1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Champion Stock

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by dbrown23, Nov 3, 2010.

1. dbrown23

dbrown23 Pup

I am a very inquisitive type person,always have been. Bit of a nerd type when it comes to some things. I do my homework on alot of things especially when it involves me spending my money on. There are alot of dogs a lot of breeders out there. And I am just curious to wonder of all the champion dog there are and were. I must sit and wonder of all the dogs that were bred by Mr. Floyd Boudreaux, Jerry Clemmons, Tom Garner, and so on. Were we really getting the best that they had to offer or were we not . I personally think that we were probably not. After my conversation that with someone last night that I will not name but he is very well known and respected in the pitbull community, I am not going to say that we have gotten short changed over the years but there were definatley dogs that were never heard of and never will be that were awesome dogs. Now lets think about this for a minute if you were a true breeder and you are breeding for a purpose, meaning that you see traits in a dog that are lacking in another dog that you want to try to bring out and not money. Would you sell your best stock to everyone pr would you keep it to yourself and be selective who you gave it to. Or would you give sell the ok stock that is good dogs but not great as the one on the chain 2 rows over. I am not saying that there arent awesome dogs beeing breed right now but I really think that some super dogs are out there and not for sale and reguardless of how much money is offered they will die on there respective yards.

2. riffraff

riffraff Pup

no one will sell something that is better than what they will be left with they wont sell n0.1 whatever and be left with no.2 whatever but no.2 might very well be very good still

3. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

It depends on how good u kno the person!...alot of ppl can go get the dogs u can't get because if the relationship they have with the other person!....or sometimes it's just luck!...a pup is just that, a pup!!...don't kno wat he will grow up to be!!...so it on u when u buy the pup!...I don't kno one person who would give u there best unless they needed the money bad enough!....get out and get to kno them!....if u make it inside there circle they might sell u something that's already proven!!...it really is all about who u kno!

4. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

No breeder in their right mind would sell the best they have or they would be left with sub par dogs. I doubt I'll sell another dog again, people lie and f$&# up other peoples lives over these dogs. So for those who really put their hard earned time and money into everything they feed, they would be absolutely stupid to trust people with the best they have. I did and it bit me in my ass, now I gotta work twice as hard to make up for what is lost. It's definitely not worth the risk to sell or farm out your best stock these days.

5. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Never has been the only person you can totally trust is YOU !!!

6. dbrown23

dbrown23 Pup

Thats what I was saying if you have some great pups why would you sell them. I f anything you would cull the pups and sell the ones that you wouldn't want and keep the bad ass pups that were just born to do your future breeding from to keep the line that you have tight. And I agree on the only one you can trust is you as bad as I want a dog from TG's yard as much as I have read on this forum about him and some of the alleged things that he has done, I am very tintative to spend my money with him.

7. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

depends on whether you are a breeder (puppy sales) or a campaigner. Breeding kennels want to put as many of the best out there as possible, so word spreads and they can sell more pups. Competitors want the best for themselves so no one else can win with it.

8. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

in my hand im holding a king, a 3, a pair of 10's, and a 6. i think i will thow the pair of 10's in the kitty.

9. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

I'm going to tell u like this!...it's alot of ppl on this form that does not like one another and just because a person on here dislike somebody does that mean u dislike him too?....ppl are going to talk bad about u kno matter wat u do in life...that's just life...u can be the best dogman out there but it's always going to be somebody saying something negative about u!!....find out for urself before u make a decision about a person!!..if he's not the type of person u can trust or deal with it will come out when u meet that person

10. dbrown23

dbrown23 Pup

Exactly but the crazy thing is you will have people that hear bad things about some kennels and then still spend there money with them. If I decided to be in it just for the puppy sales I would still make sure that the pups met a certain standards that I would set. Who would be a better judge than you on your own stock. I have seen some breeders keep pups longer than 6 weeks to make sure they meet certain expectations that they have set. I wouldnt want my name being thrown in the mud as just a puppy peddler as some of the othere breeders around.

11. letsmakestuffup

letsmakestuffup Big Dog

Tom keeps the same stuff as he sells, no one can tell which pup will work out best so without keeping them all its just taking a chance. Being the breeder and owning the parents he can always repeat the mating if some go to other homes and they turn out good so I doubt its really an issue for him.
    Ignore the haters, phone Tom explain to him what your after, if he has it then go and visit him and pick up what you want. Dont let other folk cloud your judgement, go and see him then make your own mind up.

12. dbrown23

dbrown23 Pup

I didnt say that I wasnt going to buy a pup from him but at the same time 900+ is alot of money to spen on a dog and possibly end up being dissapointed on what you receive. But on the same note your rolling the dice anytime you buy or breed a pup for that matter. Even the best genetics can throw a dude every now and then!!!

13. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

that is a clear and concise and to the point as any answer to a question as i have ever seen on a message board...a most excellent answer...summed it up in a nutshell....great answer...US1

14. slim12

$900 is no guarantee you will not be disappointed in the end just the same as it will not ensure you get what you are looking for...it is a gamble regardless of where the dogs come from...i have a breeding on the ground that is heavy mims bred dogs....and i will tell you the percentages of these dogs making it in the end is as good as any ones...we have made these breedings for the last ten years or so and this particular blend has worked very well...the $900 comes into play because TG (and other big names in the game) have been doing this for many many more years than ten....they have produced far more quality dogs than i have...so out of that $900 about $600 is for the TG name attached that brings with it a very rich history...the other $300 is for a well bred (no matter the breeding or the paperwork) puppy....
    the end decision is yours...call him...visit him...see what you think and then make a decision...but do no let what i think or what the $900 may guarantee or what the 'board' thinks make the decision for you...best of luck....US1

15. slim12

when they were ultra competitive back in the day i do not think they sold there second best thing as much as what you got was not bred exactly as advertised...A X B = C...and C works out very well for you...so you breed C back to something that makes sense and you get nothing...then the breeder makes breeding D X E = F and the F litter is as good as yours..damn near a repeat....but F is kept and was not sold...the breeder made the breeding and you did all the work to prove it for him and then he makes the real breeding for himself down the road....i do not think the intent was to deceive or 'hang papers' to sell puppies...i think in the ultra competitive days the intent was simply to win...US1

16. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Very good post

17. tigerboy5

tigerboy5 Big Dog

I guy i kno had a yard of about 50 dogs who were very good performers and producers. He kept all of the pups that made the grade and culled the rest. He lost his entire yard bcuz of hurricane katrina. Now he is pissed at himself for not selling sum of his pupps to realatives or friends. But he said he kept them all bcuz of fear that they would get in to the hands of competitors and a dog from his yard would come bake and beat him.

18. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

And just so u kno, breeders do sell their best stock sometime just cause they might think it's game enuff!!....ex. Queen of hearts Mr.B sold her for that reason because she bit to hard!!...sometimes u get lucky and get the dog of ur life!!...just cause the breeder sells him doesn't mean u didnt get a good dog!!...alot of ppl have got good dogs from top breeders..

19. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

That goes on now!!...ppl dont want u coming bacc at them with there stock!...first thing they say when they lose is "I sold him that dog!!"......lol....but if he's not a hater he'll shake ur hand and move on but it's very few out there like that!

20. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Meant to say "not game enuff"