1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

chain set up

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cody1921, Apr 15, 2012.

1. cody1921

cody1921 Pup

I have looked and searched for probly a hour and cant find the answers to theys questions. First do you guys use two swivels on your chains like one at the end that attaches to the axle/ground stake witch ever you use then one on the end by the collar. Then my next question is how do you keep the rock dust in your chain spot if you use any.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

yard set ups

All the information you need and more.

Different people do different things. I use just one swivel connecting the chain to the O-rings that the collar will go through. Loop the end going around the axle and connect with a cold shut.

Check connections regularly for wear and tear.

I don't use rock dust. If you clink on the link I posted there's a diagram of a proper chain set up.

3. WHOCARES

WHOCARES Pup

Loop and cold shut 1/2" transport chain (1/2" grade 70 won't deteriorate as fast under ground) around the axle and bury the axle with 6-8" of 1/2" transport chain left above ground. Then attach 8'-10' of 1/4" transport chain to the 1/2" that connects to the axle. You can run a swivel on the ground in-between your 1/2" and 1/4" ( check often) to alleviate all the extra hardwear hanging from your dogs neck (the swivel, extra coldshuts and ring adds up). You can then attach a ring to the collar and coldshut the chain directly to it. We use sewn in swivel collars to make the entire set-up dog and user friendly.