1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Coconut oil and dogs.

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AGK, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

I wouldnt go as far as using KentuckY for lube unless its a thorough bred mare from champion bluegrass lines...

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

My main female I used to start the yard i currently have has had full blood work ups done 3 times in her life. Both vets who did them said she's got no issues. They could never say what it is that makes her break out but suggested it to be a food allergy. They labeled it diagnosis wise as undetermined skin allergy. They didn't know. When I switch the food though, the problem stops and she heals up like it never happened. Out of 14 offspring from said bitch, only one did the same thing. And that wasn't until recently, she is currently 7 years old. Coincidentally, they live together and are fed the same feed and are also in the same environment. Once I switch the food, both are fine after about 2 weeks. The vet also told me it could be something in am using in the house like the carpet fresh powder I put on my carpets before I vacuum or one of the many other cleaning products I use everyday. I'm OCD so my house is always being cleaned and I use a vast array of chemicals to do so. The vets believed though that it's one of those 2 things. Environmental or the feed. I say food simply because when I switch it, they get better. I have other dogs down from both them dogs and none of them do it. Also have quite a few out there on other yards off them 2 that also have no issues with it. I've pretty much just learned to deal with it when I start seeing symptoms I switch food. Been through probably 12 to 15 different feeds in their life times because of it. The only brands they don't seem to develop it with that Ive used is TOTW or Diamonds Naturals. Although the beef version of the diamonds did trigger it so I just switched to the chicken or lamb instead. I've spent years picking my brain and spending money to try and figure it out as to what is going on with them when it happens and have just learned to switch feed when I start noticing the paw chewing.
    Im not breeding very tight bred dogs.

3. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

That could very well be, I doubt it's anything to worry about.. I was giving mention to "red Mange" I know my dogs do better on some (quality) than others. Dry coat, hot spots all that even allergies arnt anything to worry as far as I know!

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

It's always struck me as odd, like, why only them 2. Only difference between them and the rest here is they are in the house and the others are outside. They all eat the same food.

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Could be something you clean with then as you said earlier. Red Mange is a pain in the ass lol

6. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

I use it all most everyday for myself n the mutt gets it every other day