1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

CA members

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by smalldog, May 2, 2016.

1. smalldog

smalldog Big Dog

How can we come together and get some adba shows back in California. I've tried contacting the so cal apbt club they replied back as the club being inactive. Any suggestions on what we can do to get things going in our state.

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Organize them yourself. You need 32 people to back the club, think that was the # they told me when I called a few months ago looking to do the same thing in PA. Also you can't have another club with in like 300 miles of you to start your own. Call up Rita at the ADBA, she'll give you all the info you need. Good luck.

3. smalldog

smalldog Big Dog

Thanks for the info AGK. I'm gonna see what I can do myself.

4. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

Here is the link with the info from the ADBA website for starting a new club.

http://ww.adbadog.com/p_pdetails.asp?fpid=793

Clubs and Events
    HOW TO START A CLUB

BASIC OUTLINE FOR STARTING A.D.B.S.I. SANCTIONED CLUB
    1. No less than 30 members: Before you can become a Sanctioned Club, you will need to have at least 30 paying members. The club*s name as well as the yearly membership fee is to be decision of club. (i.e. $25.00 for a single person and $35.00 for a married couple or family.)
    2. Elect Officers: After you have established your membership, you will need to hold an election of officers; President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
    3. Establish a separate account in the clubs name: Start a checking account in the club*s name with the membership fees. (Two signatures required on account) Keep in mind that all fees collected are that of the club and not one individual person. All monies collected will go toward club functions, shows, etc. The club treasurer regarding club funds should keep detailed information.
    4. Establish club*s Constitution and By-Laws. The club will need to establish their individual Constitution & By Laws (sample copy is available in the Club Kit for clubs review). This describes duties of the officers, clubs mission statement, procedures of operation etc. A copy of the club*s Constitution & By Laws will need to be sent into the office.
    5. Establish relationships of good will to sister clubs within their area. Acceptance letters from any/all existing ADBSI sanctioned club within your area (300 mile) although not mandatory, will greatly influence the outcome when applying for ADBSI sanctioning. Therefore, we strongly advise that all new forming clubs acquire an official letter of “welcome/good will” from all existing ADBSI sanctioned clubs within your area, to be submitted with clubs official application requesting ADBSI sanctioning.
    For a complete club kit package, download forms below. If you are unable to print the forms,
    please email
    heather@adba.cc

5. smalldog

smalldog Big Dog

Thanks Stratman.