1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

cajun rules book for raffle- a good cause

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by postmandan, Jul 5, 2015.

1. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

no idea but thank you for trying

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Maybe not enough money on card? lol jk. Seriously, that is nice of you to try to help out a man in need, that's all my frustration was about. I don't know Randy and I don't have to. If a person is in need and I can help, I will. Maybe you just had a bad day , we'll just chalk it up to that.

3. donated $20 from euroland on my visa card no problem very straight forward lol hopefully ill donate some more when ive earnt it, thoughts and prayers go out for randy!

4. stickler

stickler Banned

I don't have a black card, but enough money on my card. Pretty close, but enough.
    I'll try again.

treezpitz, I use this handle when it comes to dogs, because I'm a stickler on gameness and honesty. And you asked me what I'm going to do to help, and I just gave you my honest answer. And it's still my opinion. He should have the money alone somewhere. I never made any money with the dogs, but now I'm asked to help out a guy, and a legend of course, who did. And also I still believe the booklet won't pay any bills. Both for 10 or 20 bucks might be ok, but putting these "items" on a worldwide forum for an auction is pretty positive thinking, I guess.
    Posting the link to the donation site with the first post would have been much better from the beginning. Selling those booklets would be a small extra.
    And I for sure did my part to make this thread more interesting for people to click on, lol.
    Maybe I had a bad day, but I don't think so. What is with you other guys ?
    Dan offered these 2 booklets as the only ones in the world and I think it's just fair to say that there's more then his 2. I like that tiny booklet, too, it's kinda cool. I would have forgotten the booklet, but I can't forget about the smallest and cheapest "item" I ever bought.
    Now read my first post again and you might be able to see that I'm a pretty kind guy. LOL

5. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

stickler- I offered the book as a signed item from my own collection. as far as the books go yes sir years ago they were available but are they still today ?? hell I don't know. what I do know is james has been dead for quite few years,so he's not round to sign any more . that made the book a collector item for me. I was not trying to con no one I never have. I know you don't know me but me and my mills have been around quite a few years. pitbull korner has built and sold mills since the mid eighties. if I had the money to donate a mill I would but I don't. so far the donation site has brought in about 2000== the little book is up to $250.00 if the booklet helps get just one script re-filled I will feel like it was worth it. all I am trying to do is help out a friend the only way I can and trying to offer someone something in return. you have a good day and may the good Lord bless you. danny

6. treezpitz

Stickler, no matter how much money somebody has made over their life it will never be enough to pay for hospital bills etc if they were to fall terminally ill. Not everybody has health insurance and insurance doesn't pay for everything anyways. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if PMD had a used napkin with Crenshaw's signature on it. The point is, that signature alone is valuable and the gesture shouldn't be "pissed" on like I (and others) felt you were doing to PMD. I can only wish that if I was to fall ill that one of my friends would be such a good friend to try to help me the way PMD is helping GCK.

Also, no matter how you feel about GCK, a time like this shouldn't be used for you to bash his name or character. It just shows your true colors. And I did reread your first post. I thought it was disrespectful towards PMD. You were basically saying that the booklet wasn't that valuable and wasn't going to be much help. But in fact, it would be a lot of help.

7. stickler

stickler Banned

Danny, I don't have any bad intentions about you or Randy, why should I ?
    I'm sorry if you got that feeling. I just thought there is better ways to get some money.
    For example a tombola, where everyone who donates gets a ticket or so. And in the end there will be 2 happy winners.
    And maybe another tombola with stud xxx for people who donate xxx or more. Something like that.
    This goes not out to you personally. But with such a big pool of friends ...
    But, as I see, the "book" is up to 250, shows that I was wrong. Well, that's crazy, but it's a fact.
    Congrats, good job.
    And nobody is saying you trying to con someone.
    Have a good day too, Sir.

treez, I said it's not my fault that he don't have the money. I did not say it's GCK's fault. Because I just don't know.
    Maybe it's just the system you live in, I don't know either. Health insurance is a point. If it's really pay or die in the states ... well, your army probably will never run out of money. System ? It doesn't sound like a civillized world called the us, it sounds more like deep black africa.
    I'm not the biggest fan of my own country, but I should be happy to be born here. Pay or die ... that's fucking sick !
    Guilty or not also does not matter at all ! And I won't judge, I just mentioned Karma .

btw when I try to donate the site is asking for a zip code, but I don't think we have anything like that.
    So I keep it blank. That might be the problem. ??? Well, I never said I'm smart enough.

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Not to change what everyone is doing to help. An I mean no disrespect to anyone.I have a Cajun Rules pamphlet signed by G.A."Gaboon" Trahan. Does anyone know anything about him? Just asking since this subject came up. Thanks

I think what Dan is doing is great. We need more people like him in this world.

9. treezpitz

I'm not sure about the zip code, I would think that might be the problem. I think they do want a zip code before processing. Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere because I'm starting to believe you do have a heart and do have some common decency. I'm sure there are things going on that I'm not aware of as I'm not a friend of GCK but I do know some other friends are donating puppies that are being raffled off and I'm sure others are auctioning off other prized items that they have to earn more money for this great cause. But as you referred to, there are other things going on besides what PMD is offering here. I could only hope that my friends would come together like these great people are for this great man.

10. treezpitz

I second this comment 110%!! I wish all of my friends were of the quality of PMD!

11. i believe there is a drop down menu for u to state wich country your in ;)

12. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Well, I hate to hear my old friend from Greasy Corner AR. is ill.
    He is tuff, he might pull trough.
    Been some years since I last saw him. He was trying to help out Jerome Jolly in straightening out his transportation business.

As for the book Marion sold and signed a bunch of them.
    In fact I think Ken had them reprint from Raymond's Holt's copies he sold in Pit Dog Report.
    They were shirt pocket size for easy carry. I have a couple of them.
    In Raymond's copies it have original and modified Cajun Rules and difference.

Many people have sold the Cajun Rules over the years.
    I do believe they are in Stratton's book as well.
    Jessie Boggs had a book put together of all the rules going back into the 1800's.
    He gave me a copy of it, I help him get the information for it from my library.

I think if people wanted to help Randy and his family there should be a fund setup at a bank with conservators to only pay his medical bills.
    This way people could donate and know this is what all the money will be used for.

Gave Randy my regards and hope he gets better.

13. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

stinkrock trahan had a mag called the police gazette down in new Orleans in the old days- he orginazed and had matches back in the days

14. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

I wish he could but right now I am just hopeing he makes it thro the year . folks that have donated either for the booklet or the "raffle" I guess know us good enough to feel safe donateing mike . my name and word is good-has been for many years. when I say the money will go to randy they know I aint bullshitting. I will be going to see him next month and will hand deliver my part to him. theres danny a link somewhere above.hey bud chip in a little

15. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Thanks for the info. I've heard of that mag.

16. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

thanks to all the people who have chipped in to help randy. every donation will help no matter how big or small. http://www.youcaring.com/randy-mccollum-383039 all of yall that have donated will help him so much an once again thanks