1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Check This Out...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by luv_a_bull_girl, Oct 19, 2005.

1. just a story i thought i'd like to share....
    one day i was about to go out to walk diegoh when i noticed a neighbor's kid from a little ways down the street was walking his dog... my boy diegoh usually doesnt pay attention to other dogs in their yards when i'm walking him but he and this dog (a shepherd mix) hate each other... well naturally i waited for the boy to go home and put his dog away... after about 30 minutes i looked and it appeared he was gone so i started walking diegoh... no less then 5 minutes later i looked down the street and i see the shepherd mix loose and the minute he saw us he broke into break neck speed straight for us... i, in vain, tried to pull back because i wasn't far from my house but the shepherd mix got to us first... he didn't even stop in his run he just went into full on fighting mode and naturally diegoh fought back... well there was this old pit bull asleep on the porch of the house next to where we were and he woke up with all the commotion... he got up and ran over to where the dogs were fighting, circled to my left side, and bit the shepherd mix which stopped the fight... he stood in between diegoh and the other dog for about 5 seconds, then the shepherd turned tail and ran away... normally, diegoh would go after a dog that would turn and run but he stayed still... then, as if nothig happened, the older pit went back to his porch, layed back down and went back to sleep...
    weird huh? like i said just thought id share... :D

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

They always protect the humans dont they ;)

3. yeah but i was more saying how it was odd that a pit bull stopped a fight... get my drift

4. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I get your drift. These dogs are SMARTER than most people give them credit for. It seems as though he put an end to a fight that shouldn't have been. In my opinion he did the mix a favor by running him off. If that mix had challenged him, he would have gotten killed. Thats why the dog bit him and he hauled ass out of there. Too funny to me :-) Excellent dogs aren' they...

5. yeah it just kinda left me dumbfounded in the street... but yeah they are smart beautiful intelligent creatures

6. Suki

Suki Guest

I'm wondering if the mix just recognized the role in the pack, being that both are free to roam., and have probably met on other occassions. Cool story! If only humans were smart enuff to know when to back off sometimes, huh?!!!!! Now THAT'D be something!!!

I hope you called your local news to tell them that a "pitbull" actually ENDED a fight, as opposed to initiating one!!!!!!
    would that make last page, or second to last?!!!!;)

cool story! Glad everyone is ok. Just GUTTA LOVE those pitties!!!!hehe!!!

7. well that was like one of 2 times the shepherd mix had ever been loose...
    but yeah that woulda been funny in the papers, of course no one wouldve actually believed it but its still interesting

8. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Glad you and your dog were ok, and no one was seriously injured..
    Leaves me "dumbfounded" that some idiot owner is just letting their "pit bull" run loose around the neighborhood or take it easy on the porch no one watching it at all.... Sounds like nothing more than an accident waiting to happen, and yet just ANOTHER example of an irresponsible owner. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005
  9. yeah well some people just arent that bright...