1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cesar millan? good or bad?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by clutch billups, Mar 6, 2007.

1. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

ceasar millan? good or bad?

id like to gain insite on ceasars methods any one have an opinion ??

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  2. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

Personally, I think Cesar is just fine for average, everyday dogs. When it comes to APBTs it's a whole other story. He encourages owners to force their APBTs to do unnatural behaviors (not eat rabbits, chase cats, growl at other dogs). He makes the unexperienced owner believe that his DA APBT can go to the dog park and be a welcomed part of society there. NOT TRUE!! Most of us who own APBTs know that he is more foe than friend to the breed. Not only that, he will tell an owner that their GSD who bites at will needs to have a submissive role in the family and the children should over power him so that he knows his place in the house. I can name sooo many more episodes where he has misguided owners with their CRAZY animals. There are plenty that should have a bullet put in their heads, and he makes the owners feel safe about keeping them around. Bottom line, these owners are gonna wake up one day and see that he is a big f*cking crock of poo..........

Just my personal opinion, but anyone who leaves 40-something APBTs in a yard together (unattended) shouldn't have a freakin' show on the Discovery Channel!!!:mad:

NC and (deleted member) like this.
  3. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

i think i spelled that wrong but yall get the picture im sure

4. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

haha nice im not sure what to make of him my self ... but good point not all dogs can be helped ... and your right that is the bottom line

5. i think jaded hit it on the head pretty good i would just say it like this. he is REALLY GOOD at teaching you training techniques. how to make a dog sit, stay...blah blah blah. most any good dog owner would know most of that but for new people that part is good. as far as being an expert to any paticular breed, i think he is a little full of himself and his self proclaimed know it allness...lol. <<<like the="" new="" word?=""><like that="" new="" word???=""><like the new word? :)

i used to think he was an amazing traininer, but after reading alot of the stupid shit he says i never saw in print before i have changed my views signifigantly. btw, i don't get disc ch geo so i hardly ever see his show unless it would be sitting somewhere else.</like></like>

6. NC

NC CH Dog

I completely agree with Boogie and Jaded. I think he's a damn fine dog trainer. But I don't knw if I buy all that expert on aggressive breeds and what not. I wonder how many "yard" accidents he has that are never made public. I can't imagine having all those dogs.. pits, gsd, rotties, etcetc.. all together and never have an incident.

7. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

well i agree ... but i feel like i have to mention the fact that he is the only person on earth giving good pitbull pr on tv today ... and good point i wonder how many "incidents" he does have in that yard with all those dogs that we dont hear about ...

8. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

If you actually watch the show and see his dog center, he has quite a few APBT and other "aggressive" breeds that seem to be living together without a problem. I have counted at least 7 APBT and APBT type dogs that are living side by side with no problems. I am not sure if he ever does have a problem with them getting at each other, but it seems as though he is in control. You may not be able to imagine him not having any yard incidents, but maybe he doesn't. Most people are quick to put others in their own bubble of understanding because of their inability to admit that someone may just be better at something than they are.

IMO most of the people he helps are clueless about dogs in the first place. But I wouldn't look down at someone who can get more out of a dog than most of us, even with our own breed. I think all he does is train a dog and teach people how to train a dog for a crowded environment and socialization. These techniques would probably not be best for a hunting or catch dog, but for the petbull owner it may just be what they need. However, you wont get much huntin done if your dogs are too busy trying to kill each other.

If nothing else you gotta give him respect for being against BSL and the bulldog stereotype. If you don't like him, start your own show if you are so smart, put you money where your mouth is.

9. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I've only ever watched his show a couple of times so I don't really have enough information to pass judgement. It looks like he is fairly good at training people though. Can't say I've ever seen him train a dog. ;)

For pet owners without a lot of experience in raising a mannerly pet, he seems to be helping them learn basic lessons. Never seen him do any work with dogs that are aggressive to other dogs or people so I can't judge on that.

10. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

He does not use any obediance on any of his shows nor I have ever heard him say a command. He is NOT a DOG TRAINER in any sense, He uses dog pshycology in rehabing the dogs. I now alot of people don't like him because of the so-called harsh methods, But when you listen to his clients where they have had multiple dog trainers and no success and he comes in explains what the owners are doing wrong and how they can control it, it does seem to work. He has had worked with some pretty aggressive dogs on his show that were dog aggressive and a few weeks at the center they were running around with 40+ dogs like they had never been aggressive. Never does he reccommend to the owners that the dog is 100% and can now go to dog parks and roam free with other dogs. He rehabs the dogs so that the owners have some idea on how to control the dog and that is it. I know most owners have no clue what they are doing but he explains it to them in a way they can understand and what can be done it about.You may not like him but don't go around knocking him for his ways, until you have your own show and can prove his methods are dangerous or show any evidence of his past clients have any serious problems after being seen by C.M. He has been on TV for three years now and I have yet to hear anything negative come from his clients. So put put your money where your mouth is and prove all of us wrong!!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. Michele

Michele Guest

I think he's good. He trains people, which is good, because alot of them don't have a clue. I watch his show alot and when they show his place with all his dogs, alot of them APBTs, I'm amazed that his "pack" is so well behaved. I think alot of his cases are "last resort" cases.

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I agree that his technique is helpful and as stated, he does give good pr for the breed. The bully is his fav, according to him. I think it is amazing how his dogs act at the center, waiting to be fed and all.

13. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

He has actually done a couple of shows that had aggressive APBT, ones name was Emily. He really just shows them how to control the emotions and reactions of the dog by being calm yourself. how many times have we heard of people screaming when a dog was attacking and how that just amped the dog up even more. He even said on the show with Emily that the breed were meant to be gladiators and that they have to be trained constantly in order to protect and control the urge to get at it.

14. Michele

Michele Guest

I saw that show. It was good.

15. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

He has also done a couple of dog aggressive rotties that did well after being seen by him!!!!

16. I used to watch him all of the time. I love his show, and yes, some people tend to believe that he is rather harsh, but I must say, I agree with him completely.
    And you are right he is NOT A DOG TRAINER...his method is based soley upon pshycology of the dog. He takes there bad habits or there fears or there out of control behaviors and uses that exact thing to teach them that it is either bad or it is ok. He will do the first little part and then tells you what you need to do. Reason being, is because it is your dog and it needs to listen and obey YOU...not him teaching the dog and then the original owner having problems, because they dont do it exactly the same as him. He teaches YOU how to MAKE them do what YOU want them to do.
    As far as taming the DA out/down in APBT's.....well all I have to say is this:
    He has plenty of them in his yard, and apparently can do something to help the situation....otherwise, he would have a yard full of blood.
    Also as was stated before......HE IS ON OUR SIDE....HE IS SPREADING A GOOD WORD FOR OUR BREED! Don't knock him until you can do the same!

GOOD POST MAXIMUS!

maximusflys likes this.
  17. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

someone posted about he's never seen him train a dog...i've heard him say something to the extent of..."I train people, and rehabilitate dogs."

that's cool.

but what if your dog doesn't want any canine friends?

18. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Your dog doesn't need to have any friends. What he shows is you is CONTROL over the dog so that in public the dog is not pulling you down the street to get at another dog. Most of the people on his show have no control over their dog nor can they even walk the dog without being dragged in every direction. I know if my dog was out of control I would not be taking out in public or even competing in dog sports if I didn't have control over him and if you can't do that than why own a dog to be locked up in the yard or in the house for it's entire life. You can't take the agression out of certain dogs but that doesn't mean it can't be tamed down and controlled to be out in public.

19. he has been discussed previously. do a forum search. i stated CLEARLY that i hardly ever see his show and that the things i referred to were IN PRINT! so read his books and do the forum search as i suggested. i'm not gonna sit here and type it all over again flash.

oh and one more thing....i never said he was a dog trainer. LEARN TO READ! i said "he is REALLY GOOD at teaching you training techniques". call it physcology if you want they are the same freakin thing. keep drinking koolaid from the CM stand, it's doing you a world of good obviously! lol

20. maximusflys

maximusflys Big Dog

Typed in his name and nothing came up!!!!:confused: