1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ch (brantley's b.l.k.) b-line's cowboy por

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by deadgam33, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icepick

Icepick Banned

My point is this, if Ed was just "sticking to stories" with Cowboys shows, why wouldnt he have just stuck to the hung pedigree??? IMO the hung pedigree was a bit more impressive than the real one. So, if Ed went through the trouble of digging up Calamity Jane to DNA her, just to prove the correct pedigree, doesnt that show he wasnt sticking to stories? Hell, Cowboys hung papers wasnt really even known by many doggers to begin with. It would have been easy as hell to stick to the hung pedigree, thats of course if Ed just stuck to stories...

2. homer39

homer39 Banned

did you know b line or cowboy before wildside bought him and the stories started after he was bought

3. Icepick

Icepick Banned

All this was mid 90's man, why keep stirring up crap thats been discussed for atleast 12 years now DAMN. Maybe it just took that long to get across the pond. How many cowboy dogs over there anyway? I bet not many (if any at all,) so you are probably writing completely off what you have read off the net, or been told.
    To answer your question though, I did know one person that was part of B Line. I knew of Cowboy before he went to Ed's yard. I knew Ed before he bought Cowboy. I've seen alot off Cowboy, not all worked out, but name a stud dog that does produce 100%. The ones that did work would have made any dogman proud.
    Oh yeah, I seen on one of your responses that Kelley stopped letting Wildside advertise Cowboy in the SDJ because he was fake. WRONG!!!
    I'm not up Wildsides ass either, but the truth is the truth!

4. I guess that will just about cover it.

5. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

This is true! If it was about peds.... He would have stuck to the hung ped because it wasnt just better on paper... it was ALOT BETTER and would have made his -paperwork stock- 'more impressively bred'.

Why down grade the dog if he isnt just a piece of paper?

6. homer39

homer39 Banned

we can disagree on this till the cows come home,i prefer banjo dogs just incase your wondering

7. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

dont think anyone asked..... as long as your 'preference' meets your needs thats all that matters.

8. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Doggers dont like honesty! Lol

9. homer39

homer39 Banned

they both curred out but id bet you werent looking for betty jo lol

10. Well played, Mauer................

11. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Again tho, who cares if banjo was a bad ass id give em a shot and just look at the offspring a little harder if i knew mom n pop were quiteña. Folks act as if there are rules to bulding a bulldog.

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

*quitters is what i meant to say

13. CajunCountryK9

CajunCountryK9 Big Dog

A ch, whelped by a ch, who produced a good ch........ Hmmmm thats a tough one..... hahaha

14. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Laced, I see what your saying and to each their own. I personally wouldn't breed a quitter. Once that dog Curs out, there is only one place for them...

15. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I never said i would either, but were talkin about good dogs that just happened to be cur bred up front. again if the dog is a proven bad ass and throws the same, then who cares? He throws bulldogs! Theres curdogs in most pedigrees. But imo, knowingly breedin to a cur dog is gambling with time & progress, which can indeed end up bein a waste.

16. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Sorry buddy, I thought you were talking about only breeding his parents.

17. borat

borat Pup

we weren't going there to buy dogs from ed. we were going there to visit his yard and talk dogs since we were in the area. the person i was there with with generally considered people like ed peddlers. not that he wasn't a good guy because he was and he probably produced some good dogs. but at that time any who had a very large yard of dogs and made their living selling them was generally looked at as a peddler, regardless of the quality of offspring they produced. as far as all the hate on me, really i could care less. i had some very good friends involved in showing dogs, but really most of the people ive met in "the game" were not upstanding people by any stretch of the imagination. i always loved the dogs, not necessarily many of the lowlifes involved with them. as far as cowboy dogs, like i said i don't really care one way or another. once in a while i try to add some insight here on subjects i know something about. there is so much bullshit on these boards its comical. again, i was trying to be diplomatic about ed's dogs because i liked the guy and he was good to us when we visited his yard. the reality is though that he sent a lot of dogs to my area and from what i was told by their owners they were all curs. they would fool you because they were high percentage show quality and make you think you really had something, but when they hunts got tough they would pack it up. now, ive only seen a couple personally, but the ones i have didn't do anything to dispel that notion. i should probably note that these were dogs produced before ed got cowboy, but again, by that time most of the people i knew had no interest in a dog who was accused of being a fake show dog, and they were already sour on eds dogs in general.

18. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Not hating on you Borat, maybe you and I understand how the boards are, as well as the majority of people in the game dog world. There are alot of people that just go on what they have read off other boards in the last 12 years, and regurgitate it as fact. Funny thing is that it reminds me of the telephone game back when I was in grade school. The stories get more twisted every time they are re-posted by someone else lol.
    At least the dogs from ed's (before cowboy) yard made it to the show! Maybe their owners should have picked up on something while schooling them out.

19. borat

borat Pup

im sure a lot of them didn't make the schooling process. these guys were very, very active showing dogs. if they thought a dog could win one or two they would give him a go. they had dogs going constantly and were getting them from all over the place. from what i understand they went through a good number of ed's dogs and every one quit either in schooling or hunting. one of their friends was an up and comming guy who had some from ed he was very high on. i remember them warning him to be careful because they looked very good but when the going got tough they weren't likely to stick around. again, this was before he even had cowboy and i don't know anything about the quality of comboys offspring. all i remember is well known dogmen from that area said his shows never happened and no one really came forward to show otherwise.

20. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Damn, this thread is still going on????
    If you really want to get technical borat, who were you visiting in NC that made it convenient to visit Ed? No one within an hour of Ed thats really well known. So, you and your well known dogman buddy go at least an hour out of the way to see a "peddler" lol, somethings starting to sound funny about this!
    Ed got cowboy around 96, I dont think Wildside was started until 90 or something like that. Before Cowboy, Ed was mostly breeding Bandit, Lucifer ROM, and Renagade. Ones ROM, the other two produced fairly well as far as I know.
    Who were the well known dogmen saying Cowboy was fake in that area? Since they were well known,and from that area, I'm sure they wouldnt mind you putting out some names.
    Maybe no one YOU knew came forward, but how do you know "no one came forward." So you are speculating with that. Cowboy kept his title, and was not even mentioned in the petition printed in the SDJ. THAT IS FACT!

Heres the issue, people can get on a board and say "prove he did", well the nature of the game is to be fairly anonymous. The dog was titled, period. If you have some evidence, contact the SDJ about revoking Cowboys title, and then come back to this thread and tell everyone how you did it. So, why dont you BORAT prove Cowboy didnt do anything! If you can do that, I have about 50 more controversial dogs I want you to prove something about lol.
    Sounds to me you are just a Wildside hater, but guess what, you arent the only one. Strange thing about you posting on this thread BORAT, is its about Cowboy, which you have admitted you have no experience with him, or his offspring. Now, if you want to talk about pre Cowboy Wildside dogs, either find, or start your own thread. You are rambling about a dog you admittedly had no experience with, other than hear say!
    NEWS FLASH WILDSIDE IS NO MORE, SO NO NEED TO KEEP HATING!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.