1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

can anyone help figure out what my Patterdale is mixed with?

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by luvpets35, Apr 10, 2011.

1. luvpets35

luvpets35 Pup

Hi ! I rescued my Patt @ 3mos. He was beaten and abused. He is 2 yrs now. Great dog. Loyal, guard dog, def man's best friend! Still a bit skittish around large trucks and men . I've been trying to figure out what he's mixed with. He is 37 lbs. He used to be stockier during the summer on my families farm. Any opions would be great! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

did you actually see him beaten and abused?? patterdales are often very shy and if one doesn't know any better you'd think someone may have horsewhipped them in the past judging on the way they look at you.
    hard telling what the mix is with that head shot. if i had to guess i'd say beagle.

3. I agree how do you know he was beaten and abused??? At 3 months?

4. JohanM

JohanM Pup

if he is afraid of trucks and men let him go to alot of men and trucks and give him treats every time he dose it and tell him how good he is and you will see that he will not be afraid of them anny more.