

This has to be one of the most moronic statements I have ever read on here.

The gamest dogs I have ever seen were Colby dogs.

Thats why people breed Colby dogs is for Gameness and Smarts.

Now I will admit they have very little mouth but make up for it with speed, smarts and gameness.

I am really biting my tounge right now, it goes to show that you don't have a fuckin' clue about what you are talking about.

Chinaman is an excellent line of dogs also.

Did you ever hear of Champion Whitehead and all her litter mates. Colby x Chinaman.

4. we have some from both worlds and let me tell you the are both VERY game.

5. blackbeard

blackbeard Big Dog

Did you know Jeep is 1/4 Colby?I'm sure you knew Redboy has even more Colby blood in him. He is an inbred son of Teal's Jeff who is 50% Colby. For those of you out there who just babble shit to post something, let everyone here know that the most influential breeder in the history of the APBT was John P. Colby. His dogs served as the foundation in one way or another for the majority of the bloodlines out there today. Almost everydog out there goes back to a Colby dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2006
  6. WOW.....THE TRUE VOICE OF STUPIDITY TURNS UP HER VOLUME ONCE AGAIN.

IN WHAT FORM OR FASHION DO YOU CONSIDER THE 'COLBY LINE' OF DOGS TO BE "NOT BRED FOR GAMENESS" ANYMORE? WHAT, CUZ SOME ARE BREEDING THE COLBY LINE TO CASH IN ON THE NAME AND FLASHY BLACK AND WHITE COLORING....THAT MAKES THE WHOLE LINE CRAP? ...ENOUGH TO GENERALIZE AND DISCREDIT THE MOST INFLUENTIAL BLOODLINE OF OUR BREED....HELL, PROBABLY MORE INFLUENTIAL TO THE CANINE SPECIES, THAN ANY OTHER BLOODLINE ????

BANNED FROM THIS BOARD ALREADY, GOING TO OTHER BOARDS ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW A SINGLE THING ABOUT THIS BREED, AND NOW THIS STATEMENT?

IM TRUELY IMPRESSED.

.......ANYWAYS...I PERSONALLY LIKE THE CHINAMAN BLOOD, BUT I'VE NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE TO OWN OR EVEN WORK WITH COLBY....SO I'M PROBABLY BIASED.

7. Fedor23

Fedor23 Big Dog

What line is better for conformation though?

8. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

They are both good. I have had dogs (I still have both colby , Chinaman Dogs) They both look good. And both lines are game bred I can not belive some one says colby dogs are not bred for gameness Mabey the dogs they have are not bred for gameness. I dont know why some one would breed a pitbull that was not game Thats like having a hotRod with a lawnmower motor it is just plain Dumb!

9. diggit

diggit Banned

exuse me? check out the colby site...... not breeding for gameness and they do not test there dogs!

they were the best dogs of the past......

ill get the site for you to check.

10. diggit

diggit Banned

11. pancho

pancho Guest

Not many breeders test their dogs now. Neither do the Boudreaus, Tudors, Hemphills, Hammonds, Corvinos, Heinzl, Carver, etc. The Colby's are not the only ones who breed Colby dogs or any of the above dogs. There is no way to prove but it is probably less than 1% of apbt bred today are tested. Breeding from a line of game dogs is not proof the decendants will be game. Not a high percentage of the pups off of 2 game tested dogs will be game. That is always the hope but in reality does not happen all that often.

You just have to do the best with what you have.
    Remember not that many years ago the staff that all apbt people like to complain about was the same dog as the apbt.

12. diggit

diggit Banned

i was talking about the coby kennel in general.... if somone is breeding the old good stuff thats different.

but colby doesnt test therefore they are NOT bred for gamness... i mean geez look at those pics of the dogs of today... the first one looks like a UKC dog i used to have.

13. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

What it is, is that most people that have been in dogs allready have The colby blood that they are working with, And are game Bred, and if you get a dog from colby do research like you would any yard and get a Game bred dog its that easy. I'm sure they still have dogs bred for show and Go. I know 1 of the strains I have in my dogs is game, and crosses good with just about anything. Oh buy the way I also love my Eli dogs and 1 line of them is hard on chinaman If I had to pick witch ones to keep it would be hard for me.LOL Yis J

14. diggit

diggit Banned

i dont believe in show and go.... theres really no point. esp. UKC dogs.

i just love how people jump down your throught and name call.... its a truly mature thing to do right. lol

anyhow maybe it would be better to go with colby if you are looking for show dogs.

depends whos breeding it OBVIOUSLY too.

15. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Some people put alot of work into their dogs and for you to comment on the issue that you apparently did not know anything about was rude. That is like saying that Boudreaux dogs are not breed for gameness because Floyd does not test his dogs. It was a stupid comment and you deserved to be told how stupid the comment was. Their are great Colby dogs out their. And yes the Colbys who you speak of still have good dogs. Hell what do you want every breeder to do put a sign up that says "Game Tested Dogs Come And Get Them" Nobody in their right mind is going to do that. Research the dogs before you take credit away from them.

16. well i can tell you that i know of 4 dogs on that page. and i have seen all 4 dogs hunt. and i will say they are game.

17. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

this i will say,,, colby and chinaman are great dogs and given the opportunity i would like to get a good chinaman male,,,,, i have a colby but they are both great dogs and wouldn't knock either,,,

i wouldn't mine having a good jeep either

18. diggit

diggit Banned

i wasnt "knocking" anything..... i have been told from a very very exsperinaced member that these dogs (the dogs of today) are not bred for game.

i didnt come up with this perdiciment myself......

19. simms

simms CH Dog

You dont beleive in show and go....theres no point?!? Wow, that's F%ckin Crazy. The Gamedog is the Standard.

20. it looks like your alligator mouth has overloaded your canary ass...........LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.