1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bully dog needs home

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by CrazyK9, Dec 28, 2006.

1. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Ok, recently my friend Pat died. She was an amazing person, very dedicated to animals. Before she passed, she designed and built a building especially for her rescue dogs, the "Barkingham Palace" :p

While her husband visited her grave, a little black dog came up to him, tail wagging. We all laughed, knowing Pat wanted us to continue her mission.

So, heres the pittie girl...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do y'all think she is a mix? I think she looked like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier... maybe purebred, but its hard to tell from the pictures. I haven't seen her in person yet.

If anyone in Texas or its surrounding states is interested please PM me.
    She will be spayed prior to adoption!

2. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

More pics... look at that ear! :p Shes definitely a lap dog as you can see, lol. I want her but I honestly don't know if I can keep her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I don't understand, did anyone look for the owners of the dog or did u guys just take the dog in and now are trying to find a new home for it?

4. diva

diva CH Dog

She is pretty. Good luck on finding her a home. That is so great of you to carry on your friend's work.

5. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

We didn't look for her owner, if she had one, because s/he obviously wasn't responsible. No collar or microchip... running loose right off a major highway... and before these pics were taken she had skin issues and you could see a lot of her bones sticking out. We're assuming shes a stray and we're going to adopt her out.

Shes a real sweet dog, very submissive and laid back... a tad bit timid but still playful. She doesn't appear to be DA either.

6. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

JMO but i highly doubt that dog is a stray, yea maybe she got away from her owners and has been loose on the streets for a while, but to come right up to a human like u said she did makes me believe that the dog does have an owner somewhere out there. Shit happens, dogs pull collars over their heads all the time so i wouldn't be so quick to assume that the dog is a stray, i suggest trying to find her owner first before u try to rehome her

7. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I would Try and find her owner also first. For all you know she was stolen and the crooks lost her. I would be very mad if some one had one of mine that was taken and giving it away over the net. And You have no history on this dog for all you know she might have some hidden isues. THINK ABOUT IT. YIS J

8. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Ummm, please don't assume that I am "giving it [the dog] away over the net." I'm just posting here for exposure. She will only go to the best home. We do home visits, have adoption fees & a legal contract, etc. Plus, I did not find the dog and it is not my decision to make regarding finding her owner vs. adopting her out.

9. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

It doesn't matter who found her, u have direct contact with the person that found her and u've been with this forum long enough that u should know the very first thing u should say to them is to try very hard to find the owner before deciding to adopt the dog out. I understand u want only the best for the dog but damn think about it a little, if u adopt this dog to someone and one day some underlining history that u don't know about comes out and something bad happens then how would u feel. First things first find the owner, if that isn't possible then move forward with what the original plan was

10. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Ok but that dog just walked up to him and he just took her with out any effort to find the owners ? If I am wrong tell me, but if for some reason one of mine got out of my yard they would just walk up to you all happy and be taken and spayed and re homed with out any chance of me knowing. No flyers or any thing like that It might be just me but I would be HOT.The owners might be sick I meen think about it how would you feel. J

11. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Hey, I get where you're coming from, but I don't really agree. I understand shit happens but I feel there is no room for error with these kind of dogs. Out here in the country, people let their dogs roam. Chances are that is the case here. But I will suggest trying to find the owner.

As for the hidden issues, I would never EVER allow a pit bull type dog to be adopted out if it shows any sign of temperament problems. She will let you take food, even the best treats, straight out of her mouth. She knows no stranger. She especially loves kids and doesn't get rough with anyone at all. If she showed one once of aggression towards humans, you can bet I'd be the first one to have her euthanized.

12. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

No room for error. I will remind you of that If you ever have one stolen That happens. if That is you in the photo I have raised Pit dogs for longer than you have been alive and let me tell you SHIT Does happen. I have found mine after they were "given" away and They were all taken. So I dont Agree with anyone rehoming a pitbull with out lookin for the owner first. YIS J

13. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

hold on, hold on, hold on, I just looked in ur gallery u don't even have an apbt, shoot u don't even have an apbt mix, u got some shephard mix. Dont talk to us about no room for error until u actually deal with an apbt day in and day out, u don't have the slightest clue what is involved with taking care of this breed

14. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

You don't know what I have or haven't had experience with so don't tell me what I do or don't have a clue about, thanks.

AGAIN, I will suggest looking for an owner but aside from that, we can agree to disagree.

15. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Well u just contradicted urself again, u said in the other thread that u don't own an apbt but when u get one u will do everything possible to keep it contained. Sorry but that right there says to me that u don't have any hands on experience with this breed for a long period of time

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Not for nothin BoiBoi, but unless I'm mistaken, you don't own an APBT either. Just tryin to be fair here.......lol

diva likes this.
  17. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

I'm not contradicting myself in any way. Just because I don't own an APBT doesn't mean I don't handle them. For all you know, I am living with and working for a dogman right now until I have enough money to get my own place and my own yard started.

BTW, what makes yo such an expert, huh? I checked your gallery too. I see a mutt... but wheres an APBT? Now whos contradicting his self? Notice though, that I haven't jumped to conclusions by saying you don't have a clue about the breed like you did to me. I am open to being educated but if this is the way you're going to go about it, then no thanks.

ETA: oops you posted before I did pitbull. :p

18. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Haha!! Beat ya to the punch! Now, will you kids kiss and make up before this little feud loses civility and gets out of hand? lmao!

19. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

yea i just have a pitbull mix right now, but i've had a few pure bred apbt's so i know somethin bout somethin

oh yea and let me just add my apbt/boxer mix acts just as crazy maybe even a little crazier than some of the pure breds i've owned

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  20. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

BoiBoi It may take years but one day a dog will get otc or chew threw a kennel and then people relize that things can and do go wrong Hopefully she will never have any problems and live in the world of perfect.But in my world murphys law does happen. I have had dogs Stolen,Break chains and chewthrew kennels But I have been luckey and I have my dogs in the woods and every one is familey around me I have had dogs killed in knnl fights and every dogman/woman I know that has had dogs for any time has also. The ones That I never seen again were stolen.And nothing suck worse than looking day after day for a dog that you never see again. YIS J